[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why Does God Allow Suffering  (Read 12860 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 05:44:40 AM »
I agree Apostolic. Walk a mile in their shoes before you start judging. The only lesson in evil is that it is  not of God and suffering is bad for anyone.

May he not let your foot be moved: no need of sleep has he who keeps you.  (Psalms 121:3)

What does that even mean?  That God went back on his word by letting Stephen be physically stoned to death?

Or else once again you have taken scripture out of context.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2018, 04:27:42 AM »
Easy for you to say, you're not troubled or afflicted. You've never had a flood destroy your home or a child die from cancer or someone persecute you because you are gay. You sit here in your ivory tower and judge. Where is the love?

Betty, according to your religion, God is not in control. According to mine, he is. When there was seven years of famine in Egypt and many people suffered, it was by God's providence. When people are killed in a flood or tsunami, it is by God's providence. Do you think that God cannot save a child from cancer if that was his will? God can do anything he wants in my religion. In your religion, it seems you think he should do what you want.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2018, 02:28:36 AM »
Betty, according to your religion, God is not in control. According to mine, he is. When there was seven years of famine in Egypt and many people suffered, it was by God's providence. When people are killed in a flood or tsunami, it is by God's providence. Do you think that God cannot save a child from cancer if that was his will? God can do anything he wants in my religion. In your religion, it seems you think he should do what you want.

)God-Bless-You(  Betty is just another example of mankind's rejection of God's sovereignty over this world. The spiritual insanity that has grown to epic proportions in the church.

The Lord's prayer: "Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven." Not My will be done.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2018, 05:17:17 AM »
>>>
according to your religion, God is not in control. According to mine, he is. When there was seven years of famine in Egypt and many people suffered, it was by God's providence. When people are killed in a flood or tsunami, it is by God's providence. Do you think that God cannot save a child from cancer if that was his will? God can do anything he wants in my religion. In your religion, it seems you think he should do what you want.
<<<

...and all God's people said,  A M E N !

That seems to be the crux of the matter for many people in our day. To look at God as their personal servant, someone who waits at their beckoning call to do their will, rather than they His. Not that He is LORD of their lives, but almost as if they are the lords and masters and He is only there to do their will or make their lives on earth better.

Luke 11:2
  • "And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth."

His will be done. As it is in heaven, so it is done on earth. Not as my will on earth, so let it be done in heaven. Christ is the central figure in the true gospel of Christ. Let us all be Christ centered rather than self-centered.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2018, 09:15:42 AM »
I agree Apostolic. Walk a mile in their shoes before you start judging. The only lesson in evil is that it is  not of God and suffering is bad for anyone.

Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
I Peter 3:13-14
"And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;"

Betty, why is it that you are almost always on the wrong side of God's word?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2019, 06:25:59 AM »
Betty, why is it that you are almost always on the wrong side of God's word?

Now there is a good question that we could ask of a few people here. Why when God's word obviously says something, a few professing Christians always come back with their own thoughts contradicting it?  )thinker(

Suffering is a complex issue that needs dealt with biblically and intelligently, both in the world and in the church. The world suffers because of sin, and the church suffers because of sin. Like Job, we are to receive it as from God for our good and not be bitter.

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1st Peter 4:12-13"

Trials often change people, they're supposed to. Except for the obstinate that harden their hearts and fight against God. We should ask ourselves, what lessons were learned from tragedies? If none, look at yourself in a mirror.

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »

The reason that we are all Christians here today is because each and every one of us encountered a God who allowed His only begotten Son to suffer on the cross  That should boggle each and every Christian's mind. Suffering isn't the end, it is the beginning for all who God has delivered from the power of self, bondage and darkness. When we see suffering, rather than blame God, we should rejoice that he has seen fit to come to us and relieve our suffering. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about "absorbing and transforming" the pain caused by the sin of this wicked world into a joy that exceeds our imaginations. Don't ask why, because we all deserve to suffer. Ask why not, and give glory to God that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel of darkness.
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]