[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Do Republicans Now Hurt the Cause of Christianity equal to the Democrats?  (Read 1397 times)

Linda

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Do Republicans Now Hurt the Cause of Christianity equal to the Democrats?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2019, 07:02:54 AM »

From what I witness, read, hear and see, it could be argued that the modern day Republican Pro-Trump, professing believers, are hurting Christianity more than the Democratic Christians or even the adversarial unbelievers of the world. What do you think?

The way they are acting right now, 100%.

I wonder why they are not claiming it's all a lie?  I mean, besides the conspiracy theorists and crazies that were banned?  )Say_what(

Linda

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 07:05:06 AM »
so you are basically saying that Me, George, Puritan Heart, Aqautic, Fred, David knoles, Red, Joe Johnson, Drew and the President are all unsaved?

Answer?

You had your answer. If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, it's not your shoe.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2019, 09:08:01 AM »
We are not in business to decide who is saved or not

You could have fooled me! You say Israel is not saved don't you?

Try read your Scripture yourself for once.

I Chronicles 17:9 "Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,"

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
Quote from: Dan
You say Israel is not saved don't you?

I never said that.  Once again, you got confused with which Israel. The real question is WHICH Israel did God talked about? It is spiritual Covenant Israel in Christ or physical national Israel?

I Chronicles 17:9 "Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,"

Well, I am glad that you finally start to quote Scripture. Unforuentely, we can see that you have failed to check with the context of the verse.  We need to pay careful attention to what God ACTUALLY says. Let check with the rest of the Scripture before deal with the verse you quoted:

Gen 3:15
(15)  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Gen 21:12
(12)  And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Gen 22:15-18
(15)  And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
(16)  And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
(17)  That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
(18)  And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

2Sa 7:8-13
(8 )  Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:
(9)  And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.
(10)  Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
(11)  And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.
(12)  And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
(13)  He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

See? "Thy seed" spoken of to Adam and Eve, Abraham, and David in these passages of Scripture refers to none other than the Lord Jesus Christ. The fact that God tells Abraham it is through this seed that all nations of the earth will be blessed, lets us know without a doubt that this promise is not meant for just the physical nation of Israel?  We must surrender to the AUTHORITY OF SCRIPTURE for interpretation which confirmed for us in the New Testament, if you read the Scripture and RECEIVE IT.

Gal 3:13-18
(13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(14)  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
(15)  Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
(16)  Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
(17)  And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
(18)  For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

This "IS" the covenant made to Israel through Christ for ALL nations of the world. It is Covenant Isarel which made up of all Elect from Old and New Testament congregation. Therefore, it NEVER referred only to a physical country that sits upon a pile of dirt in the Middle East! 

My point is?  The end time prophecies will have NOTHING to do with physical city of Jersualem, physical nation called Israel, the physical war between Russia and her islamic allies against Israel in the Middle East, or one man called the "antichrist" you are looking for in Europe.  It is all have to do with New Testament congregation of Israel which now represents God's kingdom on earth snice the Cross.  You are looking at wrong Israel! So next time try to read the context of a verse you quoted! You obviously, took a verse out of the context, in support for your false doctrine, Selah!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]