[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The International Affairs Debacle  (Read 419 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
The International Affairs Debacle
« on: June 20, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »

This miscalculation by Trump of the Iran situation demonstrates vividly why we can't have a Liar-in-chief in the white house. Everything this fool says is subject to suspicion because he never tells the truth about anything. We are left to try and flesh out the truth from the military people, which ones are telling the truth and which ones are looking for an excuse to go to war for a problem that is Trump's own making. Let's face facts, no one wants Trump making these types of decisions because he's a divisive idiot who gets his information from the pundits at FOX. If you wondered what I meant in 2016 about Trump being a dangerous man to be President, pray we are not going to find out. we all know that his decision making is atrocious. Well, you voted for a mental midget to be in charge and now You've got him. What now? Don't expect him to grow a brain now.  )Say_what(

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Simon

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The International Affairs Debacle
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »

He just said that he has a "feeling" that it was some little mistake that Iran made and they really didn't mean to shoot down the US Drome. A "feeling?" Is he now basing his views and actions on feelings rather than on military CIA intel and information? This man is just so weird.

Tim Norton

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 05:38:11 AM »
June 21 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump approved military strikes on Friday against Iran in retaliation for the downing of an unmanned $130-million surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching the attacks, the New York Times said.

Trump had initially approved strikes on a handful of targets such as radar and missile batteries, the paper cited senior administration officials involved in, or briefed on, the deliberations, as saying. The strikes were set to take place just before dawn on Friday to minimize risk to the Iranian military or to civilians, it added. Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles fired, when the order to stand down came.

Who orders a military strike and then in the middle of it changes his mind? Trump is scatter-brained, weak, indecisive and unequipped to handle a crisis like this.

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:02 AM »
I heard Russia threatened him against action and so he backed off. There is no telling what is really going on when you're dealing with a person who lies routinely like Trump. You never know what is the truth. Just like Philly said. He is driving Iran right into Russia's arms because he is so childlike with regards to international affairs. I believe he actually thinks Putin, Kim Jong-un and Xi Jinping are really his friends. America has no one to blame but itself for this President. That's what happens when you worship a man, cast away the law, justify obstruction and disregard the truth. This is exactly what you get.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 09:01:12 AM »

Wow! Is there anyone here who supports the President and is not antisemitic besides me, George and David? Because I think that he has done a good job and should have Christian backing. I don't think this site is representative of conservative Christians.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »

That's exactly right. We don't know who's lying because Trump and his appointed cronies are always lying. Maybe the plane was in Iranian airspace and maybe it wasn't. This is what posters have been saying all along, how can any rational person believe anything Trump says without verifiable facts? Normally we'd believe the President because Presidents don't lie continually like this man.

Now Iran has a lot of parts from the drone from their territorial waters that they claim it fell in because it was flying over it.  They also claim they warned the US 2 or three times about it prior to shooting it down. Normally, our President doesn't just tweet blurt out senseless things, tweet or rant in an uninformed manner about such serious things in a situation like this, but this isn't a normal man. Now who do we believe? Again, normally there would be no question we would believe our President over the likes of the Iranian government, but how can we with a bonafide proven chronic liar?  Even in the face of undeniable facts. We'd have to be stupid to believe what Trump or his cronies say without any real proof. And as of yet, we have none. The Iranians have tapes of the warnings and parts of the drone in their territorial waters. What do we have?

If the President was going to strike back without having all the facts he's stupid. If he was going to strike back having all the facts and changed his mind he's stupid. If he has the facts that the Drone was over Iranian air space and was warned several times to leave, and he still wants to strike back he's stupid.  This man should have never been elected President on the basis of his mental acuity alone. I can't believe that there are actually a great sum of human beings in this country who believe he is the greatest President we've ever had. Just goes to show how uncommon common sense is. )hammerhead(

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »

Wow! Is there anyone here who supports the President and is not antisemitic besides me, George and David? Because I think that he has done a good job and should have Christian backing. I don't think this site is representative of conservative Christians.

My estimate is that there are probably about 5 or 6 of you and maybe another 3 who agree but are probably cowards. I stand up for what I believe in. And I believe that the majority here have common sense and biblical wisdom and so they hate unrighteousness in any form or fashion. The church and politics. That's why they witness against dispensationalism, free will, political lies, abortion, lawlessness, hypocrisy, worldliness, women usurping authority over men and church apostasy. The falling away and apostasy have not yet reached most of us here. But from your posts, I think you are trying hard to bring it here. If you don't like us or our doctrines and beliefs, why are you still here?  )goodquestion(

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 04:35:54 PM »

We're here to teach you. The President is trying to make America great again, but all you do is nit pick on every little thing. He believes in conservative Christian values and in a strong Israel, which all of you should be for. He has a strategy that works. He's done more in 3 years than former Presidents have done in all their administrations combined.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 01:03:08 AM »
We're here to teach you.

Teach us that lies are acceptable, lawbreaking is now the norm, chaos makes for greater government, mental acuity is not required to be President, false prophesy is best because it's popular, worshipping a man is not idolatry or it's honorable to deny facts because they don't matter? Just what are you teaching us that we should listen?

The President is trying to make America great again

The President is a caveman trying to bring glory and enrichment to himself and his family and the cult of ignorance is too foolish to realize it.

He believes in conservative Christian values

He wouldn't know Christian values if you printed them on his face.

and in a strong Israel, which all of you should be for.

Why? What does a strong political nation of Israel have to do with a strong America, a strong economy, a strong people, a strong community, military, church, state or common sense? All of us should be for a strong Israel of God, and most of us here are.

He has a strategy that works.

What strategy? Are you joking? The one thing all can agree on is that Trump's strategy is his mouth, and when that fails, what then? His strategy is to rant and scare people, and when that fails, what then? There is no what then because besides his lies, fear and his caustic mouth, he has no strategy. That's why we're in the position we are in now. Because he tore up a perfectly good treaty because he thinks his braggadocious manner will intimidate everyone, and because of the rocket scientists that he has counseling him. Arrogant alt right morons who want nothing short of regime change, because they haven't learned from history (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libia, Syria, etc.) that neither sanctions nor regime change work without diplomacy and self-determination. Didn't he learn anything when Bush tried to democratize Iraq?  Fix Libia? Straiten out Syria? It never works and never will, and yet every time a Republican gets in office they set about on the same course of regime change. I'll say the same thing now as I said years ago, nation building doesn't work. Bush learned that the hard way and America paid for that lesson with thousands of American lives. So now we see that Trump's big mouth strategy doesn't work on crazies? Gee, I could have told him that. So what now? What's the strategy now that sanctions don't work? Another Republican war to pacify the nitwits he's placed in charge? Moreover, his indecisiveness is placing America more in danger because he's been tested and he blinked. As I said before, he's so ignorant about foreign policy, he's alienated our friends so much that they don't even trust him. Look who's backing him. Saudi Arabia. What does that tell you. Look who worked so hard to get him in office, the Russians. Why? Did any of the cult morons ever stop to think why Russia, our sworn enemy, would want Trump in office? Because they wanted to help America? Idiots! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!

He's done more in 3 years than former Presidents have done in all their administrations combined.

The delusions of a cult member. Any other Republican who would have won the 2016 nomination and election would have done 10 times better, got 10 times more results and would not have our enemies salivating over his stupidity.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 01:18:55 AM »
Trumpís war whisperer John Bolton

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 03:13:07 AM »

Unintelligent, Unpredictable, Uninformed, Unhinged,

and Half Cocked. A Recipe for Disaster!

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 04:18:26 AM »
 )Goodpoint( with an s.     That was great Philly. These were informative, honest, intelligent interviews. As much as I hate to say it, they're right. No one knows if this man is on the phone with a FOX host in the middle of a crisis or Rush Limbaugh. No one knows what this man is doing at any given minute of any day, and that is what is most dangerous. I don't think Trump has the capacity to think long term, which one needs to do in making these type decisions. People have got to stop enabling this man before he does something we can't get out of. He tramples all over decency, truth, maturity, our allies, the constitution, and the rule of law. I don't know if 2020 is going to be fast enough to avoid a giant mess or maybe even worse.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 01:55:42 AM »
Is The U.S. Going To War With Iran?

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »

Donald Trump and the Art of Confusion

International Ignorance, Nepotism and Fascism on Display

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 07:59:21 PM »

Trump World, Lindsey Graham and the Death of the Truth

Don''t you just love how Evangelical Christians continue to support such a man when

they know he is despicable, amoral, a chronic liar, and the bane of everything Christian?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]