[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is gradual corruption of King James Bible upon us?  (Read 530 times)

Jussi Timgren

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Is gradual corruption of King James Bible upon us?
« on: December 07, 2018, 03:10:17 PM »

First last week I learned about the supernatural changes taking place in the Bible, the so-called Mandela effect. It is something unfathomable and defies all reason. When I looked in my KJV both printed and digital, the reported changes, in fact, were there. The changes seem also at least partially to involve the original text of the interlinear Bible. It is said that the changes are continually increasing. 
Here are some examples, first the changed and then the uncorrupted KJV text. Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. 
Isaiah 65:25 The Lion also shall dwell with the Lamb, and the Leopard shall lie down with the Kid, and the Calf, and the young Lion, and the Fatling together; and a little Child shall lead them. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all the holy Mountain.
Matt. 26:45-46, Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.  Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.
Matt. 26:45-46 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, “Will you sleep on now and take your rest? it is enough; the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise up! Let us go! Lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand”
Joh. 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh. 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the devil.
Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved. Matt. 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old wineskins: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the wineskins perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
Is the following verse, that also has been changed, speaking of changing the law (the word of God), referring to what we have in front of us.
Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Daniel 7:25 And words shall he utter against the Most High, and saints of the Most High shall he vex and ha shall think to change times and law, and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and the dividing of time.
How do we harmonize this with God’s promise?
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
On the other hand  “ God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie”. Are we witnessing the coming true of
Amos 8:11-12 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
What are your thoughts about this?
This is my first post. I’ve been following the forum from Finland for years now and been greatly edified.  We, my wife and I, do not know personally anybody here with a faith in the free grace of God. Everybody we know here are Arminian.

Jussi Timgren

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Is gradual corruption of King James Bible upon us?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 03:54:28 AM »
>>>
First last week I learned about the supernatural changes taking place in the Bible, the so-called Mandela effect. It is something unfathomable and defies all reason. When I looked in my KJV both printed and digital, the reported changes, in fact, were there.
<<<

Hi Jussi,
   I read about this some years ago, and at first glance it seemed something was amis, but upon investigation I found that this is a well disseminated myth that has been around for a while (at least since 2009) and is based on our bad memories and what magicians call "misdirection," which is a first trick that is used to "prove" the second. Namely, produce a true narrative as the false, and then introduce the false memory as the true reality. You see because the mind has heard the false so much (in other Bible versions or when used extensively elsewhere), the mind will often perceive the true as actually the false, and the false as true. What is called "The Mandela Effect" is simply transposition and is defined as what happens when someone has a clear memory of something that never actually happened in reality. Let me give you a few examples from your list:

>>>
Here are some examples, first the changed and then the uncorrupted KJV text.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
<<<

The KJV has always read "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Though the Hebrew word translated heaven should be "heavens," it was always translated heaven in the KJV. However, it is often "perceived" by the mind to have been heavens because almost every other translation translated it that way. We see it written that way in Christian books, in articles, in most modern translations, etc., until subconsciously people come to think of it as what the KJV also actually said:

New International Version
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Berean Study Bible

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Christian Standard Bible

Contemporary English Version

Holman Christian Standard Bible

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible

Etc.

We hear so many Christians quote these other versions of the Bible (mainly the NIV) and from articles and books that it becomes transposed upon our minds as what was written in the KJV Bible. But it never was.

>>>
Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 65:25 The Lion also shall dwell with the Lamb, and the Leopard shall lie down with the Kid, and the Calf, and the young Lion, and the Fatling together; and a little Child shall lead them. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all the holy Mountain.
<<<

The second passage you have written there as the original is actually a concoction of two KJV passages, sandwiched together. It's the first part of Isaiah 65:25, with Isaiah 11:6 in the middle, and then the last of Isaiah 65:25 appended to the end. Note the part of Isaiah chapter 11:

Isaiah 11:6
  • "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."

Actually, Isaiah 63:25 reads (and has always read):

Isaiah 65:25
  • "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."

Here again, the KJV of the Bible has always read the wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and most every other translation also reads that way--and always has. However, because so many Preachers today will "mis-remember" and preach saying that "the Lion also shall dwell with the Lamb," it is perceived to be the Bible verse. It's not a quote from scripture, nor any translation of Isaiah 65, but some people think that it is because of repitition of the misquote.  KJV Bible commentaries from the 1500s all commentate on the wolf and the lamb, proving it was always the text there. Again, as seen in almost all translations. What we have here is nothing more than evidence of people using the common misconception and phrasing they've heard preached, to claim it's Bible. I've heard many preachers themselves use the misquote without knowing it is a misquote. So we also see that the KJV has nothing to do with it, as the other versions likewise say Wolf. Here again is a list of some Bible versions:

The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.

New Living Translation
The wolf and the lamb will feed together. The lion will eat hay like a cow. But the snakes will eat dust. In those days no one will be hurt or destroyed on my holy mountain. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

English Standard Version
The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

Berean Study Bible
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but the food of the serpent will be dust. They will do no harm nor destruction on all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.

"The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.

King James Bible
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Christian Standard Bible
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like cattle, but the serpent's food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on my entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

Wolves and lambs will graze together; lions and oxen will feed on straw. Snakes will eat only dirt! They won't bite or harm anyone on my holy mountain. I, the LORD, have spoken!

Good News Translation
Wolves and lambs will eat together; lions will eat straw, as cattle do, and snakes will no longer be dangerous. On Zion, my sacred hill, there will be nothing harmful or evil."

The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but the serpent's food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on My entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

International Standard Version
"The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; but as for the serpent— its food will be dust! They won't harm or destroy on my entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

Though we've all probably heard someone say the Liojhn and the lamb, particularly on TV, that was never the text of the Bible--any Bible.

>>>
Matt. 26:45-46, Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.  Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

Matt. 26:45-46 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, “Will you sleep on now and take your rest? it is enough; the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise up! Let us go! Lo, he that betrayeth me is at hand”
<<<

The KJV of the Bible and all "literal" versions translate this "sleep on now" and never translated it "will you sleep on now." A lot of the modern versions translate this "Are you still sleeping" which is probably the source of this idea that it should be "Will you sleep on now." However, there has been no change from the original KJV of the Bible.

>>>
Joh. 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh. 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free
<<<

Here is another classic example of what we hear all the time quoted in the world being "transposed" onto the KJV of the Bible. People always say the truth will "set" you free because that's what modern Bibles say and many think it sounds better. However, once again that was never what the KJV text of the Bible said. It is simply the most quoted (from other versions) version of the Bible, so it appears to some to be the only way it was ever written. e.g.:

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

New Living Translation
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

King James Bible
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

New Heart English Bible
You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free

English Standard Version
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Berean Study Bible
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Berean Literal Bible
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set free you."

Christian Standard Bible
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Good News Translation
you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.""

International Standard Version
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

NET Bible
and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Another case of transposition of other texts upon the KJV of the Bible, and people hearing it so much thinking that's what it originally said. It never did. You can check old commentaries of the KJV and you will see this is accurate.

>>>
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the devil.
<<<

The spurious New Living Translation renders this fiery arrows of the "Devil," but not the KJV of the Bible. The KJV always translated it wicked, and the other translations translate it the Evil one, which may be why it is supposed it should be Devil--Even though Devil is an entirely different Greek word diabolos.

>>>
Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Matt. 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old wineskins: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the wineskins perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
<<<

The KJV of the Bible always translated this bottles, though I admit that it could have better been translated wineskins. However, this was done because they felt wineskins didn't properly portray that these were containers that could break. It is translated the exact same way in the Old Testament as "bottles," which again can be readily checked by old commentaries.  It has always been translated bottles in the KJV but not in other translations.

Matthew 9:17
  • "Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved."

It was translated this way for better understanding (since few used wineskins), but it was never changed in the KJV to bottles, it was always bottles.

In closing, this Mandella Effect is a well orchestrated hoax that didn't even start out about the KJV of the Bible. The KJV of the Bible no doubt became a target simply to make Christians or KJV Bible avocates seem foolish.

>>>
This is my first post. I’ve been following the forum from Finland for years now and been greatly edified.  We, my wife and I, do not know personally anybody here with a faith in the free grace of God. Everybody we know here are Arminian.
<<<

You're not alone, since in my area everyone I know is of the Arminian view also, as it seems this is normative in our day. We can thank God that we can still fellowship and converse with like minded Christians via the Internet. Anyway, I don't know but hope this has been of some help.

God's blessings to you.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Jussi Timgren

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 02:45:01 PM »

Hi Tony,
thank you very much for setting the matter straight with your thorough answer.
I repent of giving an ear to the present-day deceptions.

My warmest regards.

Jussi

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »
In closing, this Mandella Effect is a well orchestrated hoax that didn't even start out about the KJV of the Bible. The KJV of the Bible no doubt became a target simply to make Christians or KJV Bible avocates seem foolish.

Yup!

https://mandelaeffect.com/about/

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »

Hi Tony,
thank you very much for setting the matter straight with your thorough answer.
I repent of giving an ear to the present-day deceptions.

My warmest regards.

Jussi

Don't feel bad Jussi, I fell for this same hoax last year. It does appear to be true upon first reading about it and looking at my bible and reading the false text as true. The devil is always at work. I guess that is why we have to be vigilant.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]