[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Genesis History?  (Read 274 times)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
Is Genesis History?
« on: August 09, 2019, 09:39:11 AM »
You can't trip these guys up with stunts like that, this is the most informed group of reasoned Christians that I have ever come across in my short time studying the bible. That's why I originally came here and that's why I stayed here. Sound thought, interpretation, information, reasoning and a lot of facts that I otherwise wouldn't get from other sites.

Is Genesis History

Couldn't agree more. And speaking of facts, this brings me to another topic. I wrote to Tony Warren to ask about the confusing nature of the topic of evolution. While he was really busy with the site and couldn't get into it very deeply with me, what he said was enlightening and he also directed me to a movie called "Is Genesis History (2017) by director Thomas Purifoy. I looked it up and watched it on Vudo streaming and it was more like a documentary. It was actually so God blessed and clearly explained that I ad no problem in understanding just "why" I was having such a problem with this evolution thing.

I'm wondering if any of you have seen this movie and what you thought of it? If not, I highly recommend you search it out and watch it. It used a very sound intelligent and reasoned approach to the questions that I'm sure all of us have had about just how all world came to be. Especially given the brainwashing that so many Evolutionists use and the seemingly plausible claims they make. All explained. So if you've seen it, just what do you guys think of it?

I've seen a lot of silly, so-called Christian movies, but this is the first one that is not all about the nonsense of being taken, the premillennial rapture or the prophesied war in Israel. This was actually intelligent, scientific and most of all biblical in that it the bible confirms it. 

What do you think?  I give it a B+ among all the D- Christian movies I have seen.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Is Genesis History?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 02:40:37 PM »

I haven't seen it Melanie. I don't have VuDu so I can't see it for free there, but I will make it a point to see it because of your recommendation. I looked for it on BluRay but it is over my budget at $30.00. The update is that I did find it on Amazon renting for $2.00 so I will watch it later tonite.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
Melanie. It's not a fight one with the other, evolution can co-exist with the Bible. We don't need fancy far fetched explanations of what science has solved.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »
It's not a fight one with the other, evolution can co-exist with the Bible.

Really? Show me us a verse or two in the Bible where it supports man-made evolution theories? And tell me, Betty, how old do YOU think the Earth is and how did it came into exist?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 12:17:26 PM »
First question, yes, Genesis is history. Second,  no I haven't seen it Melanie, but will take your recommendation and check it out.

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »
I'm wondering if any of you have seen this movie and what you thought of it? If not, I highly recommend you search it out and watch it.

I've seen a lot of silly, so-called Christian movies, but this is the first one that is not all about the nonsense of being taken, the premillennial rapture or the prophesied war in Israel. This was actually intelligent, scientific and most of all biblical in that it the bible confirms it. 

What do you think?  I give it a B+ among all the D- Christian movies I have seen.

Melanie, I haven't seen it but will put it on my watch list.

It's not a fight one with the other, evolution can co-exist with the Bible. We don't need fancy far fetched explanations of what science has solved.

Betty, Evolution cannot co-exist with the creation account of the Bible. That's just the modern era propaganda of some segments of the church.

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »

I saw it last month Melanie and it was tremendous. I also recommend it. It reminded me of what I read in the great evolution myth. That once you understand that there really is no evidence evolving creatures anywhere on earth, then you are open to see that genetic change is not evolution and the layers in the earth are new, not old. This film shows that sedimentary layering in action. That's what I call proof. Mount Saint Helens is a perfect example of the building of this planet's topography.

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »
I saw it Melanie and it was OUTSTANDING! You are right, we see all these evolutionist documentaries and we can't help but wonder about how all the Dinosaurs, the grand canyon, fossils, and creatures were created. This movie is a tremendous help in understanding. I would also recommend the review of this movie "is Genesis History" by Jonathan Sarfati on Creation.com.

https://creation.com/is-genesis-history-doco-review

I second your (or Tony's) recommendation of this movie. It's great for babes in Christ as well as for seasoned Christians. It adds scientific reason and facts to the faith we already have. It ain't all what it seems, is it?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]