[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Are Christians Giving Christians A Bad Name?  (Read 556 times)

Kevin Madson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Are Christians Giving Christians A Bad Name?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 03:25:49 PM »

The stock answer would be to say no. Christians can't give other Christians a bad name. But in reality, they do ruin the reputation of Christians in general. If you see Christians always acting badly, you can't help but think that is the way of Christianity. So I think they do give the church a bad name.

The bible says choose someone of good reputation to lead the church. It also says don't even give the appearance of evil. Doesn't that tell you our reputation is important?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Are Christians Giving Christians A Bad Name?
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 12:28:41 PM »

Some are giving Christians a bad name. Mainly the puritans, baptists, reformed and other hypocrites who think the law replaces grace.

Isaiah 30:8-11
8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

What says God to this rebellious congregation.

What does this rebellious people have to do with what I said about the puritans, baptists, reformed, and other hypocrites who think that the law replaces grace? The law doesn't replace grace and saying so does not make anyone a rebellious people.

Romans 6:14 (TLB)
"Sin need never again be your master,[a] for now you are no longer tied to the law where sin enslaves you, but you are free under Godís favor and mercy."

Law cannot replace grace and those who think it does are hypocrites.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]