[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why the King James Bible?  (Read 790 times)

Rupert

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Why the King James Bible?
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:12:02 AM »

I've noticed something strange here that I don't see in other articles and discussions. Why do most all of you use the KJV? Most Places I go to I see them use the NIV which is much easier to understand. Is this something this forum does in order to hold to a tradition or something?

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Why the King James Bible?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:21:29 AM »
I don't use the antiquated KJV, I use the BIBE which is best understandable.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 12:58:51 PM »

The BIBE is not a Bible, it's a unrighteous paraphrase or private a rewording of God's word. So "Best Understandable" in the instance of the BIBE equals the NWGS, or Not What God Said.

As for why I use the KJV, it is because it equals "most accurate to what God said."

Lower

• Higgaion ሂጋዮን
  • putting on the breastplate of FAITH and LOVE
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:52:32 AM »

Is this something this forum does in order to hold to a tradition or something?

What kind of question is that? Can you clarify what you mean by that?
እግዚኣብሄር ኣቦ ብወዱ ብጐይታ ክርስቶስ የሱስ ዓብዪ ግብሪ ምድሓን ገይሩልና ። ክብርን ምስጋናን ፡ ብስም ክርስቶስ የሱስ ንዕኡ ይኹኖ ። ኣሜን ።

ናይ ዘልኣለም ህይወት ፣ ብናይ ኣምላኽና ዘልኣለማዊ ጸጋ ። ንሱ ርእሲ ኹሉ ኮይኑ ፣ ንዘልኣለም ይነግስ ።

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »

I've noticed something strange here that I don't see in other articles and discussions. Why do most all of you use the KJV? Most Places I go to I see them use the NIV which is much easier to understand.

The NIV is not much easier to understand, it's much easier to misunderstand because it uses a thought-for-thought and phrase by phrase translation which is not how God inspired it written. So while you think it is better understood that is only because it is translated presumptuously rather than seeking for inspired word for word translation. Not to mention it leaves much out of the bible using inferior older manuscripts.

Is this something this forum does in order to hold to a tradition or something?

Well, the KJV is the tradition of the saints since its was printed, but we use it because it is a more honest word for word translation, so we can search out meanings word by word. We know man cannot know the thought for thought of what God is saying, so word for word is obviously best.

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »

That's a shame.  2nd Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

If you studied, you just might.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]