[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Where are the Self-Righteous, Bible-Thumping, Hypocritical Republicans?  (Read 2681 times)

Brian

Re: Where are the Self-Righteous, Bible-Thumping, Hypocritical Republicans?
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2020, 05:19:28 AM »

Philly, That one should be Required Reading or Viewing.  Excellent and intelligent description of what went wrong with the Republican Party. Kudos to you for posting it.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
The Propriety of Republican Rigged Elections
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2020, 04:46:33 PM »
The Propriety of Republican Rigged Elections

Primary Was Reckless, Irresponsible To Public Health

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Where are the Self-Righteous, Bible-Thumping, Hypocritical Republicans?
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2020, 12:48:43 AM »
Trump Lackey Matt Gaetz Gets Shown To Be A Hypocrite In On Air Interview

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Self-Righteous, Hypocritical Republicans At It Again
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2020, 12:41:39 AM »
An Autocratic Trump Will Not Allow Democratic Controlled House To Interview Dr, Fauci

Because of Time, But Has No Problem Allowing Republican Controlled Senate To Interview Him

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Don Lemon to Trump: What Is It About

Obama That Gets Under Your Skin?

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Trump Pressed Repeatedly On Ending Task Force As COVID Cases Surge, Not Decline

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Cooper: Trump's Lies About Testing Is Not, And Has Never Been True

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
President Donald Trump Finally Succeeds In Corrupting DOJ, U.S. Intelligence

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
The Cowardly Republican Silence On Trump

This Is The Danger Of Trump's War On Accountability

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Congressman Loses It On Republican Hypocrits
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2020, 01:07:00 AM »
Congressman Loses It On Hypocritical Republicans Who

Say We “Can’t Afford” Relief In Viral Speech

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Republicans Are Enabling An Unstable Trump

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Fox Judge Shuts Down Trump For Threats Against Twitter
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2020, 02:03:51 AM »
Fox Judge Shuts Down Trump Over Threats Against Twitter For Daring To

Tell The Truth That His Tweets Are Lies By Fact-Checking Him

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"

Fox Judge Shuts Down Trump Over Threats Against Twitter For Daring To Tell The Truth That His Tweets Are Lies By Fact-Checking Him

Now Trump is upset because someone dares to not only call out his lies but actually show proof that they are not in the least bit true. Well, that figures doesn't it? Trump demands the ability to lie to the American people unencumbered and threatens anyone who would correct him. Great guy for Christians to be supporting as upholding Christian values  )Banging-Head(

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Quote from: Melanie
Now Trump is upset because someone dares to not only call out his lies but actually show proof that they are not in the least bit true. Well, that figures doesn't it? Trump demands the ability to lie to the American people unencumbered and threatens anyone who would correct him. Great guy for Christians to be supporting as upholding Christian values

I said the same thing to my father about Trump.  I started the conversation about Trump's threats to social media because he was upset about his message being flagged as misleading.  Seems that my father still supports Trump regardless that I will share our convesation and judge for yourself:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad: "I can live with his ego but babies can't live with Bidens ideology"

Erik: "Why are you bringing up babies here? We are not discussing Biden but Trump's behavior.  So are you saying that you can live with Trump's lies? You can live with Trump's disrespecftul toward women? You can live with Trump's pesonal attack, insulting or firing anyone who disagree with him? You can live with Trump's false claims as president? Now you can live with Trump's threat to regulate or shut down social platform just becasue Twitter flagged his message as misleading?"

Dad: "Baby lives are more important than the behavior you list. If I don't vote against Biden, then I am more guilty than what you say Trump does! What is the greater evil? Trump's misbehavior or the murder of innocent babies?"

Erik: "Dad, the abortions will still go on regardless of who is the president because of established laws. The abortion fight is only Trump's talking point to keep his base excited but what can he actually do to stop abortion anyway? Beside, all sins are equally bad to God"

Dad: "To God yes, but for me as a human, babies are more important than lies, disrespect, etc. and that is what will determine my vote. It is a done deal unless Trump changes his mind about abortion. His fight will go a long way as long as he keeps appointing anti-abortion judges and influencing Congress. Must u ndo what Obama did. A president can effect a lot of things."

Erik: "Have you ever considered that there are many Christian woman having abortions TODAY and they still vote for Trump for the sake of "Christianity view" in politics? Trump's point talk on abortion is really pointless - he, himself, is obviously not Christian based on what he did or said.  The only way to stop abortion in this nation is to have Congress to make Roth and wade null and void and pass a new law making abortion illegal.  Presdient Trump won't be able to really stop abortion himself by appointing judges to court where they must observe the established law"

Dad: "Want stop me for fighting against abortion"

Erik: "The best way for you to help fight abortion to go out and talk with someone who is thinking about ending her pregenant. We have a great commission to witness about Christ on all things, not voting booth. We are not representing the nation, but the Kingdom of God."

Dad: "Of course! And a vote for Trump will help! That is one way and then turn around and vote for an abortionist or not. Vote against one would be hypocrisy"

Erik: "I fail to see how voting for Turmp will actually change things for abortions. The politics will not stop murder. The Politics will not stop lies. We do not need to worry about using politics to influence our christian belief but actually witnessing with people."

Dad: "I will and I will vote as I decide! I just do not need to hear all the "anti-Trump" stuff. Since you know you are not going to change my  mind with all the negative texts about Turmp.  What is the point of it? A waste of time! "

Erik: "Since when did I have asked you to vote against Trump. That is not why I am talking with you about. I am warning about where our country is heading with that man in the White House. It is not all about abortion but how he has deceived Christians. It is not my job to change your mind, the Holy Spirit will."

Dad: "Holy Spirit will lead me in a closer relationship with Jesus, not convince me a politician is bad. Believe me, God is going to have who he wants in the presidential office."

Erik: "Do you realize that God has placed a wicked man into power to serve His purpose. Eg. to judge the nation.  There are biblical history like that and I believe this is what is happening to America under Trump.

Dad: silence... end of conversation.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was shocked to hear from my father that believe fighting against abortion is more important than Trump's sins. He did not see anything wrong with Trump's bad tweets, lies, dishonest, attacking, etc. as long as he is fighting abortions, supports Israel, downplay seriousiness of Covid 19, etc.

Spiritual insanity?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
It's called brainwashing. People who think God only cares about abortion and all other sins are minuscule in comparison. Christ already debunked that idea.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]