[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What Does The Seven Horns Represent  (Read 6252 times)

Oneil

• I'm a llama!
What Does The Seven Horns Represent
« on: June 06, 2003, 01:05:09 PM »
In Revelation we see that the dragon has ten horns

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

And the lamb has seven horns.

Revelation 5:6  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

What is the significance of this, and is it related. And what is the significance of the seven eyes?

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
Re: What Does The Seven Horns Represent
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 03:07:38 AM »
" having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."
Quote:
What is the significance of this, and is it related. And what is the significance of the seven eyes?
The number seven signifies completeness.The horn is the symbol of power,and the Lamb possesses all authority in heavens and on earth.With complete vission(seven eyes),nothing escapes his notice.We are told that the seven eyes are the seven spirits of God,which refers to the fullness of the holy Ghost,which proceeds from the Father and the Son.
andreas. 8)
kai ean diabainhs di¢ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Oneil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 10:25:06 AM »
The number seven signifies completeness.The horn is the symbol of power,and the Lamb possesses all authority in heavens and on earth.
andreas. 8)

Andreas. How do you know that 7 signifies completeness, and how do you know that horns is a symbol of power? I'm not saying it's not true, but I would need to have some biblical justification for it.

Some Chrisrtians say horns represent kings, as the ten kings (horns) of revelation chapter 17. So in order to properly understand this, I need to know how you came to the conclusion 7 is complerteness and horns symbolize power. Thanks

andreas

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 10:50:40 PM »
The best reference is:
The Numbers in the Scriptures!
(Do they Carry any Spiritual Significance?)
by Tony Warren.
andreas. 8)

kai ean diabainhs di¢ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 03:58:36 AM »
Here is the link that shows a biblical perspective on the spiritual significance of numbers in the scriptures.

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/bible/numbers.shtml

>>>
and how do you know that horns is a symbol of power? I'm not saying it's not true, but I would need to have some biblical justification for it.
<<<

I would concur. You shouldn't believe anything without some Biblical justification for it. But the Bible does illustrate that horns are used as a "figure" or symbol of power or strength. Historically horns have been the image of power or used as a token of the strength of an animal or beast. In fact even today in many societies this is the case. And God uses horns in scripture this way to symbolize the power of whatever is in view.

Psalms 89:17
  • "For thou art the glory of their strength: and [n]in thy favour our horn[/b] shall be exalted."

People don't literally have a horn to be lifted up of course, but the horn is used here to convey the sense of believers being exalted in the glory of "His strength." We are lifted up in His strength (Psalms 46:1; 81:1) rather than our own. e.g.:

Lamentations 2:3
  • "He hath cut off in his fierce anger all the horn of Israel: he hath drawn back his right hand from before the enemy, and he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire, which devoureth round about."

To cut off the horn of the enemy is to break their "Power."

Lamentations 2:17
  • "The LORD hath done that which he had devised; he hath fulfilled his word that he had commanded in the days of old: he hath thrown down, and hath not pitied: and he hath caused thine enemy to rejoice over thee, he hath set up the horn of thine adversaries."

Here God uses the horn to signify that he has taken away the strength or power of Israel as judgment, and has exalted the horn (or Power) of their adversaries over them. In other words, while (verse 3) cutting off the horn of Israel means they no longer had Power to stand against their enemies, setting up the horn of their adversaries (verse 17) means that the enemies now had the Power to conquer Israel. Clearly the horns there signify Power or strength. We see that when a horn is broken or cut off, it is symbolism that one's power has been broken or cut off. Whether used in conjunction with a crown, where it's man's ability to rule (as a king), or for something to be unable to stand or have strength before an enemy, that signified the cutting off of power. E.g.:

Daniel 8:7
  • "And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no Power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand."

When the horn was broken, there was no more "power" in him to stand before the he goat. This is what those broken "horns" symbolized. And the same with the power of evil when it was broken.

Daniel 8:8
  • "Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven."

The great horn allowed him to push with power so that the Ram could not stand before him. i.e., it 'symbolized' his great power. And likewise, when his horn was broken, it symbolizes his power being broken or taken away.

Likewise in Revelation chapter 17 where we see that the dragon had ten horns. Here the number ten signifies fullness, and the horns signify power. So this imagery is to illustrate the fullness of time these kings have "power" to rule along with the Beast.

Revelation 17:12
  • "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive Power as kings one hour with the beast."

The horns signify the "power" they had to rule with the beast a short period.

Likewise, the lamb of Revelation chapter five verse six has seven horns. The number seven illustrates the completeness or totality of whatever is in view. Thus this signifies the lamb which was slain, was the completeness of the Spirit of God and had complete or total power. Even as Christ illustrated Himself.

Matthew 28:18
  • "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
1st Peter 3:22
  • "Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him."

You asked if the horns of the Dragon and the horns of the Lamb are related? Only in the sense that The Dragon is the substitute Christ or "Anti-christ" which mimics the true. The spirit of satan the antithesis of the Spirit of Christ. He is truly the Pseudo christ. e.g.,

Revelation 13:11
  • "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

Horns "like" a lamb. This is the substitute or Pseudo Christ who mimics the Lamb of God, but is truly the Antichrist. He comes looking like the "Power" of Christ, but his words are what give him away. For they are not the words of God, they are the words of men, the words of nullification, compromise, and lawlessness. The word of God is what the man of God will come with, but the words of Antichrist is what the man of lawlessness (sin) would come with. Satan's greatest deception is that he comes "looking like" the power of God and as a minister of righteousness (2nd Corinthians 11:14-15). He comes saying Peace, Peace, he comes with healings, he comes saying God loves you, because he is the great deceiver. This is his M.O. or Modus Operandi. In this sense that horns represent power, no matter whose it is, can we say they are related.

>>>
And what is the significance of the seven eyes?
<<<

Revelation 5:6
  • "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

Eyes in scripture are symbolic of sight, or the ability to see. The Holy Spirit of the Lord is signified by "seven" eyes to illustrate God's ability to see in totality. It is a figure of His omniscience and omnipresence. Seven eyes means He sees all or completely (seven) into all parts of the earth. The same as is illustrated in Proverbs:

Proverbs 15:3
  • "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

Here we see the Spirit of God being omnipresent over the whole creation, and it is illustrated by the eyes being "everywhere." The eyes of the Lord are symbolic of His Spirit everywhere present in which He sees all. Likewise, when God denies man that spirit, God speaks of it as them being given the spirit "that they cannot see." The eyes of blindness.

Romans 11:8
  • "(According as it is written, God hath given them the [color=ff0000]spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see,[/color] and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day."

The 'spirit' of slumber is the 'eyes that they cannot see.' That is what God says this spirit is. In other words, we all have physical eyes, but only the Elect have the SPIRITUAL eyes of the Spirit of God within us which allows us to comprehend the scriptures and know the truth. Those who are not elect have the spirit of slumber that they cannot see spiritually, nor discern the truth.

John 14:17
  • "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, [color=ff0000]because
    it Seeth him not,[/color] neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you
    ."

The spirit of man verses the Spirit of God. The spirit of antichrist versus the Spirit of Christ. The eyes which cannot see verses the eyes which can, which is the Spirit of God within us.

And if I might digress a little, the eye is the portal of our view of the world, and this sight to understanding is intimately equated with the spirit. It is the portal of our lusts, fears, pride, envy, greed, and vanity. As such we should be careful about it.

Luke 11:34
  • "The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness."

The Spirit of God is the light of our eyes. And if we keep our eyes set on Christ, singly, then there can be no darkness in us. It's when we take our eyes off Christ that we have trouble in the flesh and start to slip into darkness. The same principle as when we look at things that we want, we will start to lust after it, or envy others that have it, etc., etc. it starts in the eye, the conduit to the spirit of man.

Colossians 3:2
  • "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

When professed Christians set their eyes on earthly things and not on things above, they find they are not enlightened, and do not truly understand what is the hope of the Christian's calling. It's not earthly kingdoms, riches, beauty, speaking in tongues, physical miracles, name it and claim it religions, politics, popularity, or any of the other eye candy. It's a spiritual understanding which comes by our eyes being opened by the Spirit of God that we recognize truth and eschew evil. Opened that we know that this world is just a way-station, and we are just strangers and pilgrims just passing through.

Ephesians 1:18
  • "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,"

Our eyes are opened 'Spiritually' in that by God's spirit we have seen the light and know what is truth and what is falsehoods. God's Spirit witnesses with our spirit that we are Children of God. We don't 'see' this by physical sight, we see it by eyes given to us of God wherein we have spiritual sight. The real anointing of the eyes is not olive oil, it's the spirit of God that conquers the spirit of man. Eyes that we can see.

Revelation 3:18
  • "I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see."

The "anointing" of the eyes is a signification of the Spirit of God come upon us that we might have spiritual sight. Oil is also a signification of the Spirit. This seen even as Jesus Christ was anointed with the Holy Oil, which is the Spirit (Psalms, 89:20, acts 4:27, 10:38). Anointing the eyes is an illustration of the Spirit giving us divine sight. A signification that we have the Spirit of God that we no longer have the eyes of man wherein we walk in darkness. On the other hand, and by contrast, the eyes of man are also a spirit representative.

Proverbs 27:19-20
  • "As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.
  • Hell and destruction are never full; [color=ff0000]so the eyes of man are never satisfied."[/color]

It is the spirit of man that is never satisfied, and that spirit is represented by the eye, because the eye is the portal to the world and all it's lusts. The spirit of man is never satisfied.

..Aint it the truth!

So, back to the point of the seven eyes. The significance of the seven eyes is that the Spirit of God is "everywhere present," all over the earth seeing everything, everywhere. Seven horns and seven eyes on the slain lamb is an illustration of the Work of Christ in the world. He was the Lamb slain, the sacrifice who died and set us free from sin. It is by His conquering death that His Spirit is sent into the ends of the earth, to every nation, tongue, and creed. As illustrated in the prophesy of the bringing forth of God's servant, the Branch.

Zechariah 3:9
  • "For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day."

This is symbolism of Christ, the sacrifice Lamb of God who died for His people, whose Spirit is sent forth unto all the world, all knowing, all seeing, to take away the sins of the world.

May the Lord who is rich in mercy give us eyes to see and ears to hear His marvelous truths.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

GoldRush

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 12:26:29 PM »
Tony,

This is most excellent teaching.  Thank you for such a clear presentation of Scripture to answer these difficult subjects.

We find such blessing and spiritual food in this place.  We are so thankful to God for a place where we can still be fed of the things of God.

We just want to thank you for the time and energy you devote to provide these Biblical answers for all of us.

J&R
GoldRush
". . Without Me, you can do nothing."
  John 15:5

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 02:27:45 PM »
Tony,

Another example in Revelations came to mind of how Satan tries to imitate Christ, with regards to the rider on the 'white horse':

Rev 19:11-16

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

This obviously is speaking of Christ, whereas:

Rev 6:2-4

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword....  
etc.

In context, Chapter 6 seems to be speaking of God's wrath and judgments, primarily against the unfaithful, apostate 'church',  using Satan as an instrument of their destrution.  The various aspects of judgments agains the 'church' that
God allows by loosening Satan, is symbolized by the rider on 'white', 'red-', 'black',  and 'pale' horses, etc.

In Rev 6, Satan comes as the Anti-Christ, deceiving many during the period of GT, as various 'seals' of God's wrath are opened.  The
'white horse' rider shows up with the opening of the  2nd seal.  Whereas the true Christ comes at the end of GT, to execute His final judgment at the end of the world.  Would you agree with this?

Like J&R, I too want to express my gratitude Tony, for your consistently clear and faithful teaching of God's Holy Word!  I consider it a great priviledge and blessing to have been led to this site over a year ago, as it is becoming more and more difficult to find the true Gospel anywhere.

I pray for God's continued blessing on you, the staff and participants of Mountain Retreat web site, which we should never take for granted.

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 04:52:34 PM »
>>>
God allows by loosening Satan, is symbolized by the rider on 'white', 'red-', 'black',  and 'pale' horses, etc.
<<<

While I agree with your understanding of this as God's judgment, I disagree that the rider on the white horse is representative of Satan (if that is what you meant). I believe both riders on the white horse represent Christ as He comes to judge and make war.

The reason I believe it may "seem" to be Satan is that the judgment of God "IS" to bring Satan upon them. So that it is really God destroying them. This type language is sometimes seen in the old testament as God says He will bring his army against Israel. e.g.:

Joel 2:25
  • "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you."

Here God speaks of those who came against Israel as His army, because it's His judgment that He sent against them.

Moreover, the symbol of the horse is strength of battle, and the color white is of purity and righteousness. Thus this horse symbolizes God's righteousness as He goes forth with strength conquering and to conquer. Overcoming, and to overcome. I don't believe that Satan could ever be symbolized in God's word "as" a rider of a White horse. At best he could come "looking like" a righteous rider, but never actually riding a white horse. This horse "is" a white horse. Which to me means the rider is riding in strength and righteousness to conquer.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2003, 05:03:09 PM »
>>>
Thank you for such a clear presentation of Scripture to answer these difficult subjects.
<<<

I appreciate your kind words, but I deserve no credit for clarity, as God alone brings the words of scripture to clarity to one, and not to another. I can tell you I receive mail saying my doctrines are so convoluted and twisted that no one in their right mind could understand them. So it has nothing to do with my clarity, I think it has to do with whom God has given to listen and to hear. We can talk all day, but unless someone is willing to listen, it's all just words. And one has ears to listen, and another doesn't. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to think it's my clarity that enlightens folks. I consider myself unworthy of such accolades, and truly "fortunate" to possibly be a tool used by God. I thank God for the time that I have to try and help in any way I can. You keep up the good work my friend.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 08:30:44 PM »
Tony,

Thanks for your input regarding the white horse rider in Rev 6:2.  Although I try  not to be influenced by comments in my KJV study Bible (Thomas Nelson publishers), here's what's the footnotes say:

"The first seal initiates the worldwide conquest by the false messiah, the Antichrist  (Matt 24:5).... This horseman is not the same as the one described in 19:11 which is Christ at His second coming."

One thing that raised the possibility in my mind that this could be Antichrist is the 'timing' --with the opening of the first seal, followed by subsequent seals (red, black and pale horses riders).  The rider himself is not described although he is upon a while horse,going forth to conquer and conquering.  In either case, one thing that is clear, is that that these events are happening according to God's purposes/plan/set-times.

Would you also characterize the riders on the red, black and pale horses in Rev 6, as God's messengers (versus Antichrist), to execute various aspects of judgment against the church?

I think that the events spoken on in Revelations may be more 'fluid' (vs. linear) than we think.  The chapters themselves are not necessarily in sequential order.  

Do you have any studies on Rev 6, or would you consider doing one?

Thanks Tony.

judy

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2003, 10:21:04 PM »
>>>
Do you have any studies on Rev 6, or would you consider doing one?

Thanks Tony.

judy
<<<

I have written a study on all the chapters of Revelation many years ago which I had on my BBS (before Internet became popular), and have it tucked away on disk. But I'm not fully comfortable with putting it online now. Revelation 6 in my view has aspects (particularly of the four horsemen) which are very difficult to pin down. At least I'm not comfortable in making a definitive statement. Not about what the horsemen symbolizes (because I think that part is clear and can be shown with scripture), but I hope (God willing) to put it online as I put aside time to study the issue further. But as it stands now, I'm working on other studies and topics.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

andreas

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2003, 12:15:02 AM »
In Rev 5:5, we are told,"Behold He has conquered,the Lion,the one out of the tribe of Juda." Chapter 6 opens with the rider who goes forth conquering and to conquer. Are we not justified in making the conclusion that the conqueror is the same person?
The word conquer usually refers to Christ.
In the word you have tribulation,but be of good cheer, I conquered the world. John 16:33.
as I also conquered and sat down with My Father..Rev3:21.
In Rev 19:11 we are definitly told the rider is Christ.Take 6:2 and 19:13 together and you will see that 6:2 says that he is conquering and to conquer,which is being carried on now ,while in 19:13,we are told His garments are covered in blood,the blood of his enemies, so he has conquered. Also in 6:2 we are told he wears a crown while in 19:12 we are told he has many, as he has conquered many.
andreas. 8)

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 05:42:40 AM »
Quote from Andreas:

The word conquer usually refers to Christ.
In the word you have tribulation,but be of good cheer, I conquered the world. John 16:33.
as I also conquered and sat down with My Father..Rev3:21

Andreas, I know what you’re saying, but I don’t think you can base your argument on the word ‘conquer’, because there is a point during the GT when Satan is allowed to conquer the true believers (although only temporarily allowed by God to do so, in order to bring about the famine of hearing the Word of God:

Rev 11:7
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 13:7
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

‘Overcome’ is the same Greek word (nikao) translated  as ‘conquer’ in the references you gave in John 16:33 & Rev 3:21.

And then, end-times ‘famine’ appears to be associated with subsequent seals – particularly the black horse from the 4th seal:

Rev 6:7-8

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev 18:8
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Amos 8:11

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

I think we are all agreed that these passages pertain to God’s judgments.  And God’s instruments of judgment are not necessarily Satan or his false prophets, (although I’m still uncertain about the rider on the white horse in Rev 6).  Just as we should be careful about associating a single word or phrase with Christ (or Antichrist), we should also, as Tony Warren noted, be careful to not equate or confuse
‘judgment’ with ‘evil’, as in the example he gave in Joel where the army of locusts were send to destroy  fields.

This same type of thing can be seen in Exodus and Chronicles:

Ex 10:4
Else, if thou refuse to let my people go, behold, to morrow will I bring the locusts into thy coast:

2 Chron 7:13
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

As with  the ‘locusts’,  these horses in Rev 6, are instruments of God’s judgments.

These are indeed difficult passages involving many elements and factors.

Thanks Andreas for your input.  May God open our eyes and humble our hearts as we seek his Truths.

judy

Harold

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 09:28:54 AM »
 Rev. 5:6 " And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

I know that this is the Lord Jesus Christ, at least I believe that it is. But why does the Lamb have 7 horns and seven eyes? It's not a literal Lamb John saw I presume.

andreas

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2003, 12:26:17 AM »
Harrold,you are in the kitchen ;D.
The horn is a symbol of power, Rev.17:12, Deut. 33:17.With seven horns He possesses all authority to rule the heavens and earth. Matt. 28:18, John 17:2. With complete eyesight-seven eyes-nothing escapes His attention .These are the eyes of the Lord that range through the entire world.Job 24:23, Jer 16:17,Zech. 3:9.
The significance of the seven eyes is the seven spirits of God which refers to the fullness of the Holy Spirit.Both the Father and Son commmission the Spirit to go forth into all the earth. John 14:26, Gal.4:6.
For an article on the significance of numbers visit,

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/bible/numbers.html

andreas. 8)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]