[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why are so many Calvinists against Donald Trump?  (Read 632 times)

George

• I'm a llama!
Why are so many Calvinists against Donald Trump?
« on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »

That's my question. Besides for a few good people like aquatic, why are so many Calvinists against President Donald Trump?

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Why are so many Calvinists against Donald Trump?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »

An educated guess, the Bible.  )Bible-Red(

Granny

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:06:25 AM »

The main reason? The Bible  )Bible-Red(

You should read it sometime.  Calvinists do.

glogan

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »
I’m not sure. Anyone is better than Hillary Clinton. She drinks baby blood.

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »

George,
 I hadn’t really spent a lot of time thinking about that question, but after reflecting on your question the answer seems obvious. It is true that a lot of Calvinists are in the ‘Never Trump Movement.’ They don't really take the 'greater evil, lesser evil' type approach because Calvinists ultimately believe in predestination. They accept that God is in charge, no matter how bleak things may seem from the evangelical view of a world-altering perspective. We believe the Bible, and the Reformed position on it that not only is it the ultimate authority and rule of law for Christians, but also we have an infinity for following the truth. With evangelicals, it's more a perspective of only following the truth so long as it's in their best interest.

It is this trust in God's sovereignty that molds and shapes the Calvinist world view, as it really should any Bible-believing Christian. Thus it's easy for us to follow a “Never Trump” position because that's the only view that is Biblical and acceptable since he is such a carbon copy of the Devil in all ways imaginable.

But let's be clear, not all Calvinists are “Never Trump” Christians, and not all "Never Trump" Christians are Calvinists. But it's true that a large portion of us, including the most Biblically outspoken Reformed Christian theologians who argue against Trump, are Calvinists. We do so on the basis of scripture, not Israel, not party, not wild conspiracy theories, not courts or liberal media.

Things That Go Trump in The Church

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Tim Norton

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 04:59:05 PM »
Why are so many Calvinists against Donald Trump?

Because they're Christ-centered, witnesses to truth and bible oriented?  That doesn't leave us much of a choice, does it?

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »

That's my question. Besides for a few good people like aquatic, why are so many Calvinists against President Donald Trump?

A few good Christians like Aquatic? Ha ha!  )smileyBounce(

Yeah, that's why he got banned from a forum that hardly bans anyone. Because he was such a good lawful Christian. If you really want to know why so many Calvinists are against the cult that is Trumpism, here's why.

Donald Trump Is Total Depravity

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-is-total-depravity_b_588eb44ae4b06364bb1e2770

Beside from Calvinists being Bible believers and not just prayer-cloth handlers, that's the reason why. This man is the worst of humanity, and anyone should be ashamed to call themselves Christian and be supporting the likes of him. That link is required reading for you and the rest of your merry band of conspiracy theorists. Christians don't follow evil. Period!

So I don't care what you call yourself, just don't call yourself a follower of Christ and a follower of Trump. None of you. Because that's day and night, light and darkness, goodness and evil, an angel of light and an angel of darkness. It's a despicable comparison.

Trevor

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 11:04:34 AM »

George. You have to understand the biblical mind of Reformed Christians. Real bible believing Christians have morality, principles, and decency. They have values, character, and conviction. They don't bring them out only when it suits their party, they live by them daily. He that is of Christ, shall truly live by him. Their calling card is not hypocrisy, it is integrity. Fake Christians have only their tribal ignorance and their conspiracies to lean upon. We have truth. To quote Michael Horton, one of my favorite authors.

A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]