[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Antonio Brown Drama and NFL view on Christianity  (Read 59 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Antonio Brown Drama and NFL view on Christianity
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »
With all the off-field drama surrounding Antonio Brown which gave the coaches of Pittsburg Steelers, Oakland Raiders, and New England Patriots with alot of headaches, yet the NFL coaches are on record calling Tim Tebow too much of a distraction....

Hummm...
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Brian

Re: Antonio Brown Drama and NFL view on Christianity
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 03:50:15 PM »

Do you think it's because he is a Christian, or because he's just not a good quarterback and they don't want to say he's terrible? He's really not that good. He's been on four teams and they all cut him because he didn't play well.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:14:47 PM »
Do you think it's because he is a Christian, or because he's just not a good quarterback and they don't want to say he's terrible? He's really not that good. He's been on four teams and they all cut him because he didn't play well.

Terrible? Really? No I do not think so...

As a member of the Denver Broncos, Tebow started the last three games of his rookie season (2010) and became the team's full-time starting quarterback beginning in the sixth game of the 2011 season. The Broncos were 14 before he became their starter, but began winning with him on the field. He was famous for coming from behind late in the fourth quarter. With Tebow as the starter, the Broncos won their first AFC West title and also won their first playoff game since 2005, defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in overtime on January 8, 2012.

However, during the 2012 offseason, the Broncos decided to traded Tebow to the New York Jets where he received very little playing time before suffered broken ribs and was released after the 2012 season. Then Tebow later signed with the New England Patriots where he played some preseason games before being cut again.  He signed with the Philadelphia Eagles, and ended up fighting for third string QB position only to play all four games in the preseason with no starts, going 21-of-36 for 286 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception, while rushing for 82 yards and a touchdown, a record better than Matt Barkley for the third string position but Tebow was still cut regardless.  So your
claim that he is not good, to me, is not a fair assessment.  He barely started with NFL and he did have some potential if opporunity given.

But it is within God's will. Tim Tebow still praise God regardless and have served Christ wherever he goes, including baseball...which is good. 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Curtis

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »
He's Ok, borderline, I wouldn't say he is a sure starting NFL quarterback. Maybe a backup though. A lot of teams could use him with the scrub backups they are carrying.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]