[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Urim and Thummim  (Read 464 times)

Skeeter7

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Urim and Thummim
« on: May 25, 2019, 12:24:06 AM »
Are there any Bible studies here on the above topic?

SavedByGrace

• Saved, By God's Grace Alone!
Re: Urim and Thummim
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:52:06 AM »
 )welcome(
Welcome to the forum.
I don't believe that there is anything on Urim and Thummim.  I hope that someone can give us both some insights.
Bill
The only regret that I have is that I only have one life to live for my God.

Skeeter7

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 05:06:18 PM »
Thank you. I thought Tony had written on the subject some time ago, but I don't see a study on it here. I hope somebody has something they can point me towards.

I think that ultimately the "lights" and "perfections" represent the work of Christ. The Urim and Thummim were used to ascertain the will of God, but since the Bible is generally available (a light to our path and His law being "perfect"), it is our light and perfection (Christ, of course, being the Living Word and the Scriptures being the written word). I think this is something Tony, et al would agree with, so I hope they will chime in.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 06:27:17 PM »
I don't know what it represents, but I remember Tony Warren posting a long time ago that these were two additional stones in the Priests breastplate were representing a flame and completeness, and really pointed to the light of Christ, the High Priest of atonement in judgment on our behalf.

Or something like that.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]