[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Request for Theologic Discussion Help  (Read 261 times)

da525382

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Request for Theologic Discussion Help
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »
Hi everyone,

I respect everyone here and have read posts over the years, and I have posted some.  What I am wondering is whether there might be anyone here who could help me on another discussion board with simply referencing scripture, etc.??  I am sort of by myself, basically, in trying to defend Reformed Theology.  If anyone here would be willing to go over there and simply look through it (click "View Active Topics") to see, I would appreciate it.  And of course, if you choose not to get involved, I would fully understand.....Thanks!  (By the way, my screen name there is SolaDude).

http://ex-churchofchrist.com/DiscussionBoard/index.php

Solver

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Request for Theologic Discussion Help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 01:59:07 PM »
Although I am considered a newbie on this forum, I have been on other bible-based forums for more than a decade ... so I know a little about how to approach such tasks. 

There is a very powerful tool on the internet for the study of scriptures.  It is not particularly biased toward any particular brand of religion.  The web address is biblehub.com.  It's very unique feature is that it covers about twenty different bible translations, with every word indexed (as far as I know, anyway).  The greatest thing about it (in my opinion anyway), is that whenever you have done a search (for a word, combination of words, phase, or entire verse), all the translations of that (whatever) appear on the same page, one after another.  That makes it very easy to see where scriptures have been modified by some people, for certain agendas throughout history.  It also disproves that the claim that the scriptures are free from errors!  Case in point:  1-John 5:7

https//biblehub.com/1_john/5-7.htm   

Although the line immediately above is not a clickable hyperlink, you can simply copy the link and paste it into the address line of your web browser, and go straight to the web address, perhaps in a new tab on your browser, or in a new window.  It is my hope that the information above is helpful to you.  May your efforts be fruitful!

da525382

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:09:52 PM »
Thank you, Solver....yes I am familiar with that great website!  However, the help I am needing over on the other discussion is help from fellow believers who can perhaps help to "chime" in on discussions.  I am just in a one-person minority there and would appreciate some discussion from others of like mind, to include quoting scriptures and discussing them.....thx

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 03:40:22 AM »
  If anyone here would be willing to go over there and simply look through it (click "View Active Topics") to see, I would appreciate it.  And of course, if you choose not to get involved, I would fully understand.....Thanks!  (By the way, my screen name there is SolaDude).

http://ex-churchofchrist.com/DiscussionBoard/index.php

I can't find any recent posts since 2016 and 3 posts by you. Is there any special thing I have to do?
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:21:11 PM »

Went there, couldn't get registered  )Say_what(

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]