[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why No Outrage When Muslims are the Victims of Terrorism?  (Read 526 times)

Beechwood

• Fishers of Men
Why No Outrage When Muslims are the Victims of Terrorism?
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:10:18 PM »

Why is there no Christian outrage for the terrorism in New Zealand? When there are terrorist attacks on whites there is always this great outrage by Christians. When it's against whites I read at least 50 articles instantly by Christians on how terrible it is and their personal reasons for it, which are usually ridiculous. But when Muslims are attacked, or like last week when the plot by a Trump supporter to kill the Democrats is uncovered, there is this literal eerie silence in the church about it. Are Christians selectively outraged by plots of murder? It sure seems so. I'm curious if you think this a flaw in Christians or is selective outrage justified by world circumstances?

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
Re: Why No Outrage When Muslims are the Victims of Terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »
Why is there no Christian outrage for the terrorism in New Zealand?

Because those people aren't "like us" in the minds of false Christians. Because Muslim lives don't matter for some Christians since they're seen as against Christianity. Never mind that most people are against Christianity. Heck, Christians are against Christianity if you read this forum long enough. Bottom line, everyone has their own agenda and their own bias. Especially those calling themselves Christians, I'm sorry to say.

When there are terrorist attacks on whites there is always this great outrage by Christians. When it's against whites I read at least 50 articles instantly by Christians on how terrible it is and their personal reasons for it, which are usually ridiculous. But when Muslims are attacked, or like last week when the plot by a Trump supporter to kill the Democrats is uncovered, there is this literal eerie silence in the church about it.

I'll say it again, everyone has their own personal bias. Some Christians are outraged at divorce and some Christians aren't. What are you gonna do, that's life. I'm as outraged about the murders in New Zeland by white nationals as I was about the murders in the church here, in schools here, the murder of cops here, the murder in Charlottesville or the plot uncovered of the attempted murders of liberals by that Coast Guard officer. Some Christians think one murder (or anything else) is not as bad as another murder. Is it bias, yes. Some Christians justify anything and anyone (as we've seen demonstrated here) but I see every murder as the same murder. It's the same act under the same judgment, garnering my same outrage no matter who is plotting it.

Do I see some discrepancy among Christians when it comes to this? Sure, but as Reformer said, I don't think they were Christians anyway. And yes, that's my judgment. Like children who are playing house, some people are playing Christian but their fruits don't lead me to believe they are.

Are Christians selectively outraged by plots of murder? It sure seems so.

I don't think so. I think many people claiming to be Christian are selectively outraged. Yes, I do think that many who are actually Christians are somewhat biased, but all in all, not spouting the garbage we hear. No real Christian cares about the murder of one unbeliever, and not the other unbeliever based on race, heritage or nationality. That would be against the nature and spirit of a Christian.

I'm curious if you think this a flaw in Christians or is selective outrage justified by world circumstances?

There are flaws in all of us because we all sin in this body. But real Christians don't write off a group of people based on nationality. Those are the false Christians.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:53:32 PM »

Is there any wonder why we Republicans support a man like Trump? We're so sick of Democrats and bleeding heart liberals. Let me ask you a question Mr. Pilgrim. Did God have a bleeding heart for Muslims or is the bible wrong? Who drowned Pharaoh and the Egyptians in the sea? Or was that just a story?

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 07:09:20 AM »
God didn't drown them because they were Egyptians. False Christians who use scripture and racial epithets as a tool for hatred don't understand that. People who think Hitler was misunderstood and Trump will save America don't know that. People who think Democrats are more sinful than Republicans and Immigrants are un-American don't know that. Or that immigrants stole and built America in the first place. You, aquatic and George should educate yourself first, then you might have something useful and Christian to add to these discussions.
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »
Did God have a bleeding heart for Muslims or is the bible wrong? Who drowned Pharaoh and the Egyptians in the sea? Or was that just a story?
God didn't drown them because they were Egyptians. False Christians who use scripture and racial epithets as a tool for hatred don't understand that. People who think Hitler was misunderstood and Trump will save America don't know that. People who think Democrats are more sinful than Republicans and Immigrants are un-American don't know that.

&TY  These people are as far away from being Christlike as Judas was. They don't know the difference between political rhetoric and Christianity. They have this us against them mentality that blinds their minds to Christ and what true Christianity is. Very sad that they look at our Lord as being as radical far-right political as Trump and their cult is.

To Beechwood: the simple answer to your question is that they either just don't care or they pretend God did this because they were of another religion and were worse sinners than other unbelievers.

Luke 13:1-5
"There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

You are right. People who think Hitler was misunderstood, Trump will save America, and Democrats are more sinful than Republicans, don't understand anything about Christianity.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 05:38:50 AM »
Why is there no Christian outrage for the terrorism in New Zealand?

I'm outraged. But I do understand what you mean. I guess it all depends on whose Ox is being gored. I think there should be more Christian outrage about immoral dress and sexual promiscuity among professing Christians. I think there should be more outrage against the proliferation of women pastors. I think there should be more Christian outrage against the acceptance of homosexuality. And so I would ask you, outrage relative to what?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]