[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst  (Read 2233 times)

Puritan Heart

Re: The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
Philly Dawg,

My apologies for raising your ire, but methinks you are wrong on all accounts of your irracible accusations. 

However, I did say it was a *considerably more calm and intellectual perspective* ... a mind process obviously not familiar to yourself !!

Admin, please do feel free to move the post should you deem it essential.  I was not aware of an ownership to threads. by the poster, or for the lack of possibility to objection in worldviews.

Alexandra

PS.  Philly Dawg, I refrain from commenting further on your post relating to the infantile and rather asanine observations you make ... retraint on my part prefers to let folk listen and judge for themselves on that which I posted ! 
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2019, 08:07:00 PM »
Philly Dawg, I refrain from commenting further on your post relating to the infantile and rather asanine observations you make

It's Asinine. Me thinks your off-topic post has done more to prove the ignorance of the Trump cult than disprove it. Feel free to post your Whitewash Campaign ad in another thread. Preferably, entitled "Campaign Ad." The same for anyone wanting equal time by posting campaign ads for Bill Weld, Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2019, 12:25:22 AM »
Me thinks your off-topic post has done more to prove the ignorance of the Trump cult than disprove it.

)iagree( Very True. It's the old "all is right with the world, don't tell us of the wickedness." They don't say anything about the issue or that there isn't habitual lying, hypocrisy and unlawfulness, they just don't want to hear it. Sound at all familiar? It does to me. Let me refresh your memory.

Isa 30:9-10 "That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:"

In other words, don't tell us the truth, tell us what we want to hear. Give us Trump's deceit and sugary things that don't make us uncomfortable. So disturbing for Christians.

Feel free to post your Whitewash Campaign ad in another thread. Preferably, entitled "Campaign Ad." The same for anyone wanting equal time by posting campaign ads for Bill Weld, Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren.

I haven't seen anyone post one ad for a Democrat, only posts about the lies and distortions of this man. To me that is the difference between love of that man and the love of truth. Interesting that no Christians have denied his habitual lying. Probably because it's undeniable. They just don't want to know about them. Appropriate in a thread about cult love. Hmmmmmmm.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2019, 01:11:12 AM »
Greetings all,

A considerably more calm and intellectual perspective.  Courteous comments will be appreciated.

Wow! Sorry but intelligent is not the word I would use for blind Trump supporters. That video was a very obvious sugar coating of the very dark times of this Presidency. That's like looking at the Devil and saying he has very decorative horns, a nice bright red color and can take us to the mountain top, give us the world, and neglect to mention that he is the Devil. That's so dishonest.

Much like aquatic attempting to sugar coat Hitler as misunderstood, and Trump the White Nationalists as very fine people, and Sarah Sanders making up lies to cover up her lies about lie, and on and on. This is a case of brainwashing greater than that found in North Korea. I fear that the spiritual insanity that has griped this world has the church in its grasp as well. There's no other explanation for this religious madness and irrational infactuation with Trump.

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2019, 03:08:38 AM »
Philly Dawg,

My apologies for raising your ire, but methinks you are wrong on all accounts of your irracible accusations. 

Actually he's not wrong. Your post had nothing whatsoever to do with a cult or idolatry of trump.  But you already knew that. He's actually the one who is right in saying that you can start any thread that you want. Start a "I love trump" or a "Trump in 2020" thread and all of you can give all the reasons why you idolize this man. But it's inappropriate in this thread. Unless you are attempting to prove that idolatry and blind allegiance to liars is not an example of a cult? Then it would be fine. But that's not what you did.

Second, for the record, just because you and your friends don't believe something, doesn't mean that it is not true. If you think it's not true, why not show evidence what Philly Dawg posts is not true? Or that Trump isn't a habitual liar? Or that Mueller's report is just nonsense. ...Oh, You can't!  )S_Confused(

You can't and that is why you and the peanut gallery gets so annoyed. Don't know what you're trying to "prove," but why not enlighten us? Enough said.

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2019, 07:51:21 AM »
Wow! Sorry but intelligent is not the word I would use for blind Trump supporters. That video was a very obvious sugar coating of the very dark times of this Presidency. That's like looking at the Devil and saying he has very decorative horns, a nice bright red color and can take us to the mountain top, give us the world, and neglect to mention that he is the Devil. That's so dishonest.

That was a very good analogy Melanie. The great deceiver.  Like a Christian implying Hitler has some very fine qualities. How foolish.  :'(

Rose

• De 8:8 "A land of oil olive, and honey.."
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2019, 12:42:42 PM »

Greetings Halle,
   First of all, it is far to early for me to know who I am going to vote for in nearly 2 years down the road. But I can tell you who I am not going to vote for. 

I'm not going to vote for any woman to be head of this country.

So, that pretty much narrows the field down considerably.

Reformer, Why on earth would you say this?

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." - S.O.S. 2:1

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »
Did Sarah Sanders Live Up to Her Own Standard?

Only if the standard was no standard.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »
Dispickable Me! Trump

CNN's Don Lemon Reveals New Evidence

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2019, 01:46:05 AM »
The Trump Cult

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]