[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Amillennialism and the Binding of Satan  (Read 22002 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Amillennialism and the Binding of Satan
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2003, 08:59:49 PM »
>>>
If this is indeed the thousand year reign...and we still have war, crime, poverty, famine and disease and all those things - and Satan is suppossed to be locked away for those thousand years...
<<<

Again, you make the fundamental error of equating Satan's binding with a lack of earthly wars, earthly famine and earthly disease. This is an unbiblical presupposition. Satan was not bound so that the world would have no famine or disease. Poverty, famine, war and disease we will have with us always. What you are talking about is a pure humanistic outlook, not Christianity. Satan was bound so that those who were chosen of God could be spoiled (seized by conquest) from his prison house (Isaiah 61:1-2.; Luke 4:18) and rule that Satan held over them. Christ didn't bind Satan to save the world, but to save "His People," not all people of the world. The election.

Matthew 1:21
  • "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
John 17:9
  • "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine."

This is the God of the Bible, not a god of man's own imagination. He came to save "His people" and that is why He bound Satan. It was not so that sin would cease from all the nations of the world, but so that sin could cease in the elect of all nations. Scripture underscores the fact that Satan's house was plundered (his goods taken by conquest) by the work of Christ at the cross, which confirmed and instituted Christ's Kingdom, establishing His reign over these elect that He set free. Through God's Spirit, we have to not only read but hear what we are reading.

Matthew 12:28-29
  • "But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
  • Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he First bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

If indeed Christ had cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then obviously it was the power of God manifest in Him, and that unambiguously demonstrated that He was the prophesied Messiah, the Son of David who was to come and establish the Kingdom of Israel. The same Son of whom the multitude spoke. It was indeed for this reason that the Pharisees said Christ had a Devil, because they didn't want to believe that He indeed was the Christ. Consider wisely and in context.

Matthew 12:22-24
  • "Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
  • And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
  • But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils."

Indeed Christ had cast out devils by the Spirit of God and that meant that the Messiah, the Son of David of prophecy, had indeed come. And that His Kingdom had also indeed come unto them. It is in this "context" that Jesus speaks about how He must first bind Satan. Answer the fundamental questions concerning what Christ was explaining.

#1. Who is the Strong man?
 #2. What is his house?
 #3. Who is it that comes to bind him?
 #4. What are the possessions in the strong man's house that he wants to Spoil (take by conquest)?
 #5. What "MUST" be done first, before that spoiling can happen?     

The only possible answers:

1. Satan is the strong man of this parable.
 2. His house is his kingdom.
 3. Christ is the Messenger of he Covenant who came to bind him and spoil his kingdom.
 4. The Elect are his possessions or goods, which Christ came to seize.
 5. Christ said that couldn't happen unless FIRST Satan was bound.

That means without Satan being bound, there is no Salvation to the nations. The binding of Satan is intimately related to his inability to deceive the nations, and to hold all people in spiritual bondage. The binding is not related to his ability to go about as a roaring Lion or to be Prince of this world. He was bound not to stop the earthly wars by man, but to stop the spiritual war against God in the elect of the nations.

Isaiah 40:1-3
  • "Comfort ye, comfort ye My People, saith your God.
  • Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.
  • The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

Comfort to "His People," that they have no more war (with God), and that they are ruled by the Prince of Peace. It's not that all people in the world are, but "His People" are. Likewise, Satan was bound to save "God's People," not to save all people in the world. Hell will be very heavily populated, so that idea is biblically untenable.

Matthew 1:21
  • "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save His People from their sins."

He's not going to save all people from their sins, only His people that were scattered among the nations.

>>>
How can anyone convince anyone that he is indeed locked away? 
<<<

As has been explained, it is not the saints' job to convince anyone of the binding of Satan or the spoiling of his house by Christ. Our job is to bear witness to the testimony of Christ. The convincing is done by the Holy Spirit of God. ..f it is His will to do so.

Romans 8:27
  • "And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

1st John 2:27
  • "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

2nd Thessalonians 2:13
  • "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:"

1st Corinthians 2:14
  • "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

>>>
Satan is the author of confusion and evil
<<<

Indeed! Which is why he attempts to confuse God's people asking, "...hath God said?" Even from the Garden of Eden He brought this confusion and evil, questioning whether God had "really" said that or not. "...hath God said?" Yes, God hath said!

Satan does attempt to confuse by trampling under foot Christ's declaration that He has established His kingdom, or that Christ confessed that He couldn't free the captivity held by Satan except Satan FIRST be bound. Christ said that and so it has to be true. If he's set us free, then Satan was bound first. In effect, Satan is still saying, "...Hath God said?" And our response should be, "Yes, God hath said!"  Satan is the great deceiver. Adam fell by disobedience, succumbing to Satan's confusion. In Christ we have 'strength' to respond differently. To respond honorably and honestly declaring, yes, Christ spoiled the house of Satan and set us free, and yes He first had to bind him. Yes, Christ's Kingdom has already come and His people are delivered to live and reign with Him.

>>>
so since we have both in such quantities how can anyone think he is locked away?
<<<

by the Power of God we don't think, we know the strong man Satan was bound so that the prophesied Messiah could establish His kingdom, setting those men in bondage free.

Isaiah 49:24-25
  • "Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
  • But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children."

Indeed the prey was the saints, and they were taken from the mighty or strong. But first Satan had to be bound. Then the elect of all nations could be set free and no longer deceived (rev 20). It's a done deal, not a deal to be done in the future. The New Covenant has been confirmed in the vblood of Christ.

Jeremiah 31:10-11
  • "Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
  • For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he."

Israel is gathered from the nations, ransomed from the hand of the strong man who was stronger than Israel, which is why it needed Christ to deliver them. Just as the parable of the Strong man First having to be bound that Christ taught His followers.

And so, asking how anyone can think Satan was bound is like asking how anyone could believe scripture. ie., how can anyone think Satan is destroyed by the death of Christ when Hebrews chapter 2 PLAINLY says he was? ...we believe by the Power and Spirit of truth, the Spirit of God. By that Spirit we understand that the binding of the strong man was a spiritual restraining that signifies Satan's inability to stop God's salvation plan from going forth to the nations that He would build His Church and that the gates of Hell (Defenses of Satan) would not prevail.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2003, 09:17:21 PM »
>>>
sounds like scripture twisting, produce the theology and then play with the scripture to make it sounds like it fits...
<<<

You have yet to submit any scripture to twist, which is required if we're going to have a Biblical discussion or debate of the texts. All you've done is give personal opinion and private interpretations of Amillennialism, Predestination, etc. When someone quotes you scripture word for word, that is not "producing" the theology, that is "testifying" to the infallible unadulterated truth of the word of the living God. We really have to learn the difference.

Twisting/Wresting scripture is more along the lines of someone claiming that when God says that Satan must be bound before his house can be spoiled, or that we have already been translated into the Kingdom of Christ, it's not really true because Satan is still around and Christ doesn't "REALLY" have His Kingdom as yet. Just who says that? His word? Me? Or You?

>>>
locked away, he either is or isn't...
<<<

Revelation 17:8
  • "The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

What shall we say then, "Wrong God, He either is, or he is not?" Shall we say, "wrong God, how can you say He is, and is not, when he is in the bottomless pit, and either is, or is not?" You can play those games if you like. I will say these words are faithful and true and "authoritative" and therefore that spirit Satan was, is and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit. We merely have to understand what God is saying, rather than feign he's not saying it at all.

>>>
also, saying Satan wasn't completely haltered implies even Christ couldn't do it...
<<<

Satan was completely haltered. For the saints, not for the world. Satan cannot defeat the saints. He defeats those who were never predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ. Christ said plainly "He prays NOT" for the world (John 17:9), but for those whom God has given Him out of the world. It's simply a matter of receiving or denying what God inspired written.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Daniel1210

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2003, 02:15:45 AM »
OK, I'll quote scripture

Zechariah 14     14:12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.  

If that's not talking about a nuclear blast what is it talking about?

Rev 9:16 says 200,000 thousand horsemen will be assembled.
When it was written the population of the world was not 200,000 thousand...200,000,000
Even today, only Red China or a united Islamic force could assemble that many "horsemen"

If Christ prays NOT for the world, what about "Christ came so that all could be saved? Or are we going to change the definition of all?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2003, 03:27:05 AM »
>>>
OK, I'll quote scripture.
If that's not talking about a nuclear blast what is it talking about?
<<<

Well yes, now you have now quoted scripture. But he question now is, what have you done to it? Have you let God define His own terms, or have you "read into" these scriptures a humanistic theory of a nuclear bomb AS IF that is straight from the mouth of God and the only thing that would qualify as fulfillment?

Zechariah 14:12
  • "And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth."

It says "plague" not a nuclear blast. See that word plague? That means we should define plagues by scripture, not by current events or televangelist prognosticators. We don't privately interpret a plague to mean a nuclear blast. If God had wanted to say great massive nuclear explosion creating spectacular damage, He would have said that. For He knows "the end from the beginning." We also know the Biblical principle that the scriptures are not subject to our own private interpretation. If we're going to privately interpret flesh consuming away while people stand upon their feet, why not God bringing the Sun closer towards the earth to do it? I mean, if we're just going to guess at it. Why not have fire from heaven coming down and doing it? Why not have aliens from another planet coming with lazer ray guns to do it? Why not have acid rain get so bad that it eats our flesh away? Why? Because the scriptures are not subject to our immaginations, fears, theories, myths, or private interpretations. It is subject only to itself. Therefore, scripture is its own interpreter and its own dictionary. Thus it will be plagues as defined in God's Word, not as defined by the movie, "late great planet earth" or sundry authors. We define loss of eyes as illustrated in God's word, not by man's ideas of earthly blinding. We then see the loss of tongue (language) or speech as defined in God's word, not as defined by man's "vivid" imagination.

>>>
If Christ prays NOT for the world, what about "Christ came so that all could be saved? Or are we going to change the definition of all?
<<<

Wait, did you say "if?" I guess the real question here is, can you or can't you receive the authority of scripture? If the answer is no, we're wasting our time and it's all a moot point. Because that would make you incapable of understanding the Bible. There is no "if" God said that. God said that and God meant that. The question is, are you listening to Him?

John 17:9-10
  • "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
  • And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them."

John 17:20-21
  • "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
  • That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

Note that word all in there? Note all "His," not all the people of the entire world. And so your whole premise about the word "all" is obviously based upon a flawed supposition. It is all His people without distinction, not all the people in the entire world without exception. That would be quite contradictory.  All quite obviously does not always mean everyone in the entire world. Unless of course Christ's words are meaningless to you. Then you may feel you are free to believe anything that you like, and contradict Him at any time.

>>>
sounds like scripture twisting, produce the theology and then play with the scripture to make it sounds like it fits...
<<<

I repeat, you have yet to submit any scripture to twist, which is required if we're going to have a Biblical discussion or debate of the texts. All you've done is give a personal opinion and private interpretations of Scripture. You haven't exegeted or expounded how the text of scripture supports your position.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

Daniel1210

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2003, 12:57:42 PM »
Tony Warren

I t says plague, yes, and it also says while they stand upon their feet.
This can only refer to something instantaneous.
Describe such a plague to me please.

matt205

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2003, 01:45:08 PM »
Tony Warren

I t says plague, yes, and it also says while they stand upon their feet.
This can only refer to something instantaneous.
Describe such a plague to me please.

Luke 7:21 And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.

Get it? Eyes, blind, plagues, God?

You aren't listening at all to scripture. Plagues as defined by scripture. Not the "Left Behind" books.

Mark 5:34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Revelation 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.  

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Revelation 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Revelation 21:9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Daniel1210

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2003, 01:22:41 PM »
canuk
We've been through all this before; Satan was bound from restricting the church...so God could build His church and expand His salvation plan. Satan wasn't completely haltered...he still was given leeway and movement in the world to do what he does naturally...destroy and hold captive. However that's all changed now...now he's free again to kill and destroy completely. And he's doing that now everywhere, through delusion.

If we go to the next verse, Rev 20:3:

Revelation, 20:3
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

...and shut him up, and put a seal upon him...

how is that not completely haltered?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2003, 02:28:35 PM »
>>>
...and shut him up, and put a seal upon him... how is that not completely haltered?
<<<

He is completely haltered. For the nations sake, that they would be evangelized, not for the whole world. You have already been given scriptures which declare that Satan was bound, but you insist on repeating the same defeated retorts "as if" they become justified the more you repeat them. True doctrines of Christianity are not based upon how many times you repeat something, but upon the sound exegesis of God's Word, and the receiving of it's stated precepts as "authoritative."

Matthew 12:28-29
  • "But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
  • Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

How is Satan completely bound? Obviously by the death of Christ. How do we know Satan was completely bound so that his house could be spoiled? Because God says he "had" to be. By the Spirit that should be good enough for Christians. Man needs no further witness than God's pure unadulterated word. Satan has been completely bound (haltered if you insist) so that he is unable to deceive the elect of the nations and hold them in bondage.

Mark 16:18
  • "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Why can those who believe and are baptized in the Spirit take up serpents and not be harmed? Because Satan (the serpent) is completely haltered and Therefore cannot harm the believer. We rule over the serpent where he is subject to us, rather than the serpent ruling over us, as he did before he was haltered.

Luke 10:17-19
  • "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
  • And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
  • Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

We have power over all power of the enemy and over the serpent that he cannot harm us. And it is because of the work of Christ to cast Satan down, halter him that the nations would no longer be deceived.

Isaiah 11:8
  • "And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
  • They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea."

The child of God can play on the den of the asp (snake/serpent) and upon the hole of the cockatrice (viper/serpent) and not be hurt because Satan (serpent/viper) has been completely haltered that he cannot hurt us. We are part of the Lord's kingdom or His Holy Mountain, and the serpent cannot hurt us. Christ bound him from doing so by his death and resurrection.

How is this then "not" the serpent being completely haltered or unable to deceive the nations? IT IS!!! He obviously has no power to do so in Christ.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

GoldRush

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 03:07:09 PM »
How is that not the serpent completely haltered and unable to deceive us? IT IS!!! He obviously has no power to do so.

This is absolutely correct.

Excuse us if this point has already been made, but to deny that Satan has been bound is to deny the cross work of Jesus Christ.

For Christ destroyed the power of Satan through His death.

"Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil."  Hebrews 2:14

Satan is still in this world, but he is spiritually bound and no longer has power over God's people, because the fear of death is removed from the believer.  It is fear of death (and it's accompanying "sting" and guilt) that holds souls captive to the devil).

Remove the sin, the "sting" is gone, and the Christian experiences victory over death.  (I Cor. 15:54-57)

The Christian can no longer be deceived by fear.  The perfect love of God has cast out fear from our lives.  

Satan is powerless over the invisible church of Christ.

J&R

GoldRush
". . Without Me, you can do nothing."
  John 15:5

Daniel1210

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2003, 03:48:43 PM »
Tony Warren

You obviously know scripture thoroughly (as most Reformed seem to) but for example, the passage you quoted from Mark 16:18....that is the very passage that the "snakes and strycnine" churches in the Appalachians base their style of worship on.
Many people of many denominations have different interpretations of the same srcipture...sadly, a lot of them think they have the only correct interpretation.
(Both preterists and futurists point to Matthew 24 as "proof" they are right. They can't both be right.)

GoldRush
Satan is still in this world, but he is spiritually bound and no longer has power over God's people, because the fear of death is removed from the believer.  It is fear of death (and it's accompanying "sting" and guilt) that holds souls captive to the devil).

Remove the sin, the "sting" is gone, and the Christian experiences victory over death.  (I Cor. 15:54-57)

The Christian can no longer be deceived by fear.  The perfect love of God has cast out fear from our lives.  

Satan is powerless over the invisible church of Christ.

Thanks! Now it's beginning to make sense!

Bradley

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2003, 05:24:58 PM »
Amen GoldRush!!

Far too often we overlook the power of the cross.

Ephesians 1:19-21
19   And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20   Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21   Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22   And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23   Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Bradley

Sandy

• Gold Member
  • I Stand Coram Deo
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2003, 11:23:43 AM »
It's very easy to see the accomplishments of the cross as well as the binding of Satan when we look back at the history of Israel, the Nation.

God chose Israel to be His special people, His beloved.  But prior to the cross we find that though they had been chosen by God, over all the nations of the world, still most of them died in the wilderness in unbelief.  When we ask ourselves how could this be???  Then we look ahead at the cross, and what Christ did there, then we look a bit further to Pentecost, and the outpouring of the promised Comforter, we must clearly recognize the fact that something very dramatic occured.  Satan once had unlimited power to deceive the vast majority of God's chosen people, now suddenly after Pentecost (after the cross) we see 3000 being saved in one day.  What happened?  What was different now?    

DeafPosttrib

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2003, 11:36:59 AM »
Hello!!!

I'm new!!

I am from Detroit, MI. I am independent fundamental baptist. Strange, I am posttrib and amill too.

I am aware that 99% of IFB people are premill.

At first, I was pretrib/premill in my early Christian life. I left pretrib camp 11 years ago, after my friends showed me of 2 Thess 2:1-3; and Matt 24:29-31. I was prewrath for the next 8 years. Then, 3 years ago, I become posttrib comepleted while I study Bible more deeper. It covinced me that there is only ONE future coming of Christ in the Bible. I do not see there are two phases of second advent in the Bible.

At the same, I become posttrib, while I was premill. While I study the Bible. It troubled me so much on the millennium. Matt 13:39-42; Matt 25:31-46; John 6:39,40,44, and 54 troubled me the mostly. Caused me turn into panmill for a short time. I was half premill and half amill at that time 3 years ago.

2 years ago, I became amill completed. Because I realized, premill have LOT problems with the Bible. Premillennium doctrine have so many conflict things with the Bible. I realized premill have more serious problems than amill does.

I realized, most reformers - calvinists are amill. I just let you know, I am not comfort with reformers and calvinists on salvation doctrine issue. But, I realized that independent fundament baptist do have LOT of problems on Eschatology than Reformed does. I am surprised.

Many baptists saying, "I am Bible believer". But, they did not follow the Bible correct. Why?

I am embrass for baptists. :-[ Because, I am amazing that refomrers and calvinists study Bible more deeper than baptists do.  ???

Most baptists are pretrib/premill in America. But, I know most ofn them did not study the Bible well enough. Most baptists believe on their pastor preach on pretrib & premil is truth and true doctrine. But they didn't realize that pretrib doctrine have lot of errors. Pretrib doctrine have much of conflict from the Bible. They should aware what the Bible saying so. But, they did not study it. I guess, they are attract to materialism or world things too much, not have time to study Bible.  >:(

Later, I will continue to post more things about amill.

I wonder, is this website discussion forum running by reformed is amill? Let me know.

Have a nice day!

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

Daisy

• Daisy means day's eye in innocent happiness.
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2003, 07:19:03 AM »
also, saying Satan wasn't completely haltered implies even Christ couldn't do it...

How do you figure that? When God didn't stop the wicked from stoning Steven to death, did that imply that he couldn't? Nether do I see any such implication in Christ's binding of Satan. Are you sure this is not a presupposition on your part?

bloodstone

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2004, 09:55:50 AM »
I am embrass for baptists. :-[ Because, I am amazing that refomrers and calvinists study Bible more deeper than baptists do.  ???

Don't be embarrassed. I can assure you, I know many Reformers who don't study the bible more deeper than Baptists. And some who obviously don't study at all because all they do is quote other Reformers and haven't an original thought in their head.

Mark 9:40 "For he that is not against us is on our part".

It's not really a question of Baptist, or non Baptist, Reformer or non Reformer, we're all individuals and some study carefully, and others don't. This is in all groups regardless of what they call themselves.

Acts 11:26 "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch".

We made our mistake when we got away from being one body and just calling ourselves Christian. Now it's Calvinist, Baptist, Southern baptist, Arminian, Reformed, PCA, PRCA, Anglican, bada-bing, bada boom, on down the line.

I find that Baptists, Presbyterians and Reformers (in no particular order) are nearest to truth. But they all have segments within them that are unfaithful. Baptists particularly because they are so entrenched in the false dispensational theology.

There are however Reformed Baptists who are Amillennial and have excellent bible study habits.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]