[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Faith Cometh By Hearing (spiritually)  (Read 7562 times)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
Re: Faith Cometh By Hearing (spiritually)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »
)thinker(  OK, I follow you.

Faith couldn't come by simply hearing physically, because if it did everyone would have faith. Faith is a gift of God. A unmerited favor God bestows upon the elect. The Bible strengthens our faith, not authors it.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2"

There is the author of our faith, not the written word, but the Living Word.

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »
Faith couldn't come by simply hearing physically, because if it did everyone would have faith. Faith is a gift of God. A unmerited favor God bestows upon the elect. The Bible strengthens our faith, not authors it.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2"

)Bible-Red(   )GoodPopst(  You can't hear without Christ.
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2018, 06:38:21 AM »

)Bible-Red(   )GoodPopst(  You can't hear without Christ.

)word(
Re 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Because not everyone has an ear to hear.

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
Actually, you are wrong. Jesus died for all of us and so all of us have the ability to accept him. Everyone has an ear to hear, but not everyone will act upon what they hear. Those who do become saved. Those who don't, these have no one to blame but themselves. By their own free will, they chose not to believe.

Revelation 22:17
 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. "

savedbysovereigngrace99

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 03:30:29 PM »
joe johnson

Actually, you are wrong. Jesus died for all of us and so all of us have the ability to accept him.

Nowhere found in the scripture.

Everyone has an ear to hear, but not everyone will act upon what they hear.

Again, nowhere found in the scripture, in fact Jesus told some they cannot hear the words of God Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. "

So how does a spiritually dead person athirst ?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]