[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Articulate, Intelligent, Truth or Inarticulate, Stupid, Lies - You Decide!  (Read 1882 times)

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical

This should be labeled, "Truths You'll Never Hear On Fox News."   You know, like the whole truth. ;)

Daisy

• Daisy means day's eye in innocent happiness.
 )inter( Good information Lieberman. I will say that it was articulate, intelligent and truthful, but I don't know how unbiased it was. I suspect much of what anyone says is biased, but I agree it was very interesting. And yes Reformer, it is the type of thing we never hear from Fox, or from CNN or MSNBC for that matter. That's why it's good to hear all sides.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
Agreed   ]ThUmBsUp[

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
Isn't it amazing with Christian Republicans. Lies don't phase them, immorality doesn't phase them, obstruction of justice doesn't phase them, Incivility doesn't phase them, Adultery doesn't phase them, Bigotry doesn't phase them, Deceit doesn't phase them, Disobedience to the law doesn't phase them. But slap Tariffs on Mexico that will affect their pocketbooks and all of a sudden Republicans grow a spine and morality. What's wrong with this picture? )Say_what(

Matthew 6:24-25
"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"

Righteousness and following God above greed and following Trump

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
 )GoodPopst(  I only object to your calling them Christians. Christians aren't constantly knee deep in that sort of hypocrisy.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Herman Stowe

• SBC
Isn't it amazing with Christian Republicans. Lies don't phase them, immorality doesn't phase them, obstruction of justice doesn't phase them, Incivility doesn't phase them, Adultery doesn't phase them, Bigotry doesn't phase them, Deceit doesn't phase them, Disobedience to the law doesn't phase them. But slap Tariffs on Mexico that will affect their pocketbooks and all of a sudden Republicans grow a spine and morality. What's wrong with this picture? )Say_what(

Are you surprised? God, truth and righteousness doesn't matter to some alleged Christians, but taxes do. You should know that by now.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Chao Corruption Shocking Even For Scandal-Plagued Trump Aministration

Dwight

• That we keep his commandments 1 John 5:3

This administration is without a doubt the worst administration in modern political history, especially as far as criminality, lies, obstruction and corruption. Thanks Philly for posting articulate, intelligent and truthful videos that we don't ever get to see or hear on Fox. Except when Chris Wallace does an interview.  ]ThUmBsUp[ Thumbs up brother

George

• I'm a llama!
 ]ThUmBsDoWn[  The Clinton administration was more chaotic and had more criminality, lies, immorality, obstruction and corruption.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians

Republicans Punish Truth Yet Privately Hate Trumpism

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
heaven forbid I have a differing political view or claim a “conspiracy theory” and all of a sudden I’m not a Christian.

I'm switching this reply to a more appropriate thread so as not to disrupt the Battle of Armageddon thread anymore than Philly has. Listen, don't attempt to make it seem as if you guys just have a different opinion and all of us are passing judgment on you four for that. You all have one key thing in common. A very strong aversion to the truth. You all fight it every time someone makes a post you don't like. I don't like everything some people post, but I don't jump up and say that's a lie when I know there is truth to it. There could be Jesus Christ stand up and tell you that Trump is a wicked, lying, immoral, lawbreaking Bafoon and Hitler the chief architect of the holocaust and a racist swine, and you would come back, "That's not true that's just you listening to the mainstream media propaganda and left-wing conspiracy." That's the problem. You and all the other merry band of apologists all just can't seem to accept the truth when it doesn't conform to what you choose to believe.

Scripture tells me that's an aversion to the truth, not a valid difference of opinion.

The same with George and Dan. There could be Jesus Christ stand up and say the Israel of God and the rebuilding of the Holy Temple is in me and the stones of it are the people of the church, and they would come back,  "no, you're not dealing with this literally because you've been duped by the liberal spiritualizers like Tony Warren."

Scripture tells me that's an aversion to the truth, not a valid difference of opinion.

The same with David Knoles and Apostolic. Am I making a judgment? Yes I am. My Bible tells me to try the spirits and to prove all things. And doing that I see that you all have that same aversion to the witness of the truth. What spirit is it that takes offense at, and vehemently fights against the spirit of truth? Is it a spirit of just another opinion, or is it an evil spirit that hates truth?

By the way, the Roman Catholics also hold to many, many doctrines that are true. So did the Scribes and Pharisees. In fact, most of them. But at their core they are hypocrites and have a strong aversion to the truth, and that is what condemned them. Not a difference of opinion, an offense at the truth.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Ga 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

From what I have learned in my life, the answer most times is yes. Because Philly tells you the truth about Trump (and yes, it is the truth), you want to pitch a hissy fit, call it a lie and go on a ridiculous rant about F.D.R, Liberal conspiracies in the Charlottesville car attack, how Abraham Lincoln is a mass murderer and how Hitler didn't kill so many Jews. And you think it's just a matter of opinion? You insist you are not part of the cult of personality that is trump when you are clearly the lead banner-waver of this cult. Clearly, he can do no wrong in your eyes. That's a cult.

aquatic, politics in Christianity should have nothing to do with what is the truth. What's true when one side does it, is equally true when another side does the exact same thing. Christ is always on the side of truth, never on the side of lies. Christians stand with Christ, not with a political narrative. That is what you and many other evangelicals cannot seem to grasp. This aversion to truth. When I see Trump I see a Liar, a manipulater and a autocrat. Does that mean I like the Democrats or their policies? Absolutely not. It just means I can recognize the truth when I see it.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
I'm switching this reply to a more appropriate thread so as not to disrupt the Battle of Armageddon thread anymore than Philly has.

You are correct and thank you Reformer for doing that. I get carried away with obstinacy sometimes, and my apologies to all.

Listen, don't attempt to make it seem as if you guys just have a different opinion and all of us are passing judgment on you four for that. You all have one key thing in common. A very strong aversion to the truth. You all fight it every time someone makes a post you don't like. I don't like everything some people post, but I don't jump up and say that's a lie when I know there is truth to it.

&TY   )GoodPopst(

Trevor

You all have one key thing in common. A very strong aversion to the truth. You all fight it every time someone makes a post you don't like. I don't like everything some people post, but I don't jump up and say that's a lie when I know there is truth to it.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Exactly. Jesus didn't say although I tell you the truth, but just because Christ told them the truth they took offense at him. Isn't that why the Saudis killed Jamal Khashoggi? The Jews stoned Stephen to death?  Trump condemns Mueller? In other words, Christ was saying if he had agreed with them, they would take no offense. But because He told them the truth, they wouldn't believe him and took offense. Or to put it another way, had He been less truthful on the subject they would have more readily hailed him as righteous. Truth is always the catalyst of wickedness. Look at what Pilate told Christ, "What is truth?" He thought himself a just man but had no idea what truth was. Because he condemned it to death and attempted to wash his hands of the blood of his action.

I agree with Reformer. It is the fundamental inability to recognize truth, and therefore condemn those who bring it. Whether of understanding Christ, Integrity, Sovereignty, Armageddon, Israel, Abortion, Predestination, or the inherently vile and Christless nature of our President Donald Trump.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

aquatic

heaven forbid I have a differing political view or claim a “conspiracy theory” and all of a sudden I’m not a Christian.

There could be Jesus Christ stand up and tell you that Trump is a wicked, lying, immoral, lawbreaking Bafoon and Hitler the chief architect of the holocaust and a racist swine, and you would come back, "That's not true that's just you listening to the mainstream media propaganda and left-wing conspiracy."

Horrible comparison. Jesus is the truth and does not lie. Mainstream media lies.  I don’t question God, but I question media when there is evidence that proves they lie.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]