[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst  (Read 2232 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 11:05:30 AM »
I got an angry response to cartoon from someone I know.  He wrote:

“Sorry, I dont agree with that cartoon at all! It implies that supporters of Trump do not believe in the 10 commandments when in reality the opposite is true. It is not the Trump supporters that are for abortion, same sex marriage, have taken ‘so help me God ‘ out of their oaths of office , removed the 10 commandments from court houses, and failed to properly condemn those against Israel. It is the Democratic party, and I don’t know anybody who truly worships Trump . They may not agree with everything he says or how he says it but with his policies as a whole. Whoever created this cartoon is a hypocrite who is on the side of the party who does the things I described above and wants to make Trump supporters look like people who reject Gods 10 commandments and commit Idolatry. Totally baseless and hateful and we know the source of hate.”

He sounds like Trump’s policy is more important to him than his moral compass? Thought?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 10:59:55 PM »
Sorry, I dont agree with that cartoon at all! It implies that supporters of Trump do not believe in the 10 commandments when in reality the opposite is true.

First, you can't reason with a Truimp cultist because they are not reasonable. Everything they say to you is geared to create a false dichotomy contrasting those who don't support Trump with unrighteousness. So don't think these people are in any way reasonable. With Trump it is the blind leading the blind.

Second, I don't believe that these excusers and justifiers of Trump do believe in the ten commandments. Otherwise, they wouldn't condone a man who breaks all ten of them. Or at least nine of them, and then they complain when the truth is portrayed in your cartoon illustrating this exact thing.

Name one commandment Trump hasn't broken? If you say one is "thou shalt not murder," please consider Mt 5:21-22 and think again. All the rest are undeniable to any reasonable person. So when they start talking to me about morality, I just list the 10 commandments and prove Trump is the poster boy for immorality. Of course they get angry. He is he man they so dearly love, respect, honor and worship.

The 10 Commandments

Thou shall have no other gods before Me.
Thou shall not make idols.
Thou shall not take the name of the LORD Thy God in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor Thy father and Thy mother.
Thou shall not murder.
Thou shall not commit adultery.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shall not covet.

Which one has Trump not broken?  The truth is that these enablers of this man worship him, making him representative of the golden calf, making that cartoon almost prophetic. They're just too stupid or deceived to realize it.

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 01:02:19 AM »
Whoever created this cartoon is a hypocrite

The pot calling the kettle black. Whoever wrote you this post is a hypocrite!

Whatever alleged Christian that is supporting Trump and his convoluted crazy actions is the true Hypocrite. Not those of us standing for an ordered world and righteousness. You won't hear real Christians saying we support Abortion, homosexuality, or are against God. That's a straw argument. A silly argument based on emotion not facts. Those of us here that are opposed to Trump are opposed because we know real immorality. And the real hypocrisy of thinking that Trump is any more moral than Obama. That's delusionary.  So who's the true Hypocrite here.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 09:22:51 AM »
James, you were one of the President's best supporters, now you are acting like a traitor to the Republican party.

So you're saying that anyone who has a God-given conscience and understands the root of wickedness and confusion in what Trump is doing, is a traitor because he doesn't just back Trump right or wrong?  If that's the case then I say you're as bad as the person messaging with Erik who can't see the beam in his own eye, only the splinter in another's eye.

Wouldn't that make me a traitor to Christ if I blindly accepted the unrighteousness of one for expediency, while vehemently opposing the same unrighteousness of the other? That is so contrary to the doctrines of Christ. We back any President in all things lawful but not in all things. That doctrine doesn't make anyone a traitor, except those declaring that it does. According to God's laws that all Christians should know, Chronic lying, contempt, cheating, treachery, adultery, hypocrisy, bribery, deceit, misrepresentation, rebellion against government laws, idolatry, lusts, divorce, unrighteous judgments, guile, narcissism, embezzlement or misrepresenting funds and so on, these are the actions that people that Christians cannot back. And that's just the short list of Trump. You didn't accept the immorality of President Clinton, but see no problem in accepting it now that your party is in office? That's the real hypocrisy of these Christians. If a Christian cannot see that there is no good or virtue in Donald Trump's life and actions, I unapologetically question his rebirth in Christ. Because it is just that obvious to anyone not spiritually blind.

You have to stand by your party no matter what because we're the only ones who are fighting the good fight in this world.

)Bible-Red( The Biblical definition of fighting the good fight is not backing Trump or any political party. But TV Christians are now confusing politics with Christianity, the world with the church, and that's so disturbing. This Christian won't stand by any party or individual, no matter what they do. That's the very definition of being brain washed as cult member. That is a system of religious veneration and devotion to a group regardless of its views, morality, agenda, honesty or hatred. This type of thinking brought us Nazi Germany. This Christian won't do that. If that's the type Christian you are, then you are where you belong. The type of Christian I am judges righteously and forsakes the unrighteousness of any group, no matter how they appear superficially on the outside. Christ didn't praise the Pharisees as closer to righteousness than the Sadducees, He condemned both because both were unrighteous. Neither group loved him and neither did his will, and both would be judged equally. You miss that because your eyes are not on Christ, but on the politics of this world.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
Whoever created this cartoon is a hypocrite who is on the side of the party who does the things I described above and wants to make Trump supporters look like people who reject Gods 10 commandments and commit Idolatry. Totally baseless and hateful and we know the source of hate.”

The source of hate is the father of lies who has inspired this hatred and violence around the world. The real people of hate are those who from their own mouths testify that they were inspired by Trump. That's not me saying I think that, it's from their own mouths and written messages. From David Duke, to the Nazi in Charlottesville, to the coast guard man who has been arrested for a massive murder plot against News people and Democrats, to the attack and murder of those 50 Muslims at the mosque. They all have this one thing in common. They all clearly say they were inspired by Trump. That's not fake news, that is their own testimony. It's not something I think happened, it's what they said. Their hatred and or actions were inspired by Trump. And that alone should be enough to give Christians pause, but so many are so deceived by Satan they can't put two and two together. What is Trump doing that is inspiring evil, and what is he doing that people don't care?

Erik, I think this is like the people of God who were delivered from Egypt and on their way to the promised land when they decided the bondage in Egypt didn't seem not so bad and they talked of going back. Was that rational? They rebelled against the Lord and they built this golden calf to worship demonstrating they were never truly people of God. They lusted after the bondage they were delivered from by Moses. Spiritually they were still dead and not truly Israel. That's what these so called Christians justifying the behavior of Trump remind me of. People who call themselves of God but who don't want to suffer the hardships of being the children of God.

Matt. 13:22 "He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."

People and who turn back towards Egypt or the world and its slave masters because of hardship are like those worshipping the golden calf. The world is the same place they were supposed to be delivered from and yet they want to be just like it.  Back to Egypt and the theology of the golden calf and spiritual bondage.  That is carnal.

Also, the fact they claim that those against Trump are against Israel points to most of them being evangelical or dispensationalist in theology where they don't even know or understand the 10 commandments or the gospel anyway. Did you notice that he was trying to make us seem like we were for abortion, same sex marriage, have taken ‘so help me God‘ out of their oaths of office, removed the 10 commandments from court houses, and failed to properly condemn those against Israel? How many here really fit that category he was trying to put us in? How many of us here are actually for any of those things? Not one of us. And so his attempt to make it seem that because we were against Trump's ungodly behavior, we were against God, was meant to place us in that liberal Godless group.  It's just something these people say to justify their worship of Trump. Just like aqautic continually does with his wild unjustified comments that are without any sense of reasoning these things out.

PS, I agree with Reformer. You cannot reason with such people because they have lost all reasoning power since they couldn't even see that you (and all of us) were against abortion and all these other things they keep bringing up, and are simply standing for what is consistent and agreeable with God. So how could his statement be true? His is a house built of sand. Yours is a house built upon the word of God. I'll stand in your house any day over theirs.

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »
 )head-smack(  So why is it that this is the only alleged conservative Christian site I know that feels this way about Trump? Tell me that  )Say_what(

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »

No Collusion!

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »

No Collusion!

Wrong. No evidence was found of collusion. There is a difference.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 03:15:51 PM »
)head-smack(  So why is it that this is the only alleged conservative Christian site I know that feels this way about Trump? Tell me that  )Say_what(

Perhaps because this site is called The Mountain Retreat. It has been a place where faithful, biblical Christians congregate for years and who for the most part stick with the Bible and don't fall into the trap of one-sided political rhetoric. It's a refuge for truth. We feel that what is good for the goose, is good for the gander. We don't pick sides or say stealing is more evil than embezzlement. Or like other sites scream Obama was wrong for going around Congress, but Trump is doing the right thing when he does it. Christians by nature don't like hypocrisy. We say when either side is right or wrong. We said Bush was wrong for his foray into Iraq, We said Clinton was wrong with his immorality with Monica, we said Obama was wrong with his abortion stance. But now this present President has taken vileness, chaos, deceit, greed, and evil to a whole different level. It's so sad.

What do we care if other conservative Christian sites don't care when it's their man who's doing wrong. We care no matter who it is.

Now a question for you David. Why do you keep coming here if you think we are so evil? Shouldn't you cast us away?

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2019, 02:10:33 AM »
Ha!  mountain retreat? What does that even mean? Is that short for Calvinists or part-catholics?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2019, 08:06:32 AM »
Ha!  mountain retreat? What does that even mean?

It means a Godly place of refuge from Christians like yourself who constantly attack true Christianity and biblical theology and eschatology. Who constantly say peace for Israel when there is no peace in your Israel. Who sell the truth for evil justifications and gain and who buy lies for political expediency. When you and your deliverer Trump stand before God, what will you have gained for all your dishonesty and deceit? A righteous America or the same evil world of sin.

Job 27:8 For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?

Is that short for Calvinists or part-catholics?

It's short for a place where the spirit of truth lives as a sanctuary for good people away from the face of short-sighted hypocrisy.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »
Perhaps because this site is called The Mountain Retreat. It has been a place where faithful, biblical Christians congregate for years and who for the most part stick with the Bible and don't fall into the trap of one-sided political rhetoric.

For the most part.  )God-Bless-You(

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 08:45:12 AM »

Good Point David. maybe because the liberals here hate the fact that under Trump abortions have declined and he's making America better. They hate that.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »
Good Point David. maybe because the liberals here hate the fact that under Trump abortions have declined and he's making America better. They hate that.

We're liberals and we hate that abortions have declined? Are you serious?

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19"

I know there are many in the church like you and some others here who are blind and confused and not only choose to believe the Trump lies, but who walk in that same path of distortion, dishonesty, and deceit. But to claim we want abortions is to stoop to a new low, even for you.

Your comment about Trump being responsible for a decline in abortions, and implication that any facts that say otherwise is fake news, is typical of this cult of personality. But for the record, and for any Christian interested in real truth, here is the 100 percent verifiable facts. The number of abortions in U.S. hit its historic low in 2015. And just in case you or some others actually desire truth (which I doubt), that was when President Obama was President.  :o

Imagine that! Yeah, that kinda throws your whole "Trump is responsible" mantra all out of kilter, doesn't it. Not that Obama was moral, that shows that the numbers have nothing whatsoever to do with who is President, it is other factors that are responsible. Factors like the world having greater access to unbiblical birth control in our day. This has led to a decrease in unintended pregnancies, especially among teens. I mean they are actually passing birth control out in certain schools. So there is less need for abortions now that immorality can come without consequence. I know you and guys like George, Aquatic and David actually loathe and hate hearing these actual truths that don't support the Trump lie, but you should try it sometime, you might like it. Just because kids now have access to, and are now educated enough not to get pregnant where they need an abortion, doesn't mean the world is more moral under Trump or that he is responsible for the decline in abortions. It just means that women can be immoral without immediate consequence or responsibility. 

The world is dying and there is nothing that you or your great Deliverer Trump can do about it. But I know your irrational mind can't wrap itself around those facts, so you can keep spouting that Trump propaganda that his love of morality (which he doesn't have) is responsible and that he will somehow defeat evil and make America Great. But that's strong delusion that is contrary to God's word.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2019, 12:56:36 PM »
Amen Melanie!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]