[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Unsaved People and the Last Trump  (Read 837 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
The Unsaved People and the Last Trump
« on: September 11, 2018, 10:27:37 PM »

Revelation 20:4-6 KJV
[4]  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
[5]  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
[6]  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 KJV
[16]  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17]  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:50-53 KJV
[50]  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
[51]  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52]  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53]  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

I understand that when all of the believers who have dead, their souls are already with the Lord in Heaven and will come down with Him at the Last Trump (to receive a glorify bodies?). At that time, the rapture of the "alive and remain" of the believers will occur.  Also the "rest of the unsaved dead" will be resurrected (second resurrection) to stand for judgment.

But the question is what about those unsaved people who are also alive at the Last Trump? Will their bodies immediately put on immortally like the believers too?  But they will remain on earth to witness the rapture of the Saints and the Second Coming?  I asked becuase I noticed some movies about the rapture shows that the unsaved people will still have their flesh when the last trump sounds and afterward.   

What do you think?   

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Mark

Re: The Unsaved People and the Last Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:21:47 PM »
Hi Erik,

Here is my thoughts regarding those alive on earth (unsaved) when Christ appears.
As no flesh can see God in all his glory and live I believe their flesh would be destroyed
and all men without the seal of God are resurrected (second or general resurrection) for the white throne judgement with new bodies suitable for the second death.

2Thes 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming

Exo 33:18-20
And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Rev 20:12-15
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

That’s when every eye shall see him (throne judgment)

Rev 1:7
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen

I am not dogmatic on this and am open for any correction in this post regarding the last day (third woe).

Regards
Mark
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Frank Mortimer

Re: The Unsaved People and the Last Trump
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 12:21:10 PM »
  )Bible-Red(  Sounds right.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]