[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: When Will All the Church be in Apostasy?  (Read 1773 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
When Will All the Church be in Apostasy?
« on: October 13, 2018, 05:18:14 PM »

So you don't go to church now? That would explain why you are so anti church.

We are not against the True Church of Christ. We are against Babylon the Great which is the congregations that are falling into apostasy where they teach free will and dispensationalism, and tolerates homosexuality, allowing divorce and remarriage, women in position, holding fall festival with trunk and treat,  wearing football jersey on super bowl Sunday, the lies of propersity gospels, or spiritual experience with Holy Laughter, etc.  We are against the church that is become LIKE the world in name of "fun", "Hip", "end time revival", etc.

You are offended and angry by the fact that God people are standing up, depart out of the church, and prophesy that the church you are in is falling.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Gerry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: When Will All the Church be in Apostasy?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:56:01 PM »
Just to clarify, we may agree with Erik on Halloween, but all of us don't agree with Erik on coming out of all churches, just false churches.

Alex Rowland

• The PuritanBoard
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »
Reformation day is a great alternative to this ode to the Devil, Witches and demons. What good can there be in a day of celebration of all that is evil.

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »
Can Christians Participate In Halloween?
They can, but they SHOULD NOT.

Even secular history gives this testimony: Abbreviated History and Customs of Halloween~Oxford English Dictionary (Second Edition)
"Hallowe'en. The eve of All Hallows' or All Saints' Day celebrated the last night of October. In the Old Celtic calendar the year began on November 1, so that the last evening of October was 'old years' night', the night of all the witches, which the Church transformed into the Eve of All Saints."

Encyclopedia Britannica (14th Edition)
"Hallowe'en or All Hallows Eve, the name given to Oct. 31, as the vigil of Hallowmas or All Saints' Day, now chiefly known as the eve of the Christian festival. It long antedates Christianity. The two chief characteristics of ancient Hallowe'en were the lighting of bonfires and the belief that this is the one night in the year during which ghosts and witches are most likely to wander abroad. History shows that the main celebrations of Hallowe'en were purely Druidical, and this is further proved by the fact that in parts of Ireland Oct. 31 is still known as Oidhche Shamhna, 'Vigil of Sama'. This is directly connected with the Druidic belief in the calling together of certain wicked souls on Hallowe'en by Saman, lord of death."

World Book Encyclopedia (1959 Edition)
"The Druids, an order of priests in ancient Gaul and Britain, believed that on Halloween, ghosts, spirits, fairies, witches, and elves came out to harm people. They thought the cat was sacred and believed that cats had once been human beings but were changed as a punishment for evil deeds. From these Druidic beliefs come the present-day use of witches, ghosts, and cats in Halloween festivities."

Halloween Through Twenty Centuries (by Ralph Linton)
"The American celebration rests upon Scottish and Irish folk customs which can be traced in direct line from pre-Christian times. Although Halloween has become a night of rollicking fun, superstitious spells, and eerie games which people take only half seriously, its beginnings were quite otherwise. The earliest Halloween celebrations were held by the Druids in honor of Samhain, Lord of the dead, whose festival fell on November 1."

World Book Encyclopedia (Quoted in the Atlanta Journal on 10/16/1977)
"It was the Celts who chose the date of October 31 as their new year's Eve and who originally intended it as a celebration of everything wicked, evil and dead. Also during their celebration they would gather around a community bonfire and offer as sacrifice their animals, their crops, and sometime themselves. And wearing costumes made from the heads and skins of other animals, they would also tell one another's fortunes for the coming year.

"The celebration remained much the same after the Romans conquered the Celts around 43 A.D. The Romans did, however, add a ceremony honoring their goddess of fruit and trees and thus the association with apples and the custom of bobbing for them."

"In the A.D. 800's the church established All Saints Day on November 1 so that the people could continue a festival they had celebrated before becoming Christians. The mass that was said on this day was called Allhallowmas. The evening before became known as All Hallow e'ven or Halloween…. It means hallowed or holy evening."

"Jack-O'-Lanterns were named for a man called Jack, who could not enter heaven or hell. As a result, he was doomed to wander in darkness with his lantern until Judgment Day."

Compton's Encyclopedia (1978 Edition)
"Customs and superstitions gathered through the ages go into our celebration of Halloween, or 'Holy Eve', on October 31. The day is so named because it is the even of the festival of All Saints, but many of the beliefs and observances connected with it arose long before the Christian Era, in the autumn festivals of pagan peoples…. Even after November 1 became a Christian feast day, honoring all saints, the peasants clung to the old pagan beliefs and customs that had grown up about Halloween…. Our Halloween celebrations today keep many of these early customs unchanged."
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Red

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 08:40:19 AM »
just to clarify, we may agree with Erik on Halloween, but all of us don't agree with Erik on coming out of all churches, just false churches.
Why not? I came out of organized religion in 1978 never to return again! The man of sin sits and rules therein, while the true worshippers of God are cast out as evil, and divisive~when all they are doing is standing upon the testimony of God, and reject all extra-biblical interpretations of the scriptures.
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, contentment in its fullest, etc.

Gerry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »
just to clarify, we may agree with Erik on Halloween, but all of us don't agree with Erik on coming out of all churches, just false churches.
Why not? I came out of organized religion in 1978 never to return again!

)offtopic(  but :o WOW!   That's certainly unorthodox, cultish and extreme. I don't think Tony, Erik or anyone here teaches that all the churches way back in 1978 were dead. I would be curious to know if there is a single person here beside you who believes that.

)anyone(

I think maybe your confusing your problem in your church or organized religion back in 1978 with all churches worldwide being fallen in 1978. First, there is no way you could know that in 1978 unless you visited all of them or tested their doctrines, which you didn't. Second, in 1978 there were faithful, bible believing and God fearing churches, which I know for a fact. Many were in the throws of apostasy, but there were some. Third, why do you have a problem with my stating the fact that not all here (including Tony Warren) believe every single church in the world is fallen? I don't know that for a fact, and neither do you. You state what you believe as if it is a fact from God.

It's your belief in 1978 all churches were dead, not a fact. And this belief is based on what in 1978?  You never came to my church in 1978 so you have no real judicial or logical basis to say that. For the record, the church I went to didn't fall into apostasy until the 90's.

Red

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 10:35:00 AM »
I don't think Tony, Erik or anyone here teaches that all the churches way back in 1978 were dead. I would be curious to know if there is a single person here beside you who believes that.
I do not follow Tony, even though I respect and rejoice in much of what he teaches, but not all, just as he does not with me. I truly do not know Erik, just as he does not know me.

I live in the bible belt of the world, right on the buckle of the belt. I visited many of them before making my decision. Every man must give an account of himself to God, not men~and you are not my judge and I'm not yours. I DO NOT JUDGE every person in the churches I refuse to attend~even if they attend RCC, etc. Yet I will not worship with men who have no regards for the truth, especially the gospel of Jesus Christ, how sinners are justified FREELY by the faith/obedience and righteousness of Christ ALONE~if they miss that truth, then they have another gospel that saints should avoid and expose.

You are right, this is off of the topic, and I will stop.

Gerry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
I live in the bible belt of the world, right on the buckle of the belt. I visited many of them before making my decision.

Sorry but visiting many churches in the Bible belt back in 1987 does not equate to all churches or all organized religions were dead in the year 1987. That's just not logical or biblical thinking. You are right that you can believe whatever you want, some people believe we came from outer space but that doesn't mean it's a well founded belief, or even justifiable. Just means someone said it.

You are right, this is off of the topic, and I will stop.

Yup, me too.

Kira

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
Moderator, could you please split this off into another topic. I would like to post with Gerry on this topic. Thanks if you can.
K I R A 

Johnny

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
I live in the bible belt of the world, right on the buckle of the belt. I visited many of them before making my decision.

Sorry but visiting many churches in the Bible belt back in 1987 does not equate to all churches or all organized religions were dead in the year 1987. That's just not logical or biblical thinking. You are right that you can believe whatever you want, some people believe we came from outer space but that doesn't mean it's a well founded belief, or even justifiable. Just means someone said it.

I hope he's the only one here who believes that, or else I will be thinking about leaving the forum. That is ridiculous, and over 40 years ago. 40 Years Ago! Has he not read of all the great Pastors of the 80s who I'm sad to say are a thing of the past? I didn't leave my church until 2015 when they changed pastors and the new one changed the bylaws and started promoting liberal views about the bible.  My response to Red would be, where is the proof that all religious groups were apostate in the 80s? Doesn't the bible say, prove all things?

Alex Rowland

• The PuritanBoard
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2018, 03:58:24 AM »
The churches were not dead 40 years ago. I don't know that they are all dead now. 

Red

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 05:59:03 AM »
Late seventies~but I did not equate what I found here in the Greenville, S.C. area with all churches, I also visited ones from other states, as well. I read multiple authors, etc. I read every article that A.W. Pink wrote in his monthly publication of the "Scripture of Truth"~ He also left organized religion back in the late twenties early thirties NEVER to return again~that was fifty years before I left. I'm convinced that the great tribulation first spoken of by Daniel and enlarged upon by Christ, Paul and John had its early beginning in early 1800's and picked up momentum in the late nineteen century.

Consider: SDA, Mormonism, and the Jehovah Witnesses all begun in the mid-1800 plus or minus, within about a hundred and fifty miles of each other~and then came Pentecostalism in the early twenty century in Los Angles. MULTITUDES of translations begun flooding the marketplaces of this world in and around mid-1800 with the RV leading the way, and from there more than one could count off of his head. Many hundred's of them~take your choice from the  "cotton patch" for ones that practice Sodomy so as not to offend them~after all, it's all about NOT offending their goats. Most, well, just about ALL translations remove the faith OF Jesus Christ, to faith IN Jesus Christ, perverting the gospel preached by the apostle Paul, into another gospel that would be compatible to free-willism, the golden calf of Arminianism.

The great tribulation is STRICTLY spiritual in nature, NOT physical as we should know~and all one needs is spiritual eyes to see and know just how near the Lord's coming is near.  Yes, I agree NO MAN knows the hour, day, or year, YET the handwriting is ON THE WALL for those whose eyes are anointed to see that it IS at hand. I'm heeding the call to come out of Mystery Babylon and its false religion, that I will not be partakers of her evil deeds.

So what if some come out earlier and some later~the godly thing to do is COME OUT.

Some may never come out who are true children of God~I'm not their judge, I must live my own life of faith, and allow others to do the same. I'm convinced that Nicodemus was a regenerate child of God who as far as scriptures reveal to us never left the Pharisees~YET, we see fruits in his life that shows us that he was born again, and even Christ said that what Nicodemus confess, NO MAN COULD unless he was born again. Nicodemus' confession of faith was totally different from other Pharisees~he confess that he KNEW that Jesus had to be of God, for NO man could do what he did except God be with him. The other Pharisees accused him of being devil possess. So, I believe God has his very elect STILL in the churches, but that does not make it right for whatever reason they are still there. And it CERTAINLY does not mean that those who have left are wrong for leaving regardless WHEN they left.

Kira

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 05:03:05 PM »
Sorry but visiting many churches in the Bible belt back in 1987 does not equate to all churches or all organized religions were dead in the year 1987.

Thank you moderator,
  Gerry, I agree. There were many good churches in the 80s and to neglect church worship in the 80s I think was a mistake. It seems some Christians think that there has to be a perfect church before they will attend. There is a difference between a imperfect church and a false church.  I don't think that we can suppose that we should avoid all churches just because we can't find a good one in our immediate area. My view is that the only time we avoid all churches is if we can't find a single one that is biblical within a reasonable driving distance. I'm sorry to say, that that is the situation I am facing. There are nothing but Catholic, Pentecostal and Dispensational churches where I live and I will never attend any of them. But as far as churches elsewhere, I would not be surprised if there were good churches. I come here to get what I am missing in church. Good, sound, biblical teachings and encouragement.

K I R A 

Kira

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 05:11:09 PM »
I read every article that A.W. Pink wrote in his monthly publication of the "Scripture of Truth"~ He also left organized religion back in the late twenties early thirties NEVER to return again~that was fifty years before I left.

And you think that was a good idea in the 20s? :o

Why stop there, why not the 1700s?  That makes no sense.

Consider: SDA, Mormonism, and the Jehovah Witnesses all begun in the mid-1800 plus or minus,

So that justifies abandoning churches ion the 1800s?  I don't think you are thinking clearly. Should Calvin have abandoned the organized church when he saw the Catholic organization fall into apostasy? Should the Apostle Paul have when he came across apostasy in his day? That is not logical.
K I R A 

Red

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »
And you think that was a good idea in the 20s?
Greetings Kira~I was not there and cannot answer that question. I'm an avid reader and have read behind most of the known preachers from Augustine to Luther and Calvin down to our days, and have seen a very steady drop in depth, sobriety of handling the scriptures, especially so since the late eighteenth century, shortly after John Gill and men of his generation. This is my personal observation and I well know that.

Now, was Pink right or wrong? I believe that he was obedient to the call that he received from God. Do I agree with everything the good man taught? no~yet his overall life and teachings were godly, scriptural, and faithful to the light that God had graciously given to him...and that's ALL any of us can do. We all are going to leave this world holding to error, that's part of living in a body of sin and death, yet none of us would ever purposely reject God's word because we just do not like what we read or are hearing~but sad to say, many do.
Quote from: Kira Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 05:11:09 PM
Why stop there, why not the 1700s?  That makes no sense.
I understand your dilemma~but Kira, it was God that said in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils; and it was the same apostle who also said:
Quote from: Paul
2nd Timothy 3:1~"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come"
Kira, there was a point and time in the NT church age when and where men begin to set up the abomination that God would make desolate at the coming of Jesus Christ~yes, it was without question a very slow process, here a little and there a little to where we are now~and men and women with more light and convictions left sooner than others who had not the same light and convictions, even though they very well could share the same sonship with God, yet slower to react, much like Abraham and Lot, if one needs a comaparison. This has not one thing to do with one being a child of God....I fully understand.
Should Calvin have abandoned the organized church when he saw the Catholic organization fall into apostasy?
Kira, that is much different than where we are now. Besides, we meet in homes now, not in the outward professing churches. God's children do not STOP worshipping, only they refuse to be partakers of false doctrines~espically so concerning eschatology, since it affects so many other doctrines~and  the gospel of Jesus Christ, which most are totally ignorant of, and that's a shame when such boast of being Christ's servants.
There are nothing but Catholic, Pentecostal and Dispensational churches where I live and I will never attend any of them
Good for you~yet you still love God and retain him in all of your thoughts, and decisions, serving him with a conscience void of offense both toward God and man.  To God be praised.   

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]