[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst  (Read 2235 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:06:21 AM »

The Trump Cult - Not just aquatic! - These People are Dangerous

Can You Spell Hypocrites? Spiritually Sick Minds Think Alike
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

George

• I'm a llama!
Re: The Trump Cult - Idolatry At Its Worst
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 05:32:09 AM »
Sometimes idolatry is not a bad thing. Custer was seen as a terrorist by the Indians, but a hero to Americans. The Israeli forces use to be called terrorists, now they are looked upon by most Christians as heroes and the Israelis the gold standard for military justice. So you want to call us cultists, go ahead. Better than being called liberals.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 08:00:30 AM »

The Trump Cult - Not just aquatic! - These People are Dangerous

Can You Spell Hypocrites? Spiritually Sick Minds Think Alike

From the beginning Philly said that electing this disturbed man Trump was very dangerous to Press, freedoms and democracy because words matter, and once again he is proven right. Not a single word from alleged evangelical Christians, Republicans or the talking heads on Fox either. How loud would the noise there be if this was a plot to kill Republicans and conservatives? I'm sorry, but Philly is right. These dispensational, evangelical, conservative and Reformed hypocrites who call themselves Christians are nothing of the sort. This is the age of conspiracies, Trumpism, hypocrisy and totalitarianism. The Trump system of government centralized in this man's whims, dictatorial and that requires complete subservience to the state. Proven by his getting rid of anyone who even slightly disagrees with him. Very much like Hitler did aquatic. You ought to read history instead of conspiracy theories.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 02:57:11 AM »
 )typing( Thanks Melanie. When you see the type of people at his rallies, their violent tendencies and hatred, and his whipping them up with rhetoric, you know what's coming. A lot of them are unstable to start with (as we've seen here), which is why they believe his lies. And so it doesn't take much to send them over the edge. Remember how the leaders of Israel hated Christ and with violence wanted him dead? I don't see much difference with this cult, do you? These clowns think that they are doing the lord's work because they are deceived by this cult leader.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Nikki

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 04:32:37 AM »
Philly Dawg might have been the first, but he's not the only one who recognizes a cult when they see or hear it!

The only thing missing from Trump’s authoritarian model is a cult of personality. Oh, wait.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/10/29/the-only-thing-missing-from-trumps-authoritarian-model-is-a-cult-of-personality-oh-wait/?utm_term=.e494a3c38724

Letter to the Editor: Evidence suggests Cult of Trump real

https://www.dailyrepublic.com/opinion/letters-editor/letter-to-the-editor-evidence-suggests-cult-of-trump-real/comment-page-1/

The Perils of the Trump Cult

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/opinion/the-perils-of-the-trump-cult.html

WGA East President Beau Willimon Blasts “Trump-Cult” In Wake Of Bomb Mailings; Networks On “High Alert”

https://deadline.com/2018/10/beau-willimon-pipe-bombs-donald-trump-criticism-twitter-1202488693/

Are Trump-Supporters Part of a Cult?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/12/are_trumpsupporters_part_of_a_cult.html

From Hurricanes to Height, Trump’s Cult Will Never Believe Their Lyin’ Eyes

https://progressive.org/dispatches/hurricanes-height-trump-lies-180914/

Escape From the Trump Cult

https://newrepublic.com/article/152638/escape-trump-cult

The Trump Cult?

A charismatic leader, mind control, and other telltale signs

https://medium.com/s/greatescape/the-trump-cult-73b6a0efd0ee

The Trump cult

Republican voters love the president for whom he hates

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2018/11/01/the-trump-cult

As a former member of an American cult, I know why so many white Christian women fervently support Trump

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-supporters-women-christian-white-cult-brett-kavanaugh-straight-inc-mel-sembler-a8653881.html

A Cult Expert Finds Familiar Patterns of Behavior in Trump's GOP
What do you call an organization where total loyalty to a charismatic but volatile leader is strictly enforced?

https://psmag.com/news/a-sociologist-explains-the-similarities-between-cults-and-trumps-gop

The Trump Cult
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/10/29/cult-trump

From George H.W. Bush’s Grand Old Party to Donald Trump’s Cult for Profit in Just Six Steps

https://www.thedailybeast.com/from-george-hw-bushs-grand-old-party-to-donald-trumps-cult-for-profit-in-just-six-steps

Omarosa is the latest defector from Trump's 'cult'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/opinions/omarosa-trump-cult-like-presidency-dantonio/index.html

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
Sometimes idolatry is not a bad thing.

Tell me again, you, aquatic and Drew are professing Christians, right?  )Say_what(  Or am I wrong?

The only man I idolize is Christ. Trump is the exact opposite of Christ, he is one hundred percent an antichrist. He is as far away from legitimate worship as any Christian can place him. Which says a lot about the horde of alleged Christians in his cult of personality.

The Israeli forces use to be called terrorists, now they are looked upon by most Christians as heroes and the Israelis the gold standard for military justice.

Yeah, we've heard it all before. And anyone who says different is antisemitic. Sure.

So you want to call us cultists, go ahead.

The dictionary defines what a cultist is, not I. It calls you a cultist. God calls such people idolators, the Bible calls them heretical groups or sects. Christ called them those who go after false Christs, Philly calls them stupid and foolish,  and I unabashedly call them ignorant imposters posing as Christians. Whatever anyone calls them, they are clearly dishonest with themselves and everyone around them.

I've had my fill of politics. I'm setting a personal moratorium on posting here for a while.

Maurice

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 01:41:30 AM »
From the beginning Philly said that electing this disturbed man Trump was very dangerous to Press, freedoms and democracy because words matter, and once again he is proven right.

Thank God for small victories, right :)

I will agree with Philly on one thing. There are A Lot of crazy conspiracy minded people in the church. But again, I have to ask, what does that say about a group who will have Hitler supporters as members, who says white Nationalists aren't all bad, and that a man like Donald Trump is better than Abraham Lincoln? What does that say about such a group. Don't you think that's a good question? Now I ask myself, would I want to be a member of such a group? You see where I'm coming from?  )thinker(

aquatic

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 06:54:10 AM »
Sometimes idolatry is not a bad thing.

Tell me again, you, aquatic and Drew are professing Christians, right?  )Say_what(  Or am I wrong?

Yes. I’m a Christian. Just because my political views are different doesn’t make me less of a Christian.
I am still your brother in Christ. Families are joined because of blood. Both the earthly and spiritual. Outside of that there’s not much of agreement.

So get use to me, because you will see me in eternity.

I think you and everyone else would have a different opinion of me in person. I will visit anyone here in the USA if I’m invited for fellowship. I expect a home cooked meal from traveling on the road.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 09:29:01 AM »
Yes. I’m a Christian. Just because my political views are different doesn’t make me less of a Christian.

This outcry you've caused has nothing to do with your political views, it has to do with this anti-Christian cult-like allegiance to a man who is obviously unbalanced, ungodly narcissistic, morally bankrupt, deceitfully detestable, unmitigatedly hypocritical, and a deliberate liar in a way that this world has never seen in written history. That's not politics at all, that's repugnant behavior to most Christians. My political views are probably almost as conservative as yours, except without the conspiracy nonsense, but I would be abandoning my Christian values if I were to blindly follow such a man. So don't claim this is all about politics, it's about preserving Christian values, rejecting cultism, holding to morality and integrity, and not about politics. 

That's a Red Herring.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »
I will agree with Philly on one thing. There are A Lot of crazy conspiracy minded people in the church.

Are there some poor examples and pitiful witnesses for Christ in the church? As I said before, there is no denying that. Both I and the Christ that I serve have already confessed that. We're not proud of that, it's just the simple fact of having to live in this sin cursed world. Let me quote you something that my Christ said that I think is relevant to this situation that you decry. And your reaction is understandable witnessing some of the things that have been said here. I ask only that you read and consider carefully what Christ said, and more importantly what he says about this group of seeds sown in the kingdom we call the church.

Mt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So you see, my Christ was not unaware that there would be tares sown among the good seed in the kingdom. You say it like it is something that cannot be in the church, but our Christ tells us that it is something that should be expected.

But again, I have to ask, what does that say about a group who will have Hitler supporters as members, who says white Nationalists aren't all bad, and that a man like Donald Trump is better than Abraham Lincoln? What does that say about such a group.

For one thing, this is a forum for everyone, it's not a church. You are an atheist and you're here and so I'm sure you understand that. No one has kicked you out of this group, have they? Because you haven't deliberately violated the rules. So being in this group isn't any evidence of being a member of an actual church, nor in good standing with Christ. Anyone can say they are a Christian here, even you. You're honest with yourself and admit that you are not. But if you said you were, no one would know the difference. Especially since the church is getting as bad as the world these days. Evidenced by even you seeing the hypocrisy of some here. But confession is not a requirement.

As for my personal opinion, no, I don't think anyone who supports Hitler, is an enabler, is a white National, an antisemite or a chronic liar and justifier, or any of the other noted despicable things, is a true Christian. Not because I don't believe so, but because our Christ said so. We don't define our own good, Christ does.

Lu 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which 46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

We follow Christ who himself says not all in the church calling him lord is the good seed, nor will they be in heaven with him. That's what you are missing and I've tried to explain. Anyone can say they are Christian, but anyone cannoit be a Christian. For many are called but few are chosen.

Don't you think that's a good question?

Yes. And the god we follow answers that question. If you'll hear him above the rhetoric here.

Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From this scripture, I don't believe my God knows those who are racists, hypocrites, dishonest, idolators, dividers, liars, supporters of a kinder gentler Hitler or who undermines integrity, etc., and I don't believe that they know him either. And despite the many professions that comes out of their mouths, I don't believe that. Did you ever read God extolling the virtues of Pharaoh, Jezebel, the Philistines, Herod, Judas or the people who hated him? It doesn't happen because these men are evil with murder in their hearts. I say this not because I am judgemental, but because my god says we will know them by their fruits. So, just because we are in the same forum and call ourselves by the same name doesn't mean we are the same. The divisiveness of politics and fear is never of the fruit of the god I love.

Now I ask myself, would I want to be a member of such a group? You see where I'm coming from?  )thinker(

I'm a reasonable person and so yes, I see where you are coming from. But you can't judge a group by one person. Or two. A tree is known by its fruits. For example, a few years ago there use to be a guy here named Dan Webster, and to read his posts over the couple years he was here, you would have thought that he was a good Christian. Because he had many great insights into scripture, eschatology, the church and reformed theology. But after a few years he ultimately closed down his website, abandoned Christianity all together and went off to the east to study spiritualism. He wasn't a hypocrite and a Christian, he just posed as a Christian for a while, but his true nature caught up with him.

The moral of that story is that a tree is known by its fruits. All that glitters is not gold, and seeds may endure for a while but ultimately their true nature wins out and their fruit is seen to be corrupt. You can't tell just by reading someone for a while, or accepting what they say about Christ as heart felt, or them saying Lord, Lord every chance they get. It's what comes out of their mouths. It's their fruits or doctrines. If idolatry, bigotry, resentment, fear and race-baiting, it's a pretty good bet that they are not spiritual but natural men, and imposters to having the spirit of Christ. Because those things are contrary to followers of Christ.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »
 )GoodPopst(
Spoken like a "real" Christian.  )God-Bless-You(

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »
I thought something interesting here.  I see the same pattern between Trump and his base and the church.   

Trump is a charismatic and arrogance leader who pretend to know God is selling his “America First” or “Make America Great Again” policy to his base.  Trump gave his MAGA policy a life by making verbal attacks on many issues to promote his agenda.  His followers wondered after him and received red hats to show their loyalties. And they also attack those who disagree with Trump and his agenda. They called the media a piece of fake news, and exchange their belief and opinions with others to solidify their position.

In God’s congregation, many false prophets and christs, as a beast, are coming in as charismatic pastors who pretend to know God are selling their deceptive doctrines that promotes prosperity, tolerates homosexuality, positive gospel, “God loves everyone”, physical healings etc. to their congregation. They gave the image of the beast a life that winks at their sins and it speaks to the deceived congregation to attack the faithful witnesses.  The deceived brought beast’s doctrines and have received a mark of the beast to show their loyalties with the same mind and will.  And they are attacking and silence the truthful testimony of God’s people who have tormented them with Gospel.  They now can exchange false doctrines with others as they please to promote growth in their church and turn it into some sort of Six Flags over Jesus with nightclub types of equipment and entertainment.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 12:58:42 AM »
Erik, I also noticed a similar correlation between brainwashed people following leaders in the church and the brainwashed people following political leaders. Like Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Pat Robinson, John Hagee, Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen and those backing Trump. The same snake oil salesmen. And is there any more strong delusion than what we see in this era of politics? So when you said that, I immediately thought the same thing. Cults are not always religious, are they? Except they just might be if there is idolatry involved.  :'(

Sojourner

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 05:21:04 AM »
A tree is known by its fruits. For example, a few years ago there use to be a guy here named Dan Webster, and to read his posts over the couple years he was here, you would have thought that he was a good Christian. Because he had many great insights into scripture, eschatology, the church and reformed theology. But after a few years he ultimately closed down his website, abandoned Christianity all together and went off to the east to study spiritualism. He wasn't a hypocrite and a Christian, he just posed as a Christian for a while, but his true nature caught up with him.

I remember Dan. Didn't he write those great studies on Babylon? Is he still apostate?

matt205

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 04:52:17 AM »
But after a few years he ultimately closed down his website, abandoned Christianity all together and went off to the east to study spiritualism.
I remember Dan. Didn't he write those great studies on Babylon? Is he still apostate?

Is this really true? I didn't know he changed to from Christianity? Was he a Pastor? Tell me this is not fake news.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]