[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The False Prophets Of This New Era  (Read 291 times)

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
The False Prophets Of This New Era
« on: April 21, 2020, 08:25:47 PM »

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
Re: The False Prophets Of This New Era
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 11:41:30 AM »
Do you believe that people get what they deserve? I mean other than the predestinated? Have these people who follow these preachers sown the wind and will reap the whirlwind? I'm not placing myself above them, just saying from a practical matter that they are being judged for what they themselves wanted. Do you think that is a correct assessment?
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 04:29:59 AM »
Have these people who follow these preachers sown the wind and will reap the whirlwind?

Have you no concept of love?

Romans 12:10  (NLT)
"Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other."

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »

Have these people who follow these preachers sown the wind and will reap the whirlwind?

Have you no concept of love?
    <<<

Of course we do. Real love, not sentiment, emotions, or infatuations. Our commiserations are for the sinners that hunger and thirst after righteousness, and that need to know the love of Christ in regeneration. We love our neighbor as ourselves "so that" we desire for them the same gift that God has given us.

1t John 5:3-4
    • For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    • For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

We have the "right" concept of love, rather than the worldly concept that some professing Christians have picked up. Our concept is to tell the truth about the sharp two-edged sword of God that cuts coming and going. That sword is the unadulterated, unsheathed, word of God concerning those who do not keep or guard from Loss His laws. I would have loved for someone to warn me of the sword coming upon the land if I were going to be under judgment of it. Not to refrain from warning them because the truth is hard, or because it might hurt their feelings or worldly sensibilities. No matter what you might believe, warnings are meant to save, not to harm.

Ezekiel 33:2-7
    • "Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman:
    • If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
    • Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.
    • He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.
    • But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.
    • So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me."

Have you heard the warnings sound of the seven messengers of the church with the seven trumpets? They sound in revelation that God's people know that the end is at hand and a sword is upon the land? You should hear it because it's a distinct sound that only those attuned will pay any mind to take warning.  What then will you answer to this illustration from God in Ezekiel? Will you retort, "have you no concept of love" that you would arn of a coming desolation? That's not God's concept of love. The warning the watchman makes is the result of true love and has nothing to do with any misplaced idea of being cruel, judgmental, or heartless as you surmise. The judgment is God's.

>>>
    Romans 12:10  (NLT)
    "Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other."

Romans 12:10
    • "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;"

The way we show fraternal love towards our fellow Christians is by being honorable in telling them the truth--not in being deceitful by hiding the Lord;'s words in a misguided effort to shield them from the sharp blade of it. Do you know why God singles the Bereans as being more honorable or noble than others in Berea? Because they were honest in that they sought out the truth of what was being said in the Scriptures, "rather" than sticking their heads in the sand and parroting the old religious line about Christians being heretics. Paul showed true kindly affection to them not by allowing them to continue on in their "false" beliefs of Judaism, but in correcting their erroneous teachings directing them to the actual scriptures, rather than religious rhetoric and tradition. Thus as a Watchman, his warning resulted in many of them turning from their error and being saved. John the Baptist was a watchman, turning hearts to their fathers. A lesson for us all. One person's unrequited love is another person's uncalled for judgments and bias against sinners. Repent, for the end is at hand is not the ravings of a sign-bearing excentric on the city streets, it is the word of the living God. John the baptist knew that, why don't you?

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
    Tony Warren
    "i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]