[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Will we to sit on the Throne of God in Glory?  (Read 192 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Will we to sit on the Throne of God in Glory?
« on: August 20, 2019, 04:14:43 PM »
Rev 3:21-22
(21)  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
(22)  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches
When Jesus ascended into heaven, the Word says he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. The above verse declares that Jesus is actually currently sitting on His Father's throne.  And Jesus says that to those who overcome, He will give to sit on His throne just as He has taken His seat on the Father's throne.  Is Jesus inviting us to sit on the throne of God with Him and in Him?

God's ultimate goal of salavation is to bring many sons and daughters to glory, be partakers and sit with Jesus on His throne, be one with the Father and with Jesus as they are one with each other; we're called the Body of Christ with Christ as the head, rulers and reigners in Christ and on and on and on, right?  But why is it that I am hearing some people actually believe that God is calling His born again children "into His Godhead" this way?  It can't be because it could be blasphemous, won't it? 

Can anyone explain Revelation 3:21?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

savedbysovereigngrace99

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Will we to sit on the Throne of God in Glory?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:30:26 AM »
I hope you are going to give your understanding of that verse.

Stephanie

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 02:16:32 PM »
Rev 3:21-22
(21)  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Haven't we already overcome?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »
Of course, I know that the Elect are the ones who overcomes, but no one have yet answer the questions I asked:

1.) Is Jesus inviting us to sit on the throne of God with Him and in Him?

2.) If so, but why is it that I am hearing some people actually believe that God is calling His born again children "into His Godhead" this way?  It can't be because it could be blasphemous, won't it? 

Thank you!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Mark

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 11:27:17 PM »
As you know we overcome only because he has. This type language is used for the elect children of God as it is written elsewhere. 

Rev 2:17b
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
(Rev 3:12,21 etc)

We are Christ body, as he reigns on his throne now we too reign in him.

Eph 2:5-6
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

It would be blasphemous if thy claim to become as God (as the mormons teach) because He overcame, we donít become a God or morphed into the Godhead in that sense, but we are his body, his children where we bear the image of the heavenly (1 Cor 15:48).

1Cor 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 01:34:39 AM »
Thank you for an explaination, Mark!

savedbysovereigngrace99

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 04:22:35 AM »
As you know we overcome only because he has. This type language is used for the elect children of God as it is written elsewhere. 

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

It would be blasphemous if thy claim to become as God (as the mormons teach) because He overcame, we donít become a God or morphed into the Godhead in that sense, but we are his body, his children where we bear the image of the heavenly (1 Cor 15:48).

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Sounds good.

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »

)GoodPopst(

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]