[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is President Trump really born again Christian?  (Read 847 times)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
Re: Is President Trump really born again Christian?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 01:08:56 AM »
Does it really matter whether Donald John Trump is a born-again Christian?

Not to the self-serving self-justifying, self-righteous, no.  But let's see. Since he claims not only to be a Christian, but a Presbyterian Christian, and since countless professing Christians of every denomination cultishly enable and support his immorality and lawlessness no matter what he says or does, I would say yes, it does matter. It matters just as much as if Osama Bin Laden said that He was a Christian. Using Christ's name matters. But only to real Christians who see the division that he causes between Christians, and who can distinguish between good and evil, right and wrong, the flesh and the spirit.

Ro 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

That means you, assuming that you are a Christian. Because it is absolutely a fact that this man, by good words and fair speeches deceives the hearts of the simple. And trust me, there are a lot of resentful, simple minded, evil justifying, professing Christians.

If he is not at present, does that mean God cannot use him, in that office?

Irrelevant to this thread. The question of this thread is, "Is President Trump Really A Born Again Christian" and not "Can God use President Trump, Putin of Russia or the Ayatollah of Iran in their Political Office."

Has anyone ever heard of modern day prophets ... such as Kim Clement?

You mean false prophet Kim Clement of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), the prosperity gospeli minister who said Pope Francis was "God's Chosen?" Yeah, we've heard of many great deceivers in our time. Truly a dangerous false prophet who has deceived nearly as many professing Christians as Trump has.

He is gone (deceased) now, but he predicted that Trump's Presidency, I think at first in 2007, then again in 2014.  How do you suppose he got that right?

The question is, how do you think he got that right?

Do a search on youtube for: kim clement donald trump if you want to hear any of those predictions from the past.

No thanks, the Bible has enough real prophecies to hold my attention, I don't need to listen to reprobate musicians promoting strong delusion.

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
Re: Is President Trump really born again Christian?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 05:26:33 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of modern day prophets ... such as Kim Clement? 

This is not that type of website Sover. We don't believe in those who miraculously reveal God's will in signs and wonders like the TV preachers. As for your question if it matters if Trump is a Christian. I would agree with Reformer. If he claims to be one of us, then yes it matters.

1 John 4:1
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

Do not go gently into that good dark night. Cause it ain't good.

Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]