[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Have a Thanks-filled Thanksgiving!  (Read 7345 times)

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
Re: Have a Thanks-filled Thanksgiving!
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »
 )ditto(
Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2018, 01:22:57 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2018, 06:52:22 PM »
Hope you all had a blessed day of thanksgiving.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving brothers and sisters!

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2018, 10:27:08 PM »
We have much to thank God for on this day and every day. One thing is His continuing grace and another is The mountain Retreat website. A beacon in the midst of of a crooked and perverse world. A place for all faithful christians to assemble and fellowship with other like minded believers. 

William B

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2018, 11:46:33 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you ladies and gents didn't eat too much.  ;D

As we give thanks to God for another year of bounty spiritual prosperity, we should remember that the first pilgrims here were of the Reformed faith. John Robinson was the teaching pastor of the congregation of the new Americans we call the Pilgrims. He never made it to the New World but the people of the congregation that made it to America still viewed him as their pastor until he died in 1625. He was a good Christian man and a great and capable defender of the protestant beliefs and the doctrines of grace. So as we celebrate Thanksgiving today and discuss the first thanksgiving in what had become known as the new world by the Christian Pilgrims, please remember that they held to the bible, Predestination, sovereignty of God, and the doctrines of grace.

For citations see: "The Soteriology of John Robinson, Pilgrim Pastor and Advocate of the Reformed Faith." Stephen M. Johnson, Westminster Theological Journal [Spring 1982].

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2018, 07:06:42 AM »
Tony, I agree with Frank. As we have concluded our passing of potatoes and spending time with loved ones giving thanks to God, my family would like to take a moment to share what we’re grateful for—you.

Because of your site, many are able to learn sound theology, read old time treasures and feel the joy that comes with doing what we love.

Thank you for being a part of the ever shrinking faithful Christian community, it just wouldn’t be the same without you.

Hope you and yours had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,
Your friends on the forum

PS Is anyone else ready for more of those potatoes?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]