[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Are Christians "stupid" to believe Trump's lies, or Simply Misguided?  (Read 485 times)

Stephanie

Wow!  )inter(

This is the game that is being played by Trump with our democracy, Christianity and the constitution. I'm shocked that it's even legal to force union workers to be at a Trump rally or forfeit their pay. How is that even legal, that's the question I have. It's unamerican, but Trump gets away with it. Since Trump took office, everything seems to be upside down crazy town. This is stuff you would expect to hear about in China, North Korea, or Russian politics, not the United States of America. Maybe Russia is where he got that idea. How does a man like this have so many Christians backing him is astounding to me.

An interesting question has been posted in one of the threads. Do Christians have to be "stupid" to believe Trump's lies, or are they simply misguided? I'm not looking for name-calling, though I'm sure it sounds like that, I'm just posing what I believe is a legitimate question. Maybe I should have substituted the word gullible. But gullible is too close to misguided.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Are Christians "stupid" to believe Trump's lies, or Simply Misguided?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 03:18:07 AM »
Wow!  )inter(

This is the game that is being played by Trump with our democracy, Christianity and the constitution.

Haven't you heard the latest? Yesterday he announced he wants to actually change the constitution. This is the type mentality we're talking about. He's a fascist who hates America and wants to mold it in his own image. The image of the Beast.

I'm shocked that it's even legal to force union workers to be at a Trump rally or forfeit their pay. How is that even legal, that's the question I have. It's unamerican, but Trump gets away with it.

Everything abnormal is normal for Trump. As the guy said yesterday, he raves like a lunatic and everyone just shrugs. Why? Because it's normal now. He's changed the people's view of normalcy.

An interesting question has been posted in one of the threads. Do Christians have to be "stupid" to believe Trump's lies, or are they simply misguided?

Often misguided is just another word for stupid. So is gullible, naive, unintelligent, ignorant, and foolish. Some people think they sound nicer, but it still means stupid. When any person is dim-witted, he is stupid. The answer to your question is yes, Christians have to be "stupid" to believe Trump's lies. There are a lot of stupid Christians. There were a lot of stupid believers who followed the leaders of the congregation when they crucified Christ. Stupidity in the congregation is no new thing.

I'm not looking for name-calling, though I'm sure it sounds like that, I'm just posing what I believe is a legitimate question. Maybe I should have substituted the word gullible. But gullible is too close to misguided.

And they are all common words for stupid. Easily swayed or deceived.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 02:18:35 AM »

Yes, I'll say it. Stupid!

Bruce

• Faith Overcomes All
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
I'm finally at the point where I can't vote for him. Mainly because he is mentally unstable.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
I think President Trump is better than anybody at making enemies! He has no empathy.  The way he talks about people in his own nation and leaders of other countries. Telling Americans that they have no choice but to vote for him no matter what.  "Chosen One?"  You got to be kidding me! 

Well, again, God appointed Trump as a leader for a reason - - to give those foolish professed Christians what they deserve. Not about supporting national Israel as some Christians believe.  I noticed that more and more Republicans are starting to notice this and say they will not vote for Him again. But it may be too late, because alot of things can happen badly before the next Election.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
I'm shocked that it's even legal to force union workers to be at a Trump rally or forfeit their pay. How is that even legal, that's the question I have. It's unamerican, but Trump gets away with it.

Big deal. So now it's unamerican to be required to meet the President of the United States? It used to be an honor, now you want to make it seem unamerican? How dare you. Christians aren't "stupid" to believe Trump, they are tired of being led by the deep state and lies of the liberal media.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 02:36:55 AM »
Big deal. So now it's unamerican to be required to meet the President of the United States?

Thanks George. So what if they are required.  It's union policy. If they don't like it, sdon't join the union.  ::)

Christians aren't "stupid" to believe Trump, they are tired of being led by the deep state and lies of the liberal media.

The election of Donald Trump is the best thing that has happened to this country in 50 years. The liberals now resort to name calling since they can't deny Christians love our President. This is the worst Christian forum I have seen in years attacking the President because he supports Christian values, the church, Israel and conservatism. The anti-Israel liberal deep state is alive and well and living in the mountain retreat forum. So disturbing.

James Heckman

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 11:50:52 AM »
Peter Wehner
Contributing editor at The Atlantic and senior fellow at EPPC

I recently exchanged emails with a pro-Trump figure who attended the president’s reelection rally in Orlando, Florida. (He spoke to me on the condition of anonymity, so as to avoid personal or professional repercussions.) He had interviewed scores of people, many of them evangelical Christians. “I have never witnessed the kind of Christian excitement and enthusiasm for a political figure in my life,” he told me. “I honestly couldn’t believe the unwavering support he has. And to a person, it was all about ‘the fight.’

The rallygoers, he said, told him that Trump’s era “is spiritually driven.” When I asked whether he meant by this that Trump’s supporters believe God’s hand is on Trump, this moment and at the election—that Donald Trump is God’s man, in effect—he told me, “Yes—a number of people said they believe there is no other way to explain his victories. Starting with the election and continuing with the conclusion of the Mueller report. Many said God has chosen him and is protecting him.”

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »
The rallygoers, he said, told him that Trump’s era “is spiritually driven.” When I asked whether he meant by this that Trump’s supporters believe God’s hand is on Trump, this moment and at the election—that Donald Trump is God’s man, in effect—he told me, “Yes—a number of people said they believe there is no other way to explain his victories. Starting with the election and continuing with the conclusion of the Mueller report. Many said God has chosen him and is protecting him.”

Yes, God's hand is on Trump. Same as it was on Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar, King Herod, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Winston Churchill, Benito Mussolini, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Richard Nixion, Saddam Hussein, George W. Bush, Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, and every other leader of a country. Because God is sovereign. No special divine calling or mission for Trump.

But once again Christians make crazy unsupportable suppositions that don't hold water even on a preliminary basis. Just look at the statements of these people that are completely illogical and foolish. Number one, that they make the ridiculous claim that "there is no other way to explain his victories." That's the most uninformed, inane, vacuous statement I've ever heard in my life. No other way to explain his election? There are a hundred ways to explain it. How about the exasperation in Politicians, simple stupidity or ignorance, frustration in growing liberalism, delusions of grandeur, belief in nationalism, simple misjudgment, tribalism, the Messiah complex, unreasonable expectations, racial divisions, brainwashing, or a hundred other reasons. But the very fact that they believe there is no other way to explain his election but that he has been chosen shows rank ignorance of the many different factors that led to his election. In other words, with God being sovereign, we could all say that about every single President that has ever been elected. To single Trump out as God's chosen is as Philly dawg says, Cultish.

Just as this other foolish statement that "Christians believe that God has chosen him and is protecting him." That means God was protecting Clinton when the Republicans went after him for impeachment, or God was protecting Hilary when she never got indicted or charged, or God was protecting all the Nazi murderers who were never brought to justice and on and on. You see how little proof is required by these silly Christians to make these unjustified claims? All they have to do is make the ridiculous statement and all the cult members just agree and roll with that foolish conclusion as if it is so obvious he is God's chosen. The ignorance of evangelicals and professing Christians is astounding sometimes.

And last but not least, Christians saying that they believe that the Trump era “is spiritually driven.” Well yes, I believe that part is the only true statement in the whole bunch. It is driven by the spirit of delusion, of deceit, of hypocrisy, of disobedience, of rebellion, and of evil. What Tony Warren calls spiritual insanity, which is the ability to look at the undeniable truth and then reject it in order to believe the lie that you desire. We're talking about injudicious, irrational, unreasonable, and unsound behavior in the face of all things factually contrary to it. Like Christ telling Pilate that he came into the world to bear witness to the truth, and Pilate sarcastically retorting, "What is Truth?" Pilate didn't really hear him because he was not of the Spirit of truth.

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The bottom line for me is that the church (for the most part) is in apostasy today. So it doesn't surprise me that so many professing Christians can feel safe and justified in supporting an unprincipled, unchristian degenerate, reprobate like Donald Trump. Water seeks its own level, so don't kid yourself. Don't lie to yourself. Christians who get down into the gutter are of the gutter.

Water seeks its own level is the truth. Because moral, honest people of integrity find and commune with other moral, honest people of integrity and vice versa. As a faithfuil Christian, I wouldn't be caught "dead" supporting a man of degradation, chaos, and sin like Trump. But that's just me.

Re 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Those who take the name of Christ ought to be Christlike and respect the truth, rather than bring shame to His name and fight against the truth.

Re 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 06:57:38 PM »
Unbelievable!

Trump tried to defend his lies insisted that the original weather map mentioned Alabama Trump held up a "original map" in front of media in his office with a line drawn it in black to justify tha the was right about Alabama all along. Here is the news:

"Hours after the Wednesday Dorian briefing, at a different event in the afternoon, Trump later denied knowing how or why the map had been altered when asked if he could explain how the change was made."No, I just know, yeah. I know that Alabama was in the original forecast," he said. "They thought it would get it, as a piece of it, it was supposed to go—Actually we have a better map of that which is going to be presented, where we had many lines going directly—many models, each line being a model. And they were going directly through. And in all cases, Alabama was hit. If not likely, in some cases pretty hard. Georgia and Alabama, it was a different route. They actually gave that a 95 percent chance probability," he said.

"That map that you showed us today, looked like it almost had, like, a Sharpie written on it," a reporter said during the second White House event.
Trump cut off the reporter and said, "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know." He also said the map had been from three or four days before, when it had actually been issued six days earlier.

It is against federal law to knowingly issue or publish any counterfeit weather forecasts that falsely represent an official forecast issued by government entities like the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center."

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 02:24:35 AM »
Reformer and Erik, Good posts!

Let's not ignore this and make Trump's chronic lies seem normal, which is what some Christians here want.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 06:58:40 AM »
Are Christians "stupid" to believe Trump's lies, or Simply Misguided?

I agree with Reformer. I think that there are a lot of reasons, the best being many Christians are, and always were, hypocrites that only seek to justify their actions.  I'm talking about the outward church, not true believers. That much is obvious from what the congregation does now, did to Christ, and did to the prophets before him. They feel self-righteous and are always willing to accept wickedness from one person they like, but become holy hypocrites when it's someone they disagree with who does the same thing.

I Timothy 3:8
 "Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre."

Clearly, there always were double-tongued hypocrites in God's church. And we all know it. Trump can lie like the Devil "LITERALLY" and it's fine with the cult, but someone else sends an email insecurely and they chant that she should be put in prison for 20 years. This is the hypocrisy we're dealing with. That deceit and two-faced duplicity is why Christ called the people of his congregation hypocrites. Because they were sanctimonious frauds, and they still are. And they are still unsaved. Still proud, still pretentious, deceitful, unthankful, and unholy hypocrites.

Trump wasn't elected because God got tired of sin and sent this autocrat to clean it up. God forbid any of you blessed Christians swallow that delusional wormwood that is making the rounds. Trump was elected for a number of reasons all invalid. One is that there are more obtuse people in this country than we would like to believe. Another is that many professing Christians are ignorant single-issue voters and don't care about anything else. Another reason is that many just wanted a champion who will fight their culture wars of tribalism, racism and nationalism. Another is that many Christians are being deceived by their false sense of righteousness in Trump being the savior of America (despite all evidence to the contrary). Another is that some people are just mentally deficient and need to blame everyone but themselves for their lot in life. Sorry, but it's true.

This President is actually causing division and tearing this country apart. This is something the Devil would do, not a man sent by God. And of course, there is the dogma that he loves the nation of Israel, and many evangelicals have imagined through the sorcery of televangelism that they are God's chosen people. And finally, there are those who worship him and believe that he has been picked by God to lead this country out of the dark wasteland of liberal Democrats into the glory of the Republican promised land. That falls into the category of stupid, and is in the realm of idealism.

I believe that there is probably some grain of truth to every one of these reasons, with my personal belief being that they are mentally ill or unsound. They are not very smart either biblically or intellectually, and they are generally looking for their own personal earthly Valhalla. A place that doesn't exist, and never will on this earth.

As for this poll's pointed question, if I am forced to make a choice between Christian stupidity and simply misguided, I'm sorry but my vote goes to Stupid with a capital "S." Can I say Blind and stupid? In my dictionary, misguided is when you don't have tons of evidence in front of you and you're just not aware of pertinent information or the facts. ...that's not the type of people that this religion of Trump consists of. This is a strong self-delusion of Christians that can only come from the Devil.

Yes, the Devil!  )Bible-Red( Read your Bible.

Especially considering the plain nature of the man and his daily, even hourly demonstrations of his crooked and evil intent and character. He seems to live for the chaos that is his means of stirring up his base to blind allegiance. Like daily throwing lambs and sheep into a den of hungry lions, and then lying and claiming that this was honestly not his intention. That's a spiritual sickness.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 12:54:31 PM »
Unbelievable!

Trump tried to defend his lies insisted that the original weather map mentioned Alabama Trump held up a "original map" in front of media in his office with a line drawn it in black to justify tha the was right about Alabama all along. Here is the news:

Trump Has No Shame! His lies About Storm

are  Harder To Ignore Than His Usual Nonsense

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 02:00:58 PM »
Trump wasn't elected because God got tired of sin and sent this autocrat to clean it up.

How do you know? Are you all-knowing?

some people are just mentally deficient and need to blame everyone but themselves for their lot in life. Sorry, but it's true.

I see. So all the Christians who support the President are mentally ill? What are those who support the Democrats?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]