[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is The Coronavirus The Plagues Prophesied?  (Read 1227 times)

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
Is The Coronavirus The Plagues Prophesied?
« on: March 22, 2020, 02:19:46 AM »

Christian Ministry leader Paseka “Pastor Mboro” Motsoeneng says God told him in 2019 that there would be an outbreak this year. That there is proves he was correct and sent a messenger. Shouldn't we be looking more to modern prophecy to explain to us concerning the Coronavirus and not to world leaders? Being distinctly Pentecostal in doctrine, I understand prophesy that is slowly shaping the church to take note of these things.

In a video shared on his site Prophet Mboro Facebook page says some interesting things (see here)

https://www.facebook.com/prophetmborotime/videos/2779913265408358/

Mboro said he prophesied about Covid-19 last year, after receiving a message from God. We should be more attuned to the signs of the times. Don't be so sure these aren't the signs prophesied in the bible of plagues and pestilence. The spirit told me there is truth to this. The church has to start opening its eyes to the holy ghost and start accepting the wisdom of the "modern" gift of prophecy.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Is The Coronavirus The Plagues Prophesied?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 02:47:39 AM »

Quote from: Apostolic
Mboro said he prophesied about Covid-19 last year, after receiving a message from God. We should be more attuned to the signs of the times. Don't be so sure these aren't the signs prophesied in the bible of plagues and pestilence. The spirit told me there is truth to this. The church has to start opening its eyes to the holy ghost and start accepting the wisdom of the "modern" gift of prophecy.

It seems that our truthful testimony has fallen upon your deaf ears.  You go ahead and believe whatever you want by go and buy what your false prophets are selling. 

Mat 25:8-9
(8 )  And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
(9)  But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 03:01:15 AM »
I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate? I simply said I think we should be more attuned to prophecy. You are aware the bible speaks of plagues coming upon us?

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 08:26:48 AM »
I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate? I simply said I think we should be more attuned to prophecy. You are aware the bible speaks of plagues coming upon us?

Apostolic, yes but what prophecy? There are all kinds of plagues. Furthermore, God didn't speak to that man, unless he did so from the Bible.

Oneil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 11:20:37 AM »
Is The Coronavirus The Plagues Prophesied?

No. The plagues are spiritual, not literal. Just like the plague of locusts in Revelation 9. They are not literal locusts, they are men with the power of the scorpion.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 12:34:13 PM »
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 06:08:08 PM »

I am, but you'll get no bible answer from Erik. A lot of Christians believe that this is a plague brought by god Apostolic. It may be a precursor to the pretribulation rapture.

Mark

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »

Yes but what “spirit” told you there is truth to this. If God didn’t say it in his word, than God didn’t say it.

1 John 4:1
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »
>>>
I simply said I think we should be more attuned to prophecy.
<<<

I agree that we should. And "that" prophecy we should be more attuned to is the declaration of the word of God directly from the unadulterated Bible alone. Not from men who claim to be having personal messages sent to them supernaturally from on high. The Prophecy today is given to us through God's word alone, revealed as truth by the Holy Spirit. That Holy Spirit is within every single child of God and is the only reason that we "receive" the truth while others reject its witness. I can tell you that whenever we are bearing faithful witness to the word of God concerning His divine plan, we are true witnesses to prophecy. The imagery of the two witnesses of Revelation chapter eleven "represents" the true witnesses of God with the power of the Holy Spirit to be the only true prophets today.

Revelation 11:3
  • "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

They are clothed in sackcloth because they are in "mourning" for those who are not attuned to God's prophecy and therefore miss the signs "represented" by plagues, famine, blood, locusts and such. For the truth is, God's ways and thoughts are not the ways and thoughts of modern men and their ideas of prophecy. God's prophecy will always come to pass, but not always in the way that man thinks it should. i.e., all Israel will not be saved in the way that man's thoughts might perceive it, yet it is a faithful truth that all Israel shall be saved. God's word has gone forth, but the question is, who will "hear" it. Indeed, who has the ears to hear it? Selah.

Isaiah 55:8-11
  • "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
  • For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
  • For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
  • So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Indeed, as Christians, we should be more attuned to prophecy. But if we were all attuned to prophecy there would be no need for God to send strong delusion or judgment upon the church, no need for the plagues of Locusts, blood or darkness. So we never will all be attuned, for that is not God's plan. So he who hath an ear, His plan is that he that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches.

>>>
You are aware the bible speaks of plagues coming upon us?
<<<

I am aware. Are you aware God speaks of a famine, but not of a dearth of food and water, but of hearing the word (Amos 8 ) of God? Likewise, The prophecy or prognostication that God's word speaks of concerning plague and pestilence is the current infectious epidemic of sin and unrighteousness of those in the unfaithful church. It is the word of God declaring a plague which is the judgment word upon that which has become spiritually as Egypt, and as abominable as Sodom. A judgment that is as much diseased, boil or tumorous as any physical plague, and just as faminous as a lack of food or water. Waters of blood just as deadly to drink as the plagues of Egypt. We have preached, testified, and witnessed of that prophesy from God as fire from our mouths, and our witness of these plagues has come to fruition.

Revelation 11:6-8
  • "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
  • And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
  • And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."

The faithful witnesses who have the power that it doesn't rain, and that the water is turned to blood, and to smite the earth with plagues, are the faithful witnesses who come in the Power of the Holy Spirit in the truth of God's word. It is "these" witnesses who have prophesied of the coming plagues, not the charlatans pretending to speak for God. The faithful witnesses who actually speak the word of God by quoting His word "as His Messengers." So yes, we are aware that the Bible speaks and has spoken, of the plagues coming upon us. But, like the people of physical Egypt of years ago, the people's hearts are hardened. Just as the false TV preachers today with their tricks and sleight of hand, the magicians of Egypt did false signs and with their enchantments and the people's heart was hardened.

...as saith the preacher, there is nothing new under the sun.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
>>>
A lot of Christians believe that this is a plague brought by god Apostolic.
<<<

Since God is GOD, supreme and preeminent, and nothing either good or evil happens that he doesn't allow (Job 2:10), indeed God ultimately allows this plague by His own goodwill and for His own sovereign purposes. God allows Cancer, Deaths, Famine, Murders, Earthquakes, and Floods. Since He could very easily stop anyone of those things from happening. That doesn't equate to God coming down from the mountain to have a miraculous conversation with a Televangelist or Evangelical.  The two are unrelated.

>>>
It may be a precursor to the pretribulation rapture.
<<<

There is no pretribulation rapture. That is a doctrine that is found nowhere in the prophecy of God's word, it is an extrabiblical idea that has been promulgated in some churches. Something the Lord has not said, and that His word teaches against.

If you (or anyone) are really interested in researching the question, Here are a few articles that may help you understand there is no pretribulation rapture.

http://mountainretreatorg.net/searchit/searchit.cgi?Pretribulation%20Rapture

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 05:12:04 PM »
I agree that we should. And "that" prophecy we should be more attuned to is the declaration of the word of God directly from the unadulterated Bible alone.

Why are you always so dogmatic with your comments. You act as if yours is the absolute truth and everything anyone else says is just wrong When I heard about this virus, the first thing I thought about was biblical prophecy. But I'm supposed to just believe you?

Mark

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »
When I heard about this virus, the first thing I thought about was biblical prophecy. But I'm supposed to just believe you?

And that is what is called Eisegesis the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text like when God’s word mentions a plague therefore that equals Ebola or Covid-19 depending on context of what’s happening in the world at the time. You see you can read anything into scripture that way and it may sound right if our eyes on this world. For example the church could of thought the same way when the Spanish flu went pandemic back in 1919 but that is not what the plagues of God are.
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »
There is no pretribulation rapture. That is a doctrine that is found nowhere in the prophecy of God's word, it is an extrabiblical idea that has been promulgated in some churches. Something the Lord has not said, and that His word teaches against.

If you (or anyone) are really interested in researching the question, Here are a few articles that may help you understand there is no pretribulation rapture.

http://mountainretreatorg.net/searchit/searchit.cgi?Pretribulation%20Rapture

"nosce te ipsum"

So good to have a place where we can search out biblical teachings based on what the bible actually says rather than this nonsense of the TV preachers.

Sojourner

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 01:52:35 AM »
Revelation 11:6-8
  • "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
  • And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
  • And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."

The faithful witnesses who have the power that it doesn't rain, and that the water is turned to blood, and to smite the earth with plagues, are the faithful witnesses who come in the Power of the Holy Spirit in the truth of God's word. It is "these" witnesses who have prophesied of the coming plagues, not the charlatans pretending to speak for God.

&TY  )iagree(  And in a sense it is the witnesses who bring these judgments because they testified or prophesied of god's word of his wrath upon them? This is how I would understand the two prophets turning water to blood and shutting them off from rain from heaven. Correct?

The faithful witnesses who actually speak the word of God by quoting His word "as His Messengers." So yes, we are aware that the Bible speaks and has spoken, of the plagues coming upon us. But, like the people of physical Egypt of years ago, the people's hearts are hardened. Just as the false TV preachers today with their tricks and sleight of hand, the magicians of Egypt did false signs and with their enchantments and the people's heart was hardened.

...as saith the preacher, there is nothing new under the sun.

Very interesting. And as the people's hearts were hardened and they went along being convinced by the magicians, so many in spiritual Egypt go along with the imposters and the fraud's invalid tricks today. I am also struck by the way the plague of darkness is also relevant to the plagues of Egypt today as well. Don't you think?

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 07:03:09 AM »
 )iagree(  )GoodPopst(
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]