[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Who was the Wife of Cain?  (Read 385 times)

Jon Thomas

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Who was the Wife of Cain?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 12:54:47 PM »
I read the article and wondered why the early families get to live to 800 years when we can only live up to 75-100.  That is pretty a long time.

Because there was very little disease and degeneration because it was an early earth and creation. New diseases are created every year because of the curse, and with the genetic mutations the body gets more and more weak or fragile every year because of sin and things like new germs, pollution, disease and so many more weak people surviving. It once was that only the strong survive, it hasn't been like that  for thousands of years. The rich, sinful, and genetically weak survive and prosper. It's a whole collection of things that led to shorter life spans.

Psalms 90:8-10
 Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.
 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Think Adam stay faithful with Eve until death?

Yes.

Kevin Madson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 03:20:43 PM »
Think Adam stay faithful with Eve until death?

He had to be unless he was molesting his own kids.  Besides, wasn't he a saved man? Or am I wrong about that?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »
>>>
Mark, I believe that if something is a sin today, then it was a sin yesterday.
<<<

You certainly can believe that, but it's clear from Scripture that often things are not a sin until God "commands" that it not be done. When God says "Thou Shalt Not," then to do so is a sin to disobey that "law" that God has put forth.

Leviticus 19:19
  • "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee."

Before God told them that they could not plant two different kinds of seeds in a field, this was not a sin to do so. Until God laid that law down to represent the separation of God's people, to have done so was not a sin. Neither is it a sin for God's people to do so today.

>>>
You can't have it both ways.
<<<

We're not having it both ways. Without the fobidding of something by God's law, there is no sin. The exact definition of sin is "breaking God's law." If there is no law against something, there obviously cannot be a sin (violation of law).

1st John 3:4
  • "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."

You can't have sin without law. If there is no prohibition of something by God, there is no violation of law since it's not been forbidden. That's not having it both ways, that's having it one way.

>>>
Do you believe in new sins?
<<<

Of course. Whenever God created new laws, then that meant there were new sins. Again, as an example, before God told Israel not to mingle/marry with the heathen, it was not a sin for His people to do so. Because remember, all Israel came from the same stock, which was the man Jacob. Thus they married others.

Genesis 32:28
  • "And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed."

So for years the seed of Israel mingled with and married other people. So it couldn't have been a sin early on to be yoked together outside of Israel. It "became a sin" for the children of Israel later on after God saw fit to forbid the children of Israel from mingling. So the notion that God couldn't make something a sin that wasn't sin before or new laws instituted by Him where man could transgress, is proven in error.

>>>
Every sin that is today, has been a sin a thousand years ago.
<<<

From my last example, that is clearly not true. When God gives a new law, that creates a new sin for man. Here's a different example:

2nd Chronicles 8:13
  • "Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles."

Is it a sin now for the children of Israel not to keep this commandment/law? Is it a sin for the children of God to ignore this command and not do this three times a year? Was it a sin in the past but it's not a sin to not do it today? The reason this is not a sin today is because God instituted ceremonial laws that actually pointed to the reality in Christ. So those laws are not applicable today. God's people don't have to get on a plane and go to Jerusalem three times a year. So once again we see that what was a sin thousands of years ago is not necessarily a sin today.

>>>
There are no new sins that were not sins before.
<<<

John 13:34-35
  • "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
  • By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Is this a new law or commandment of God or did He simply misspeak? Likewise, does the children of Israel need to sacrifice turtledoves, calves, and bulls again according to old laws? Do you know that this was commanded of the children of Israel? Why is it not commanded of God's people now? Is it now not a sin to forsake those laws? Is it now not a sin to mix different threads together in a garment as God's law said it was thousands of years ago? If that is not a sin today, then something that was a sin before is no longer a sin today. Because Sin is the transgression of God's law and you can't transgress what God no longer requires by law.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 02:28:10 AM »
Leviticus 19:19
  • "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee."

Before God told them that they could not plant two different kinds of seeds in a field, this was not a sin to do so.

Obviously. Unfortunately, neither scripture, examples, nor logic works on some of these radical evangelicals. Based on their denials of these marriages they're still not convinced that all life came from one man Adam, even though the bible plainly says so.

But good examples for others to read.  ]ThUmBsUp[
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 04:13:32 AM »
Leviticus 19:19

Before God told them that they could not plant two different kinds of seeds in a field, this was not a sin to do so.

Obviously. Unfortunately, neither scripture, examples, nor logic works on some of these radical evangelicals. Based on their denials of these marriages they're still not convinced that all life came from one man Adam, even though the bible plainly says so.

But good examples for others to read.  ]ThUmBsUp[

)iagree( Here is what I've come to realize over the years. No one is going to come to truth unless and until they first accept the FACT that the bible is the inerrant word of God. It cannot be argued with, it cannot be bargained with, it cannot be haggled with. You either accept that it is true and authoritative, or you don't. You either know it speaks the truth or you hem and haw over how it doesn't really mean what it said. Why do you think some professing Christians seek to invalidate the idea that honesty is the fruit of the righteous, that the Kingdom of Christ has come, that immorality is not trivial, that God absolutely hates divorce, that we are to be a different, separated, holy people, that lying is the handiwork of the Devil, or that predestination means exactly that? Is it not because of the rebellion in their heart against the word of God? Or to put it another way, because they don't like, hold dear, or treasure what it says? All sin starts with that rebellion against what God says. A group of Christians or a church that is full of hypocrites don't really care what the Bible says, they only care about what they believe is true. In other words, God's word is not their real authority, Christ is not their real Lord, their own belly (what they desire) or what they want is their authority.

Job 15:34 For the congregation of hypocrites shall be desolate, and fire shall consume the tabernacles of bribery.

Clearly these words are meaningless to many but is the treasure of the absolute truth to God's chosen people.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

By grace of God I've made my choice.

Dustin

• My Grace Is Sufficient
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 02:24:02 AM »
Here is what I've come to realize over the years. No one is going to come to truth unless and until they first accept the FACT that the bible is the inerrant word of God. It cannot be argued with, it cannot be bargained with, it cannot be haggled with. You either accept that it is true and authoritative, or you don't. You either know it speaks the truth or you hem and haw over how it doesn't really mean what it said.

Yup! It never ceases to amaze me how so many Christians want to argue with the Bible instead of obey what it says.

Cain's wife is simply a process of elimination. 

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]