[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Do All Religions Lead To The Same God?  (Read 1572 times)

Bunyan

• Luke 8:24
Re: Do All Religions Lead To The Same God?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2019, 07:22:57 AM »

Mark, we know about liars. But you never answered Dan's question. Who says these people are unbelievers?

God does. He says it when he told you that no other religion leads to Godbyt the Christ religion. You simply don't want to accept what he says.

We donít win people to Christ,

Phil 3:8
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

That I may Win Christ
Phil. 3:8
by Don Bell
That I may Win Christ

What does it mean to WIN CHRIST? It doesn't mean that we can win His favor, or win His blessings by some act that we do, nor does it mean that we can win His special attention and get Him to do something special for us because we have done something to receive special treatment from Him. That can't possibly be what it means; for that is earning not winning Christ. You may say, "Well, preacher, if it doesn't mean these things, what does it mean?"

When the apostle talked about his desire to WIN CHRIST, I believe he meant mainly one thing. It was that Christ Himself was the prize; Christ Himself was the goal for him. Christ became all in all. In the light of our Lord's glorious Person and His accomplished redemption, Paul counted everything else but dung and rubbish; willing to lose all, his own ambition, opportunities and attainments in the world. He counted anything that would detract from Christ's glory, that would hinder his conformity to His Lord as loss.

Our Lord Jesus Himself said it like this, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever will lose his life for My sake and the gospel's the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:35-36).

"If you don't count all loss for Christ in this world, it will be your eternal loss."
"The law says, 'do this,' and it is never done. Grace
says, 'believe in this,' and everything is already done
."
- Martin Luther

Lower

• Higgaion ሂጋዮን
  • putting on the breastplate of FAITH and LOVE
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »

Mark, we know about liars. But you never answered Dan's question. Who says these people are unbelievers?  How do you know A Morman, A Catholic or even Ghandi was not a believer?

We donít win people to Christ,

Phil 3:8
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Your reference verse does not support the idea of winning people to Christ/God. As the commentary copied by Bunyan above illustrates the "I" may win Christ is speaking of Christ as the ultimate prize that Paul is made to look forward to after his conversion and through all that "I" have suffered the loss of all things - putting himself as good example for believers to persevere in this life, endure this world, for the sake of Christ and His gospel - until the end!

On the other hand, the answer from Mark was on winning people to Christ where he said we don't win people to Christ ... That's true because it is the Spirit of God that wins people to Christ. The "unsaved" people come to Christ as they are drawn by God to be saved in Christ.

Psa 2:8  Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Only after they are saved by the Name do they become called "believers". Why are you debating then if that is the only way people become "believers"? Would you still let yourself go to another gospel? One that denies Christ Jesus is the only way to God?

Wait a minute guys! I see contradiction of ideas within the statement of your position on the issue ...
እግዚኣብሄር ኣቦ ብወዱ ብጐይታ ክርስቶስ የሱስ ዓብዪ ግብሪ ምድሓን ገይሩልና ። ክብርን ምስጋናን ፡ ብስም ክርስቶስ የሱስ ንዕኡ ይኹኖ ። ኣሜን ።

ናይ ዘልኣለም ህይወት ፣ ብናይ ኣምላኽና ዘልኣለማዊ ጸጋ ። ንሱ ርእሲ ኹሉ ኮይኑ ፣ ንዘልኣለም ይነግስ ።

Lower

• Higgaion ሂጋዮን
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »

Who says they are unbelievers?  You are making an assumption. And if you don't fellowship with them, how are you to win them to Christ. Long Distance?
Emphases are mine, Lower!

If you claim they are yet to be brought to Christ, aren't they "unbelievers"?

What does to win men and women to Christ mean according to your understanding? Do you Premillennialists have different definition of the word "believers" than is described in the Bible (cf. Joh 14:1, Zec 13:9, Rev 14:12)? In whom did you say they believe? If they are without Christ, if they don't believe in Christ, how can they be considered believers? According to whose rule?

I agree with Mark about being careful not to mix ourselves with "unbelievers" (i.e. separate from those followers of other gods and also from those believers in atheism). You don't fellowship with them because God commanded not to:

2Co 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Mal 3:16  Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
Mal 3:17  And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joh 20:17  Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
እግዚኣብሄር ኣቦ ብወዱ ብጐይታ ክርስቶስ የሱስ ዓብዪ ግብሪ ምድሓን ገይሩልና ። ክብርን ምስጋናን ፡ ብስም ክርስቶስ የሱስ ንዕኡ ይኹኖ ። ኣሜን ።

Lower

• Higgaion ሂጋዮን
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »

... How do you know Premillennialists don't preach the truth? ... Far be it from me to claim anyone in another country cannot come to God.

Scratched my hair, ... Last time I heard ... Weren't Premils the ones who claim God loves only people of a certain country, and always had ways to fight against the gospel sent to all nations without distinction of race, color, or men or women, nationality or language?

Your friends are unhappy when they found out God build again the tabernacle of David (i.e. the Body of Christ), in that He did fulfill all the promises He had made to OT fathers. May the Lord open their eyes to see the glorious work of extending His salvation to the utmost part of the earth, established eternal covenant so untouchable by men.

Act 15:13  And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14  Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15  And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16  After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17  That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom "my name" is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Act 15:18  Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

I'm not that arrogant.

Would to God that is the case with the opponents of truth few of them we even have in this forum. And they are with you on holding to their Dispensational-Premil-doctrines that goes contrary to God's purpose and plan of salvation. They are not happy with God extending His salvation to the four corners of the Earth; ... So does God towards people who raise their head against Him.

1Th 2:15  Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: 
1Th 2:16  Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost. 

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »

Has anyone answered the question what about those who have never heard the Gospel?  I don't think so.

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 08:13:25 PM »

Has anyone answered the question what about those who have never heard the Gospel?  I don't think so.

Rom 9:15,16
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Betty, only the elect of God have mercy/grace bestowed on them, everyone else will have to pay for their sins on the last day. Which means if they are a vessels of honour they receive Christ reward everything is inconsequential.

Rom 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 07:47:54 AM »

Rom 9:15,16
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Betty, only the elect of God have mercy/grace bestowed on them,

Mark, First thank you for answering my question which so many others just ignore. But I have to ask, so you are confirming that all those who have never heard the gospel are just out of luck? They don't even have a chance at salvation simply because they live in an area where there is no gospel?

everyone else will have to pay for their sins on the last day.

I understand that's what is taught, but since everyone sins, how is it fair that some are pardoned while others have no opportunity?

Which means if they are a vessels of honour they receive Christ reward everything is inconsequential.

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

How are they a vessel of honor if they sin just like the vessels of dishonor?

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 01:58:08 PM »
On the other hand, the answer from Mark was on winning people to Christ where he said we don't win people to Christ .

Lower. Why does Paul say we run the race if not to win Do we run the race for a participation throphy?

"If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them." Romans 11:14

Can you address the questions? Do we save some or no?

Only after they are saved by the Name do they become called "believers".

Then why do some believers fall away? Were they not believers and not saved?

"They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away." Luke 8:13

Is that what the Bible says?

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »

Mark, First thank you for answering my question which so many others just ignore. But I have to ask, so you are confirming that all those who have never heard the gospel are just out of luck? They don't even have a chance at salvation simply because they live in an area where there is no gospel?
For all the Father has chosen to be conformed to the image of the Son will be justified and glorified as is written in scripture. Not about luck but Godís sovereign right to choose whomever he wills, not mans.

John 1:12,13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I understand that's what is taught, but since everyone sins, how is it fair that some are pardoned while others have no opportunity?

Everyone does sin so itís a righteous thing God punishes man for it, as is written For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom 6:23)

Which means if they are a vessels of honour they receive Christ reward everything is inconsequential.

How are they a vessel of honor if they sin just like the vessels of dishonor?

They (elect) are vessels of honour because they have been clothed with Christ righteousness which is the a unmerited gift of God or as we say Grace.
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Jenny

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2019, 07:42:59 AM »
Thank you all for your very helpful posts on this subject. I didn't believe what I heard but I thought that it was strange to hear some Christians I talked to say that doctrine isn't really essential and that all religions lead to God. That sounded really unbiblical but I needed some points to make and you gave me great answers. Particularly on the idea that whatever name people call him, it's the same God. That can't be true if our God condemns other gods and says there is only one God. I should have thought of that myself. I may have other questions but wanted to say thanks for your input.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2019, 08:57:17 AM »

Doctrine might be important, but it's not essential.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]