[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should Believers Marry Unbelievers?  (Read 38352 times)

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
Re: Should Believers Marry Unbelievers?
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2018, 01:11:05 AM »
Rather than having sex before marriage, how about not having sex before marriage. OH, what a novel approach!

An idealist? You're living in the dark ages.

Tony preaching obedience to Gods word is being an idealist? I guess you are right since a person who is guided by the righteous ideals of scripture rather than by carnal practical considerations would be a idealist.

But you are wrong about the dark. He's living in the light. I know that's hard for you to understand  because it is you who is blinded and living in the dark age.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2018, 02:47:32 AM »
Rather than having sex before marriage, how about not having sex before marriage. OH, what a novel approach!

An idealist?

If that means he holds to the ideals of scripture I'm sure that's what all Christians should be. Supporting homosexuality is against God's law. A Christian marrying a unbeliever is against God's law. Having sex before marriage is against God's law. Teaching others that it's impractical to refrain is against God's law. So who cares about God's laws? The man of sin or the man of righteousness? Well, I can only speak for myself, and I certainly do.

You're living in the dark ages.

We're all living in the dark age, let us pray we'll receive grace of God and be afforded the privilege to be with him in the light, in the age to come.

mimib

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »
  :iagree:
Mary

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »

An idealist? You're living in the dark ages.

This is the horror of irony. So your approach is that since you believe that Christians cannot stop sinning, let's just forgo preaching obedience to God's word because that makes us idealists? Let's not teach our kids to refrain from sex until after marriage? You're saying being a God fearing Christian is impractical? How do you reconcile this worldly philosophy of yours with actually being a Christian?  )Say_what(

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
This is the horror of irony. So your approach is that since you believe that Christians cannot stop sinning, let's just forgo preaching obedience to God's word because that makes us idealists? Let's not teach our kids to refrain from sex until after marriage? You're saying being a God fearing Christian is impractical?

This is the exact reason God forbids Christians from marrying unbelievers. Because of the two competing philosophies that will inevitably cause us to butt heads and ill turn us away from Godly principles. Exactly why!

How do you reconcile this worldly philosophy of yours with actually being a Christian?  )Say_what(

There is no reconciling this view with being a Christian. Reconcile means to rejoin or to restore friendly relations between two. You cannot reconcile that philosophy with Christianity. And Please, no one post that I should not judge, because that's a ridiculous retort.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »
This is the exact reason God forbids Christians from marrying unbelievers. Because of the two competing philosophies that will inevitably cause us to butt heads and ill turn us away from Godly principles. Exactly why!

Absolutely! And isn't that what he said to Israel for why they were not to mix with the heathen?

"Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. Deuteronomy 7:3-4"

Why are Christians so spiritually void of understanding, and so hard headed?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]