[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Daniel 70 Week Timeline  (Read 477 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Daniel 70 Week Timeline
« on: July 26, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »
Hi,

I have played around with some timeline generator. I created one based on Tony Warren's Seventy Week article with precise dates for Christ's birth and death.  I did not include my data for events after the "midst of the week" as it required me to pay premium before I could add more data.  To view it on full screen also requires premium, sorry. 

Anyway, when you do go and view the timeline, notice there are options for zoom and magnify.  Use both for best viewing.

I would like to know if you enjoyed it and wanted me to add my data before I pay for it. Or I should try with other software.

I am looking forward to your feedbacks.

You can view the timeline here.

Thanks
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Roger Dodson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Daniel 70 Week Timeline
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 02:59:45 PM »
Hi Erik,
Lots of people say Christ's birth was in 7 BC but why, and or how, do you narrow it down to February? I'm curious.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
Quote from: Roger Dodson
Lots of people say Christ's birth was in 7 BC but why, and or how, do you narrow it down to February? I'm curious.

The 7BC was based on Tony Warren's The Biblical Timeline of Creation article.

I don't know why you asked about February because I estimated Christ's birth was on September 24, 7 BC which was the Jubliee year.  Can you explain where did you find February on the timeline? 

Thanks,
Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Margaret

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
Erik. The slide is kinda Fickle. When I run the cursor over the line where Christ's birth it says march. If I click on it, it says September. So I think he was just lacing the cursor on the line. But the question still remains, how did you get the month of September?

Roger Dodson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
That's what I did Margaret. When you place the cursor on the line another date comes up. When I click on it I get the September date.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 11:20:30 PM »
Roger and Margaret,

Sorry about the frustations with "dates".   I believe you saw a different month because of the placement of your cursor over the "thickness" of the line "WITHOUT" click on the box. It will cause you to see the "wrong" month at the top as you move the cursor over the line depending on the zoom/maginify level you were on.  The "thickness" of the line (from edge to edge) can varies over days and months depending on zoom level.  Therefore, you need to on the box to get the accurate date. Once you know the date, you can go ahead and try magnify even further toward the "day" level and you will start notice the line "move" to the accurate position of the exact day (and month).  Makes sense?  Like I said, it was an experiement for me to see user friendly the software is for you.  I am also working on other timeline software but it require me to bit more work.  Thanks for your feedbacks through.   

Now, why did I pick September date for Christ's birth in 7BC.  Well, because it was the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) on the 50th Great Jubliee year. It was a HUGE celebratation for the Jews at that time where many of them came into Jerusalem area from regions and neighbor countries.  This explains why Joseph and Mary had a hard time find a room in Bethelem that day when Christ was about to be born. I personally believe that God picked that day for His birthday.  Praise God for provide Himself as our Savior on that special day.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]