[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Four Angels of Revelation 7 and Revelation 9: Are they same?  (Read 714 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)

Revelation 7:1-3 KJV
[1]  And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
[2]  And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
[3]  Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:13-15 KJV
[13]  And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,
[14]  Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
[15]  And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

I have read Tony Warren's Revelation 7 study. And it does seem that God was talking about the four angels in Revelation 7 and 9 being the same.  The four angels represent human messengers with the Spirit of Antichrist (winds) that was restrained by God until He have finished building His Church with Elect being sealed. According to Revelation 9, they are instructed to only hurt those that was not sealed by God as a judgment.

I have some questions. Once the four angels loosed (or blow the wind), are they strictly false prophets and christs of the congregation that they focus their attack on church with their false doctrines?

Luke 21:25-27 KJV
[25]  And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
[26] Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
[27] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Was Luke talking about the chaos in the world because of the kingdom representative was taken from the Church like God did with Old testament Congregation when Christ went to the Cross.  Whose hearts failing them for fear exactly?  Do you feel we are witnessing today in this nation and the world with all the spiritual insanity going on lately?  If it is true, I do not think we have much time on earth because verse 27 says, "AND THEN, shall they see the Son of Man coming in a cloud..."  and Jesus explained:

Luke 21:28 KJV
[28]  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Wow.

What do you think about this?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dan

• Dan the Man
Re: Four Angels of Revelation 7 and Revelation 9: Are they same?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:08:57 PM »

)Question_(  You asked what we think, I'll tell you. I think you should start reading Professor John Walvoord, former  President of Dallas Theological Seminary and expert respected scholar of eschatology, instead of Spiritualist Tony Warren.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »
You asked what we think, I'll tell you. I think you should start reading Professor John Walvoord...

Stop.

This will never happen. Most of us will not read his book since his, as well as your, doctrine has been refuted many times here.  We have the Bible as our the authority, not the book of Walvoord, not the article of Tony Warren, not a comment of mine. I started this thread to discuss Bible perspective of Revelation and Luke and wondering if what Luke was writing is happening today. 

Thank you.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 02:52:57 AM »

I have read Tony Warren's Revelation 7 study. And it does seem that God was talking about the four angels in Revelation 7 and 9 being the same.  The four angels represent human messengers with the Spirit of Antichrist (winds) that was restrained by God until He have finished building His Church with Elect being sealed. According to Revelation 9, they are instructed to only hurt those that was not sealed by God as a judgment.

That's interesting Erik. So if the messengers being restrained were evil men and not angels, and they couldn't be loosed upon the world until the church was completed, does that mean that it was the spirit of God restraining them? I ask because in his 2nd Thessalonians study, he says the spirit of Christ was restraining wickedness in the world and would be taken away. Does that mean the 4 messengers were restrained by the spirit of Christ? And at some point, it is taken away that the man of sin is revealed? It's an interesting idea.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:31:06 AM »
Quote from: Reformed Baptist
So if the messengers being restrained were evil men and not angels, and they couldn't be loosed upon the world until the church was completed, does that mean that it was the spirit of God restraining them? I ask because in his 2nd Thessalonians study, he says the spirit of Christ was restraining wickedness in the world and would be taken away. Does that mean the 4 messengers were restrained by the spirit of Christ? And at some point, it is taken away that the man of sin is revealed? It's an interesting idea.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV
[7]  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Yes, it is the Holy Spirit that works through Two Witnesses with power.

Revelation 11:3 KJV
[3]  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Luke 10:19 KJV
[19]  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Acts 1:8 KJV
[8]  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

The mystery of iniquity is already at work in the church since the Cross but was mostly restrained until God finish sealing all of His People through the testimony of Two Witnesses. 

Revelation 7:1-3 KJV
[1]  And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
[2]  And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
[3]  Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Once all of God's servants are secured, the restraining power of the Holy Spirit has been taken out of the way so that the men with the spirit of antichrist be revealed. In other words, the iniquity has increased exponentially when God gave Satan and his wicked men the power to overcome and silence the truthful testimony in the church.

Revelation 11:7 KJV
[7]  And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Revelation 13:5-7 KJV
[5]  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
[6]  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
[7]  And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 17:12-13 KJV
[12]  And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
[13]  These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Revelation 9:2-4 KJV
[2]  And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
[3]  And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
[4]  And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

God's Elect are already secured who will still have the power of the Holy Spirit within themselves so they will not be hurt by the judgment of the locusts (ie. "hurt not the oil and the wine, Revelation 6:6).  And God is giving the power to Satan (and his 4 messengers) to overcome the truthful testimony of Two Witnesses for a purpose to deceive and judge those people without the seal of God with their lying signs and wonders (blasphemies coming out of their mouth). The word coming out of their mouths is power. 

Revelation 16:12-16 KJV
[12]  And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
[13]  And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
[14]  For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
[15]  Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
[16]  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

I personally believe that the great river Euphrates here, where the four angels of Revelation 7 can be found, is the bottomless pit which is a spiritual border protected by the Holy Spirit between them and God's congregation. The water (Holy Spirit) that protects the border was dried up or taken out of the way so two things can occur. First the mouths of the enemies will be unleashed and unrestrained in the congregation of God where the blasphemes can be heard against God and His Saints.  Second,  this is when God's Elect as the kings of the east are prepared by God to FLEE from His Judgment of His Congregation (Babylon the Great) just like God did with His faithful Jews to flee from the judgment of the Old Testament Congregation, Zechariah 14:4-5.  Armageddon is a spiritual battle right in the congregation of God. Not the Middle East.

That is my understanding and hope it may help.

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »
I personally believe that the great river Euphrates here, where the four angels of Revelation 7 can be found, is the bottomless pit which is a spiritual border protected by the Holy Spirit between them and God's congregation. The water (Holy Spirit) that protects the border was dried up or taken out of the way so two things can occur. First the mouths of the enemies will be unleashed and unrestrained in the congregation of God where the blasphemes can be heard against God and His Saints. 

It's also biblical that in the Old Testament the river Euphrates was the border that separated Israel from the nations around her. That could have spiritual meaning of the river being dried up as showing that at this time there is no more border between them and the nations of the world come up into Israel.

What do you think?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]