[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Do All Religions Lead To The Same God?  (Read 1573 times)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
Re: Do All Religions Lead To The Same God?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 08:12:58 PM »
I believe that Catholics, Monks, Muslims,  Mormons, and other religious bodies do worship the same god. Some just call him by a different name.

Is this really a belief in the Christian church, or just a few fringe ideas from a member or two?

Anne

• Grow With God
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 05:28:03 AM »

Well Diane, it certainly is getting a lot of play in some areas of the church. I found it hard to believe that 64% of Christians agreed that God accepts the worship of those in other religions. My Bible says God won't hear their prayers. So I don't get it.

https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/21-UK-Christians-disagree-that-Jesus-is-only-way-to-salvation

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 08:28:33 AM »
>>>
while being in a false religion might facilitate someone's understanding that there is a God (Romans 1:20) that controls the universe, that doesn't equate to them serving that God.

How do you know?
<<<

Because "the word" is knowledge. I daily read the Scriptures that proclaim in a hundred different ways what serving the Lord entails. It "defines" who the Israel of God is, what the Spirit of truth will and will not confirm, how many gods lead to Jehovah, and how many names the Kingdom can be accessed through. According to "my God," it's not through Budah, Adonis, the Hindu Vishnu, Muhamad, Confucious, Balaam, or any other. According to "Jehovah God," the God of my religion,  there is only one God and one name by which man can access that God, and that is Christ. People in "my" Religion who believe this are called Christians. To be sure, there are a myriad of people who call themselves Christian who do not believe, but according to the word of my God, "this is how we know." God says so and says so unambiguously.

Isaiah 44:6
  • "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

That's the thing about "true" belief. It is what "true" Christians have in the absolute authority of the word of our God over those of faith/belief.  He not only tells us that there can be other gods, but that therefore there can be none other names where anyone can be saved but Jesus Christ. He is the only propitiation for sin that can deliver. i.e., the only way to God. That's how Christians know.

>>>
How do you know Premillennialists don't preach the truth?
<<<

Because Christ (The living WORD of God) is knowledge (2nd Corinthians 4:6) and knowledge is power. So I do as the honest/noble Bereans did, I search the Scriptures, comparing Scripture with Scripture, against the words of the Premillennarians, and I see if they are in harmony with God's word. That's how I know, and it's really not that difficult. It's the "only" way to see what is true to God's word and what is a false private interpretation of it. No teacher can tell you what God says, God's word itself is the arbiter of that, and His Spirit convinces you to receive "that" truth as opposed to man's presumptions.

Acts 17:11-12
  • "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
  • Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few."

In other words, the Bereans were a lot more Spirit-filled so as to be honest with themselves where they didn't just blindly accept what the Jewish leaders taught them, but searched the Scriptures "continually" for themselves and "therefore" many belied. Many came to faith "because" they daily/continually compared the word of God in the Scriptures, with the words of their religious teachers, and they saw the discrepancies of their teachers and the harmony of the Apostle Paul's words with Scripture. Therefore, or that is why they believed.

Romans 10:16-17
  • "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
  • So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Their faith came by hearing the word of the Scripture through the Spirit that reveals its truth to the elect. Likewise, "this" is how I know Premillennarians (in general) don't preach the truth of God's word concerning the kingdom and reign, and "this" is why I have no fear of error in bearing witness to it. Not because I am arrogant, smarter, or more learned than anyone else, but because "The Word" is clear on the issue.

>>>
You are not God to know these things where you are inerrant.
<<<

Correct. But "my" absolute authority is. #1. God's word is inerrant. #2. I testify to God's word, not my own. #3. As long as I don't add or take away from God's inerrant testimony, that word of truth is still inerrant. No matter who testifies to it. If you disagree, your argument is not with me, but with the word I bear witness to.

Psalms 12:6
  • "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."

Blessed are those who keep them, but also woe unto those who trample them underfoot as if they were dirt. The only way I could be wrong about what God, Christ and the Scriptures say about the nature of the kingdom, reign and Israel, is if the Scriptures I point to don't say exactly what I claim/testify they say.

>>>
Why don't you show some positivity about the churches rather than always condemning the church all the time.
<<<

Well, for one thing:

"Constant positivity is a form of avoidance."

I can avoid the problem, or I can bear witness to the truth of God's word concerning the problem--a problem that has existed in God's congregation long before the first advent, the seven churches, and before the testimony of its problems were written "for our learning" concerning them. Did the prophets of ol;d ignore problems in God's congregation? Not unless they were coming under judgment. The real problem is, no one is reading the Bible anymore. Because they're listening to others manipulate the bible and interpret its words according to their own will. If you want constant positivity for God's congregation, then you must not "ever" read the Bible!

Jeremiah 23:12-13
  • "Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the LORD.
  • And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err."

That was written for our learning, and so I ask, "who is causing God's people to err today?" How's that verse a little constant positivity to God's people? Should the prophet not have testified to this? Should those witnessing remain silent concerning such things for the sake of false positivity? Should someone have told the prophet, "Why don't you show some positivity about Israel rather than always condemning her all the time?"  ...I think not. I will repeat Scripture that if the people of God's house had done good, would they have not received praise? Sure they would. But they didn't, they caused God's people Israel to err and that is why they were witnessed against, and that is why God's judgment came upon "His People."  ...as well it should have.

>>>
That's why you are always being criticized.
<<<

Boo Hoo. Should I rent my clothes and cry about criticism--or, as a true Christian, should I expect this? It's not like its a mystery. I am as a worm compared to Christ and they abandoned and killed that perfect preacher for saying they had to eat his flesh, the leaders of God's house were hypocrites, and that He was king. Should I then expect praise for saying there is only one way to the kingdom?  If I did, I'd be a fool.

Matthew 5:11-12
  • "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
  • Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

The only teachers who expect praise for their testimonies are the false ones. As I've said here many times, I would truly start to actually worry if all those here started to speak glowingly of me, or praise my doctrines and all say nice things about my witness of the word. Then I would have to reexamine to make sure that I was not worldly, or not faithfully preaching the truth "from" the Bible. Did any of Christ's disciples receive glowing praise for their teaching? The history of the church is filled with crucifictions, killings, persecutions, revilings and martyrs,

Luke 6:26
  • "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."

Why does Christ say this? Any ideas? There is a divine message there for all Christians concerning great and popular Christians and faithful Christians. I've got news for you, the "truth:" is never popular. That is a given because b]anyone[/b] not truly saved is at enmity with it. God's unadulterated word is at enmity with most people, and that includes many within the church who want to do their own will rather than follow God's testimony. It is an absolute truth that:

2nd Timothy 3:12
  • "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

Criticism doesn't change my faith/beliefs in order that I conform to the world's views of the nicities of the church. The moral of the story is, if you don't want to be critisized, don't become a Christian. The old adage applies:

"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing."

You know, ...like most "professing" Christians who wouldn't know the great commission if it was laid in their laps by a messenger of God. Criticism I expect (1st Corinthians 4:12-13). If my underlying wish was for peace in this adversarial world, I sure wouldn't be a Christian. A false Christian maybe, but not a true one. If in Christ I couldn't handle criticism, I couldn't preach the true gospel. Yes, I could teach a watered-down version maybe, a socialized version maybe, or a politically correct version, but not the truth. Those who listen "know" that we've been told by the Lord many times to expect criticism, reviling, even persecution, IF we hold to the truth of His word. There's no peace in the world for true Christians, only a sword. Our peace is not with, nor in the world, it is in Christ. So they can criticize away because His grace is sufficient for me.

John 14:27
  • "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 16:33
  • "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

>>>
Because you seem more opposed to the church than a supporter of it.
<<<

I'm a supporter of the one true indivisible and spirit-filled church, but I'm absolutely opposed to churches full of modern-day Scribes and Pharisees teaching a false peace that cannot help anyone, and that keeps those who would be helped from hearing the truth. I'm not going to give any quarter to them at all, as a true follower of Christ I'll say of them exactly what our Lord said of them.

Matthew 23:13
  • "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."

Despite the ramblings of some theologians and ministers, a false church or god is not a conduit for the Kingdom of Heaven in any sense. On the contrary, it is a "bulwark" against it. That means "any" false church and any name that is not Christ.

Acts 4:12
  • "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

How would we think that there would be some in false churches that would enter the kingdom when there are "many" in God's church itself who God's word says will not enter in. In Revelation 2 and 3 they are warned specifically on this. The "Constant Positivity" God gives is "Repent, or Else!" Cool waters to the thirsty souls, but hot coals of fire on the heads of the obstinant souls. How can I do less than bear witness to this truth?

>>>
Far be it from me to claim anyone in another country cannot come to God.
<<<

Far be it for me to claim that also, and I've never claimed that. On the contrary, I've always supported the truth that anyone from any people, race, tribe, area, or nation can be in Christ (Acts 10:34-35), for Christ is no respecter of persons. People from all countries can come to God through the name of Christ.

Colossians 3:11
  • "Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all."

A person from any country can be a Christian. But those deceived of false christs, religions and gods, cannot. At least not without repentance. Therefore the wrath of God abides upon them. Those aren't my personal opinions, they are the doctrines directly from the word of God.

James 1:26-27
  • "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
  • Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

If all religions led to God, all religions would be praised of God, not condemned in the strongest of terms all throughout the Bible.

>>>
I'm not that arrogant.
<<<

Good, because the true Christian is not arrogant, he is humbled in his station in this world.

arrogance
ar∑ro∑gance | \ 'er-e-gance
1. having conceit; 2. an attitude of superiority manifested in
presumptuous claims or assumptions; 3. having an overabundance
of self-confidence in oneself. 4. exaggerating one's own worth
or importance; 5. showing an offensive attitude of superiority;
that proceeding from or characterized by pretentiousness; 6. the
quality of being unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are
more important than, or know more than other people.

I can safely say that I know more than exactly "no one." I consider my worth as being exactly what God says of me. That I am wretched, and without Christ, I am worthless in the big scheme of things. I have no self-confidence of my own, my confidence is in the Spirit and the word of the living God, who sustains me and is my ground of faith. My evaluation of myself is the same as the Apostle Paul.

Romans 7:23-25
  • "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
  • O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
  • I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

Like the humble apostle, I think God that Jesus Christ is my justification, my strength, and my only Hope. Because if it depended upon me, I would end up exactly where the unsaved end up. So then, I have nothing to be arrogant or self-confident about. My confidence is in the faithfulness of Christ, not my own.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 09:47:29 AM »
 &TY   )preach_(

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 10:07:23 AM »
Because "the word" is knowledge. I daily read the Scriptures that proclaim in a hundred different ways what serving the Lord entails. It "defines" who the Israel of God is, what the Spirit of truth will and will not confirm, how many gods lead to Jehovah, and how many names the Kingdom can be accessed through.

Well said Brother!  ]ThUmBsUp[ 
      People are forever attempting to make accommodations for everyone according to their own will, and Election doesn't work like that.

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »

You know, ...like most "professing" Christians who wouldn't know the great commission if it was laid in their laps by a messenger of God.

)amen(
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 11:45:13 AM »
More Tony, less Dan!  )L-candle(

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 11:19:52 PM »
2 Cor 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Itís a rhetorical question and the answer is there isnít to be any communion.
It is written:

Eph 4:4-6
4 There  is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Again
Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 

Woe be to anyone not receiving Godí word and keeping it.

John 12:48
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 07:53:17 AM »

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:

Who says they are unbelievers?  You are making an assumption. And if you don't fellowship with them, how are you to win them to Christ. Long Distance?

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2019, 07:56:00 AM »
>>>
while being in a false religion might facilitate someone's understanding that there is a God (Romans 1:20) that controls the universe, that doesn't equate to them serving that God.

How do you know?
<<<

Because "the word" is knowledge.

The word is knowledge but Drew is right when he asks how do you know? Do you think our word is less than your word? We have a bible too. It all depends on how you interpret it. By liberal means or by conservative means. Literal or spiritual.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2019, 10:59:41 AM »
The word is knowledge but Drew is right when he asks how do you know?

Obviously you neither read or receive what Tony Warren wrote. Where is your SCRIPTURE PROOF that Drew is right? Hello?

Do you think our word is less than your word? We have a bible too.

Oh, you have the Bible? Well.... have you actually used it here?  Look at your 299 posts made here so far, how many posts have you actually quoted with Sripture and explain it according to God's Word yourself, humm?

It all depends on how you interpret it.

Wrong. Its how you compare Scripture with Scripture to find God's interpretation.  Not you. Not us.

By liberal means or by conservative means.

The Bible isn't political. It is pure God's Word. Nothing to do with liberal or conservative which is man-made.

Literal or spiritual.

Haven't you learn anything here? The real question for you is, will we let God decide what is literal and what is not literal, or do we arbitrarily make up our own rules of interpretation? Is the Bible its own interpreter, or are we the final judge? How will we know whether it is literal or spiritual? Well, wasn't you who claimed that you have the Bible? Well, Look for it in the Scripture and quote it with us then, can you? Well, based on your 299 posts here, doubtfully!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »

Who says they are unbelievers? 
What does God say about this?

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

You are making an assumption. And if you don't fellowship with them, how are you to win them to Christ. Long Distance?

We donít win people to Christ, we witness/testify faithfully Godís word and his Spirit does the rest. You donít actually believe we go and fellowship in a Mormon or Catholic Church to convince someone into the kingdom do you? God himself draws his sheep out of an apostate place.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 07:34:51 AM »
I daily read the Scriptures that proclaim in a hundred different ways what serving the Lord entails.

Does it entail condemning Premillennialism? I don't see that. I see you condemning it, not the scriptures.

how many gods lead to Jehovah,

I'm not saying other gods lead to Jehovah, I'm saying people in another religion might find god there and then later come to truth.

To be sure, there are a myriad of people who call themselves Christian who do not believe

There you go again talking as if we're not Christians because we don't believe like you. The bible doesn't say that.

Isaiah 44:6
  • "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

And we all agree. But what about the millions of people in Japan? Are they all not helped because they live in that area of the world, or may God save them despite the fact they don't have a bible?

I do as the honest/noble Bereans did, I search the Scriptures, comparing Scripture with Scripture, against the words of the Premillennarians, and I see if they are in harmony with God's word.

And we search the scriptures against the words of the Amillennialists and I see they are not in harmony with the bible.

In other words, the Bereans were a lot more Spirit-filled so as to be honest with themselves where they didn't just blindly accept what the Jewish leaders taught them,

And where is Berea now? It's wiped off the face of the earth, the city now Veria. Bereans don't say what is truth, God does.

Likewise, "this" is how I know Premillennarians (in general) don't preach the truth of God's word concerning the kingdom and reign, and "this" is why I have no fear of error in bearing witness to it.  Not because I am arrogant, smarter, or more learned than anyone else, but because "The Word" is clear on the issue.  Not because I am arrogant, smarter, or more learned than anyone else, but because "The Word" is clear on the issue.

Well, you should fear because He protects his chosen people..

But "my" absolute authority is. #1. God's word is inerrant. #2. I testify to God's word, not my own. #3. As long as I don't add or take away from God's inerrant testimony, that word of truth is still inerrant. No matter who testifies to it. If you disagree, your argument is not with me, but with the word I bear witness to.

I disagree with your attempts to make the church Israel.

"Constant positivity is a form of avoidance."

You don't think Christ's church is a positive?

I ask, "who is causing God's people to err today?"

You?

Boo Hoo. Should I rent my clothes and cry about criticism

If everyone criticizes you, then chances are you are wrong.

Did any of Christ's disciples receive glowing praise for their teaching?

But you are hardly one of Christ's 12 Disciples, are you?

So you preach in order to be criticized?

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2019, 07:39:34 AM »

Who says they are unbelievers? 
What does God say about this?

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Mark, we know about liars. But you never answered Dan's question. Who says these people are unbelievers?  How do you know A Morman, A Catholic or even Ghandi was not a believer?

We donít win people to Christ,

Phil 3:8
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »
Mark, we know about liars. But you never answered Dan's question. Who says these people are unbelievers?  How do you know A Morman, A Catholic or even Ghandi was not a believer?

Because they stayed in that religion which was false, God is a Spirit of Truth not falsehood. Of course his chosen may have started off in one of those churches but God by his grace pulls us out of those dark places into his light.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]