[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Articulate, Intelligent, Truth or Inarticulate, Stupid, Lies - You Decide!  (Read 2477 times)

Kevin Wright

• Always Reforming
heaven forbid I have a differing political view or claim a “conspiracy theory” and all of a sudden I’m not a Christian.

There could be Jesus Christ stand up and tell you that Trump is a wicked, lying, immoral, lawbreaking Bafoon and Hitler the chief architect of the holocaust and a racist swine, and you would come back, "That's not true that's just you listening to the mainstream media propaganda and left-wing conspiracy."

Horrible comparison. Jesus is the truth and does not lie. Mainstream media lies.  I don’t question God, but I question media when there is evidence that proves they lie.

Actually that's a very articulate and intelligent "analogy." Obviously, it's a good  one, and you prove it accurate by not coming back agreeing with the truth that "Hitler was an evil swine," but with an inarticulate, beside the point, "I don't believe the media."  Despite the fact that we aren't media, are telling the gospel truth which no one can disprove, and no one in their right mind (no one not spiritually insane ;) ) would waste time defending Hitler, Trump or the Nazi in Charlottesville. Reformer nailed it!  You are averse to the truth.

Dan

• Dan the Man
Kevin, you think you are so smart, what if we don't believe Trump is a liar? Are we not entitled to that opinion? Does that make us inarticulate, stupid, and a believer of lies? I don't think so.

Dan

• Dan the Man
aquatic, politics in Christianity should have nothing to do with what is the truth. What's true when one side does it, is equally true when another side does the exact same thing. Christ is always on the side of truth, never on the side of lies. Christians stand with Christ, not with a political narrative.

You think Christ would stand with the Democratic Party? No, he'd be standing with our President and conservatism. He'd be speaking against minorities running the government, allowing criminals and immigrants to enter and take over? He'd be against the antisemitism of the Reformed right, and those who hate Israel. Sometimes you have to put up with a man like the President to get things done. The President is not perfect, but neither are you. I don't care about his indiscretions, I care about America.

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
I'm switching this reply to a more appropriate thread so as not to disrupt the Battle of Armageddon thread anymore than Philly has. Listen, don't attempt to make it seem as if you guys just have a different opinion and all of us are passing judgment on you four for that. You all have one key thing in common. A very strong aversion to the truth.

Reformer, why don't you just tell us honestly what you have against the President? He's fought hard for Christians.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
Reformer, why don't you just tell us honestly what you have against the President?

Again? I think I've answered this but sure, no problem. Trump is [color=redeverything that is contrary to genuine Christianity.[/color] is that plain enough for you? As opposed to what passes for Christianity in most evangelical, pharisaical, political circles. But you tell me honestly which one of these is a lie. Don't give me the rhetoric about the media, democrats or liberals, just tell me which one.

Trump is lawless, he's dishonorable, he's an authoritarian despot, he's blatantly immoral, he's a habitual and chronic liar, he's an incendiary demagogue, he's a divisive race-baiter, he's an unapologetic adulterer, he's a fascist nationalist, he's a mirror carrying narcissist, he's a snake-oil salesman in Presbyterian clothes, he's an exploitive manipulator, he's a vain autocrat, he's prideful, arrogant and most of all he's a great deceiver. And that's just the first page. Which one of these reasons to be against him do you think is unchristian, and which of these traits is Christian or Christian supportable?

Now ask me again what I have against Trump. The same things Christ has against him. He's a pied piper leading good people down the path to Hell and an offense against God.

Just My Two Cents of the Dollar

He's fought hard for Christians.

He has fought hard for himself deceiving professing Christians with buzzwords, clichés and platitudes designed to incite fear, division and contention. He's an idiot with smart people around him pulling the strings. Professing Christians are mere political fodder for his evil ambitions.  But if you want to sell your soul for the 30 pieces of silver he's offering, you go right ahead.

Articulate, Intelligent, Truth or Inarticulate, Stupid, Lies - You Decide!

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
Kevin, you think you are so smart, what if we don't believe Trump is a liar?

That would make you delusional considering the overabundance of clear and ever-present evidence to the contrary. Have you ever looked up the word delusion in a dictionary? Because it seems you don't have a clue what the word means. It's defined as a false belief held despite strong evidence against it; or a self-deception; or a forms of psychosis.

What I'm sure Tony Warren would call spiritual insanity.

Here's the Google example: "Because of his delusions, the literary character Don Quixote attacks a windmill, thinking it is a giant."

Like those who attacked Christ thinking he had a devil. Like aquatic thinking it is normal to defend Hitler and Nazi in Charlottesville. That's delusional activity for a professing Christian. Let me give you an example of delusion. It's like Donald Trump lying and claiming that his father was born in Germany, and when the lie is pointed out, certain Christians get offended and claim it's just the liberal media and fake news, and that Trump actually told the truth. That is the delusion of the cult that follows Trump no matter what. You ask what if we don't believe Trump is a liar? I respond articulately, intelligently, and truthfully (see thread title) that this would make the "we" delusional considering the overabundance of clear and ever-present evidence to the contrary.

Are we not entitled to that opinion?

Of course. That doesn't mean I have to keep silent about what you euphemistically call an opinion, knowing it is an illusion of righteousness and not the actual truth.

Mt 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

The Pharisees were entitled to think and to say Christ did miracles by the Prince of Devils, but that didn't mean their opinions weren't delusional and they weren't blatantly rejecting the truth.

Does that make us inarticulate, stupid, and a believer of lies?

Honestly? Pretty much. The Biblical word is foolish and not stupid, but pretty much it's the same thing.

Pr 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

I don't think so.

No deceived person ever does. Do you think that king Herod, the Pharisees or the Priests thought they were foolish and believing what was a lie? No, because they were self-righteous and self-justifying.

Pr 16:2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

As Tony Warren said. The nature of deception is that you don't know that you are deceived. Do you think these Christians supporting Trump think they are doing so unrighteously? No, they think they are doing God service and doing the world a favor. As if God has lost control and they have to step in to make things right again by political means. That's a delusion. As if God puts Christian righteousness on hold for a spell for the sake of Republican politics. That's a delusion.

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice

Reformer!   What has gotten into you tonight?  Preach Brother, I like it! )Bible-Red(

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians

Reformer!   What has gotten into you tonight?  Preach Brother, I like it! )Bible-Red(

)iagree( Glad I'm not the only one who knows the difference between those seeking truth as Christians and those seeking justification as Christians.  I don't even recognize the virtue of the Republican party anymore. Does acting like a Christian and standing for Christian values even matter anymore? I'm not sure the word isn't just a title with most.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Amen Reformer. 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Big Ben

• Always Running The race
 )ditto(

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
Articulate, Intelligent, Truth or Inarticulate, Stupid, Lies - You Decide!

Reformer, I've decided and I agree. Thank you for speaking in an articulate, intelligent and truthful way. I'm sure you'll be punished for it, but so are most Christians who stand for truth. So sick of Christians catching heat for being hypocrites, which for the most part they most certainly are with regards to this man. I just want to grab them by the arms and shake them out of their delusion. But we all know it doesn't work that way. Say a prayer for them that God might shake them.
Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

aquatic

I’d rather support Trump than constantly bash him like everyone else. I think generally, it’s a good idea  to support someone, if the majority of the population hates that person. The media hates him. The majority of politicians hate him. The majority of the country and world hates him.

Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you!

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
aquatic, politics in Christianity should have nothing to do with what is the truth. What's true when one side does it, is equally true when another side does the exact same thing. Christ is always on the side of truth, never on the side of lies. Christians stand with Christ, not with a political narrative.

You think Christ would stand with the Democratic Party?

Did I say that or like trump are you deflecting? The Scribes and the Pharisees were two competing parties, now you tell me which did Christ stand with? Neither, he stood with the truth. Because they both were unrighteous. Case closed. Your point is silly.

No, he'd be standing with our President and conservatism.

Blasphemy. God would never stand with Trump, and neither would his Disciples.

He'd be speaking against minorities running the government, allowing criminals and immigrants to enter and take over?

Blasphemy. God never speaks against minorities, because the Christians are a minority and Christ stands with them always. As for immigrants, that would be your fathers. The native Americans are the only people who are not here from immigrants.

He'd be against the antisemitism of the Reformed right, and those who hate Israel.

None of us hate Israel (well, maybe one) and the Reformed church is for all nations, races, creeds, and people. That's why we say the things we do and why we preach the good news of redemption to Israel as well as the whole world. It's because of love, something people like you, evangelicals and Trump know nothing about.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
Sometimes you have to put up with a man like the President to get things done. The President is not perfect, but neither are you.

"Put up with a man like Trump?"
It seems that you actually do know that he is unrighteous, don't you? Well that's something I guess. Better than some (who will remain nameless) who are the leaders of the trump cult. At least you recognize that he's not of God.

I don't care about his indiscretions, I care about America.

Obviously you don't care about Christian law, integrity and morality. You and at least 80 percent of the reprobate Republican party. But I do care about his indiscretions and divisiveness because they are a bad example for our children, politics, the nation, church, state and society in general. The only way for America not to recognize truth anymore is Christians to turn their head away from it. Right now, we're there.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]