[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Salvation  (Read 1307 times)

Curtis

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Salvation
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 07:02:47 AM »
This being said, your understanding of Matthew 24:21,22 is without biblical support. If God does not shorten those days, TRUE BIBLICAL understanding would be lost and we are almost at that point even as we speak.

You're talking in circles. If God does not shorten the days none would be saved is wrong because if God did not shorten the days true biblical understanding would be lost?  Confusing )S_Confused(

Coming to repentance is not the same as coming to a true understanding of biblical doctrine

Only those coming to repentance will come to a true understanding of biblical doctrine. All the rest will never understand. So you're wrong again.

John 8:43
"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word."

It takes repentance to come to true biblical understanding.

II Timothy 3:7
"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Curtis

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 07:09:34 AM »
I will labor by God's help not to judge too severely those of other faith

Other faiths by definition are gospels of a fiath other than the faith of Christ. This is part of the problem in the church today. The unwillingness to say any faith or any doctrine other than that of Christ is by definition false.

Galatian 1:8-9
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

How we have fallen away from the true word.

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 08:03:17 AM »
You're talking in circles. If God does not shorten the days none would be saved is wrong because if God did not shorten the days true biblical understanding would be lost?  Confusing )
Curtis, have you consider that John 8:43 just may be speaking of you? If not, you at least should consider it.
Quote from: Curtis Reply #30 on: Today at 07:02:47 AM
It takes repentance to come to true biblical understanding.
That statement is true, yet not all of God's children....actually, I should say, MOST of God's children truth comes very slowly to them and that over a period of time, even a lifetime! Consider the apostles as a prime example of this. Selah! Even the great apostle Peter, had to be rebuked for his lack of faith in the true gospel of Jesus Christ by Paul. We will never reach a point where we do not need to be corrected on bible doctrine, never even the very best of what is now left in this world will yet be corrected. IF they have a teachable spirit and a desire to teach only what is the truth as it is in Jesus Christ.
II Timothy 3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
To a certain sense this is true of all of us, in an absolute sense it is true of false prophets. Sad, but true.
Other faiths by definition are gospels of a faith other than the faith of Christ.
That sounds too much like Catholicism speaking! Not sure exactly what you mean by that statement. I would expect to hear that such a statement coming from them.
The unwillingness to say any faith or any doctrine other than that of Christ is by definition false.
Curtis, actually false teachers do say that if someone exposes their gospel as another gospel~ that's their come back generally and especially so if one truly exposes their gospel as another gospel.
How we have fallen away from the true word.
This is true, THEREBY, we should try the spirit to see if they are of God or not using only the word of God to test every person by. As we do this, we will find MOST care little about the truth, some will, and even they may refuse what you have to say~so each person should be as  C. H. Spurgeon once said: "Christians should hold fast what they have been taught with one hand tightly close, with the other hand OPEN WIDE to hear what they may not have believed in as truth, yet could be a truth that they have never seen"~ I've tried to live by this standard and by God's help shall continue to live by this.
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 10:47:01 AM »
You're Other faiths by definition are gospels of a faith other than the faith of Christ.
That sounds too much like Catholicism speaking! Not sure exactly what you mean by that statement. I would expect to hear that such a statement coming from them.

What do you mean you're not exactly sure what he meant. Did he not provide you with scriptures? Do not other gospels and other doctrines not mean other doctrines and other gospels? You seem to do this a lot. Ignore the scriptures Christians give you and then claim you don't understand what they mean. I think he meant what he said, that you are talking in circles.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Ga 1:8-9"

What you apparently mean is that you don't want to accept what God's word said about other gospels. Gospels of works and gospels of grace are two different gospels. The Roman Catholic gospel is one of works by any definition. Including their own words of how to be saved. But apparently you reject God's word concerning that if by works it cannot be by grace.

And please, don't say you don't know what I mean. Of course you do.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 10:48:03 AM »
Other faiths by definition are gospels of a fiath other than the faith of Christ. This is part of the problem in the church today. The unwillingness to say any faith or any doctrine other than that of Christ is by definition false.

)Goodpoint(   )God-Bless-You(

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 12:49:06 PM »
Quote from: Red
Greetings Erik, Complicated? I'm understanding it in the CONTEXT in which it is given.

Erik I FULLY agree with you up until these words:

Yes, you still making verse 22 more complicated than what it actually talks about.  Like people have said about you: you are talking in circle! I rest my case.

If God does not shorten those days, TRUE BIBLICAL understanding would be lost and we are almost at that point even as we speak. Coming to repentance is not the same as coming to a true understanding of biblical doctrine, there's a big difference between the two of them as we all can sadly testify.

Huh?! Are you suggesting that God needs to shorten those days so that the "True Biblical Understanding would be preserved?"  Okay, you have lost it.

I am done talking with you, Red. Your past posts on several subjects including this, you often have gone to the left field by denying or re-interpret the Scripture to fit your private opinions.  Your credential here is falling that I decided to put you on ignore list.

Take care!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 01:21:05 PM »
Red went wrong when he forsook truth and integrity for Republican politics and started to agree with the group of Dan, George, Drew, and Aquatic on political conviction no matter what scripture says. His union with the Trump cult, journey into annihilationism, inclusion of Roman Catholicism into the church of Christ, and failure to be Berean-like in dealing with witnesses to God's word, I believe is just a symptom of the greater problem of being headstrong without sober thinking. None of us denies the salvation process, but that is not the point. The point he is making doesn't hold up under scrutiny, just like his point about the parable of Lazarus. The parable actually contradicts his point, but he's stubborn and will not accept the conclusions one must clearly draw from it.

Mark 13:19
"For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days."

Pretty straight forward I'd say. Pretty terrible time. And except the Lord shorten those days, there would be no one saved. Because if it were allowed to continue all the elect would eventually die off and it would only be unsaved people on earth. No need to complicate this passage Red, it speaks for itself.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 03:36:29 PM »
Your credential here is falling that I decided to put you on ignore list.
Erik, probably wise on your part since you have no biblically answers. I provided much more than you did to which you never responded.
Quote from: Red on: Today at 06:08:13 AM
What difference does it make what is being preached as far as men being BORN OF GOD? The new birth is NOT of the will of the flesh~or, our part in regeneration~nor is it by the will of man, that is, the man's power, or willing someone to be born again~in other words, no man is born THROUGH man's ability and power to present the gospel to another person IN ORDER for them to be born again~according to John the apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ. So, the last days in this world regardless of how evil and corrupt man's preaching is, it plays NO PART in another person being born AGAIN~the new birth is by God's Spirit ALONE without the means of anyone!

That being said, our conversion to the truth DEPENDS on us having faith that that faith comes by HEARING and hearing by THE WORD of God which will be very scarce in that day! Regeneration is a work of God apart from our faith, which no unregenerate man has or can have apart from FIRST being born of God!

This being said, your understanding of Matthew 24:21,22 is without biblical support. If God does not shorten those days, TRUE BIBLICAL understanding would be lost and we are almost at that point even as we speak. Coming to repentance is not the same as coming to a true understanding of biblical doctrine, there's a big difference between the two of them as we all can sadly testify.
Quote from: ZeroCool Reply #33 on: Today at 10:47:01 AM
What do you mean you're not exactly sure what he meant.
Without surmising it was not that clear~I was trying to be kind without being overly critical~something you folks need to learn~the scriptures said IN MEEKNESS we are to instruct, not with a spirit of spiritual arrogance.
Quote from:  ZeroCool Reply #33 on: Today at 10:47:01 AM
Did he not provide you with scriptures? Do not other gospels and other doctrines not mean other doctrines and other gospels?
He quoted Galatians 1:8,9 without going into the scriptures, so really not very much to know what he would consider another gospel. Besides, what may be another gospel to him and what he believes~ to another man BOTH may be another gospel, which most likely is the case. That DOES NOT mean that neither is NOT a child of God, but that BOTH may need to be converted more perfectly to the truth just as Apollos was by Aquilla and Priscilla.
1st Corinthians 18:24-26~"And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly."
This should be the only reason why we all are here on any Christian forum to learn and to help others to learn.
What you apparently mean is that you don't want to accept what God's word said about other gospels.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. I have written several articles defending free justification by grace only through the faith, obedience, and righteousness of Jesus Christ apart from all works whereby man has an active part in! If you like to test me, then, by all means, do so, and then we shall see who truly loves the gospel that Paul preached and we are called to defend!
Gospels of works and gospels of grace are two different gospels.
I'm pretty sure that I know that a little better than you do, but one way to find out is to test me. Better yet I'll test you: Please give me a brief synopsis of Romans 4 and then explain Romans 5:1 in light of Romans 4! Pretty sure I'm asking more than you are capable of doing scripturally~ if not, then I will apologize to you. If you just get close I will.
The Roman Catholic gospel is one of works by any definition
It certainly is, and so are many others just not as boldly taught.
But apparently you reject God's word concerning that if by works it cannot be by grace.
You have no clue as to what I truly believe~I'll give you a hint~I believe God alone regenerates elect sinners by himself. Regeneration can take place while we are in our mother's womb, or, upon her breast, or while one is sleeping, and a hundred more ways one could be doing, or not doing. Man is dead in trespasses and sins and God DOES NOT need the sinner's help in quickening him from being dead in sins to life in Jesus Christ, neither does God need any help whatsoever including the written word of God, SINCE MAN IS DEAD and without any spiritual strength. The word of God DOES NOT BRING life to the sinner, it ONLY manifests where there IS LIFE!
Quote from: Paul's gospel
2nd Timothy 1:9,10~"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:"
The gospel does NOT bring life as most believe it ONLY brings TO LIGHT where there is spiritual life given FREELY by God's grace to the elect sinner! The purpose of the gospel is NOT to give spiritual life to dead sinners but was given to SAVE them THAT BELIEVE, that is, to save them with true biblical understanding of what is THE TRUTH as it is in Jesus Christ. This is exactly what Paul said in Romans 1;16,17.
Quote from: Paul's gospel said
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
The gospel is the power of God ONLY to believers, not to the non-elect, to them it is pure foolishness! Truth can ONLY be revealed from a man that has faith to another man that has faith per Romans 1:17~ the same truth is also taught in 1st Corinthians 1:17-31! So, one must be born of the Spirit of God FIRST before they are able to see, and understand and believe, which they can with the new man living in them that has been renewed in knowledge and true wisdom after God's image in which Adam was created, but lost through disobedience.
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 04:07:32 PM »
Quote from: Philly Dawg
Mark 13:19"For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days."

Pretty straight forward I'd say. Pretty terrible time. And except the Lord shorten those days, there would be no one saved. Because if it were allowed to continue all the elect would eventually die off and it would only be unsaved people on earth. No need to complicate this passage Red, it speaks for itself.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Puritan Heart

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2020, 04:34:14 AM »
Quote from: Philly Dawg
Mark 13:19"For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days."

Well well, I daresay that a true Follower of Christ cares little for the empty flattery of the world... even their adulation and congratulations are vile and steeped in thug-life.  So like you Erik .... sad, but it is you who reveals from the abundance of your heart, just who you really are and thereby, who you serve. 

That you have knowledge on certain issues is abundantly clear, but that this has never reached your soul to make it tender like the Saviour whom you purport to follow and serve, is beyond any shadow of doubt, crystal clear for any and all who have eyes to read, and a mind to comprehend.

May God have mercy upon you.

In Christ
Alexandra
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Nina

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 05:32:49 AM »
Your credential here is falling that I decided to put you on ignore list.
Erik, probably wise on your part since you have no biblically answers. I provided much more than you did to which you never responded.

The pot calling the kettle black. Unbelievable!!!

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 07:56:34 AM »
Well well, I daresay that a true Follower of Christ cares little for the empty flattery of the world.

That's what we've been telling Red, but he flatters himself by ignoring scriptures, placing his own convictions ahead of God's word, preaching the faith of annihilation, justifying lawlessness, rejecting the plain sense of scripture, refusing to address biblical questions or give a biblical defence (1Pe 3:15), and blindly supporting the antichrist racist, God-hating leader residing in the Black House. So may God have mercy upon all of us who ignore the truth, especially you.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]