[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: System of Member Titles  (Read 276 times)

Spencer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
System of Member Titles
« on: November 04, 2018, 01:51:16 PM »

I can't help but notice that some of us like myself are listed as newbie, Lower is listed as Jr. member, some full members like aquatic, David Knoles is a Sr. Member, Melanie as a Gold member, what does this all mean? Can someone tell me what this system is or why this is? Thanks so much.

Dan

• Dan the Man
Re: System of Member Titles
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 07:34:01 PM »
I think it's based on who the admin finds agreeable and gives higher likes thumbs up, but I could be wrong.

Larry

• Reformed & Reforming
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 09:22:19 PM »
I think it's based on who's been a member the longest.

aquatic

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 09:24:28 PM »
Sorry Dan,
You are wrong. Iíve been suspended more than anyone here this year , so itís not about who the admin finds agreeable.

It has to do with number of years in the forum or the number of posts. Itís not a reward point system. Itís completely objective.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »
No the badge is to show how much they have been involved with the forum based on the number of their posts including replies.  Not based on membership longevity, reward or like system.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 04:52:39 AM »
I think it's based on who's been a member the longest.

Larry.
Actually as others have said, it's not based on any arbitrary system such as likes, popularity or how long you've been here. If you're listed a newbie it is either because you just got here and haven't had time to post much, or because you are what is commonly known as a "lurker." That means someone who visits often but just to read the forum rather than commune with other members. Some members have been here from almost the beginning and come by regularly, but they still have the Newbie title because they very seldom answer questions, ask questions or post anything. So the tier is based on who actually participates in the forum, not on who likes you, how long you've been here, or how important you are. I'd estimate that 60 percent of the people are lurkers. I'm like middle tier because I have only about 100 posts since 2003. People like Erik and Reformer are affiliate members because they talk to people the most.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]