[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Whipped Cream  (Read 1647 times)

Wanda

• I'm a llama!
Whipped Cream
« on: April 21, 2004, 08:47:02 PM »
Sue, and all you other cooks. I'm making a desert recipe saturday that calls for whipped cream. The problem is, everytime I attempt to make whipped cream, it comes out like milk or melted ice cream. I know I could use the canned stuff, but it's just not the same. And besides, this is a special occasion. So if anyone has a good whipped cream recipe, please post it here before saturday.
   And Thanks in Advance!

Bruce

• Faith Overcomes All
Re: Whipped Cream
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 08:13:22 AM »
Whipped cream is not that difficult to make.

Advertisement

Related Recipes 
Pie Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index
Cake Recipes

Main Recipe Index

Recipe Newsletter 
Subscribe to our newsletter for recipes and updates once a week

Whipped Cream Topping

1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Just Whip cream until almost stiff. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until cream holds peaks. Spread over top of any dessert. 

Sue Landow

• Gold Member
  • Distributing to the saints & given to Hospitality.
Re: Whipped Cream
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 07:40:40 AM »
Wanda,
  The secret to perfect whipped cream is twofold. First, make sure the cream is chilled, and second, whip until it is stiff, not just firm.

Perfect Whipped Cream

Yield: about 4 cups

Ingredients
2 cups very cold heavy cream (preferably not ultrapasteurized)
1/4 cup regular or superfine sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

You will need an electric mixer or a large balloon whisk and a wide, shallow bowl.

1) To whip cream by hand: Add cold cream to a chilled, wide and shallow bowl.

Tilt one side of the bowl upward slightly with your hand and grasp a large balloon whisk in your other hand. Apply large, sweeping, circular strokes to the cream in a continuous, repetitive motion until the cream becomes thick.

Once thickened, add sugar and vanilla while continuing to beat. (To relieve some of the pressure from your mixing arm, hug the bowl in toward your body as you continue to whip until you reach the desired consistency.)

2) To whip with an electric mixer: Place cold cream in the chilled bowl and begin to beat with the chilled whip attachment. As cream begins to thicken, add vanilla and gradually increase the speed while adding the sugar in a steady stream. Beat until the cream is of desired consistency, checking the consistency frequently to avoid overbeating.   

3) To store: Use the whipped cream as desired and refrigerate leftovers in a covered bowl or secured in a pastry bag (with the tip in place) standing within a tall drinking glass.   

Variations

Fold 1 to 2 tablespoons melted chocolate into the already thickened cream. Or, reduce the vanilla to 1/2 teaspoon and, when adding to the cream, add 1 tablespoon of your favorite liqueur.   

"And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened". Luke 13:20-21

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]