[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Introduction: New Members  (Read 4243 times)

Chris

• I'm a llama!
Introduction: New Members
« on: March 19, 2003, 09:31:44 AM »
Hello fellow Christians. Came across this website via research for amillennialism, and just wanted to introduce meself and say hi. I'm a former Methodist who is looking to just fellowship with believers. Well, guess that's it for now. Blessings

Layla

Re:Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 05:53:59 PM »
Welcome Chris

I am new to the forum too, having found the board and the "studies" (which are awesome, imo) only a few months ago.  I have read some of your posts already and look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

Peace,
Layla

Boise

New member: also, for fellow worker..
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 01:27:58 PM »
     Greetings everyone...I just found this site a couple days before it changed to new format....it's still early but I think I like the new style.

Fellow worker...as just stated I am new to this board.  I have no ambitions to hurt, or offend you.  But, I would like to share my impressions/observations so far.  While I agree with much of what Mr. Oddo (sp?) went over in one of his posts to you, I don't have to agree entirely with your theology to get along with you in regards to this forum.  I don't necessarily think your motives are intentionally to be deceitful...although it sounds like several others here do.  In any event, this is what confuses me and is the cause of my question and my concern.
     First, my concern.  Bear in mind, these are my impressions...not documented facts.  You are very "active" on this board it seems but also very disruptive.  No one can really start a thread without you jumping in with these long posts putting forth your views on the topic, or passages, at hand.  Then instead of being able to share pleasant, thoughtful  "conversation" on the topic, or passages, at hand, the entire thread turns to people trying to address your variant views....and so it goes until everyone gets tired of it.  Please prayerfully consider this...it isn't said with a mean spirit, just to let you know, I, for one, consider your actions here (so far at least) to be an impediment, not a help, in learning.
     Also, I would like to get your opinion, as a Christian, if you believe that a forum like this has the right to ask you not to participate?  If it is true (I believe Mr Stark wrote it) that the board has made efforts to not have you be a part of it, I am wondering why you insist on continually changing "names" and still posting?
     Again, I am happy to have found this site and hope to learn and grow with the rest of you!  
(M Algate)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]