[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Paul and Women  (Read 1119 times)

aquatic

Re: Paul and Women
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 03:44:22 PM »
He gave his opinion, which is why it's not authoritative.

Peter believed Paulís writings were more than opinion. He puts his writings on par with other scripture.

2Peter3:15  And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2Peter3:16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 07:06:48 AM »

Peter believed Paulís writings were more than opinion. He puts his writings on par with other scripture.

8 out of 10 seminary students disagree with you and so do I. Christ said we are all one and equal, but Paul says women are under men and Peter that women are the weaker vessels. All the men of that era were obviously misogynistic.

I Cor. 11:7
"For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man."

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »
It just STM that if Paul's perspective was that there is neither male nor female in Christ and that husbands should perceive and treat their wives as Christ does His own church

And exactly what is STM?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »
Short Term Memory.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

da525382

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »
It just STM that if Paul's perspective was that there is neither male nor female in Christ and that husbands should perceive and treat their wives as Christ does His own church

And exactly what is STM?

"seems to me"

Jason

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 12:27:13 PM »

And exactly what is STM?

My dictionary and Wikapedia says it stands for Scanning Tunneling Microscopy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanning_tunneling_microscope

Emily

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
Very confusing. But everyone is in a hurry to get to nowhere these days. That's why I don't use acronyms. Except maybe L.O.L.

aquatic

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 07:49:24 PM »

8 out of 10 seminary students disagree with you and so do I. Christ said we are all one and equal, but Paul says women are under men and Peter that women are the weaker vessels. All the men of that era were obviously misogynistic.

I Cor. 11:7
"For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man."

What do you have to say about Isaiah 3:12?

12As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Is God misogynistic as well?

Intercessor

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »
From a woman Betty,  you're Wrong!  )GoodPopst( Reformer!

Couldn't agree more. It's either God's word or it isn't. No two ways about it. It's not Paul's thoughts, it's what God inspired him to pen. If you don't believe that, you've brought the whole bible into question regarding its authority over the church.

I am with Melanie on this one  ]ThUmBsUp[

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »
From a woman Betty,  you're Wrong!  )GoodPopst( Reformer!

Couldn't agree more. It's either God's word or it isn't. No two ways about it. It's not Paul's thoughts, it's what God inspired him to pen. If you don't believe that, you've brought the whole bible into question regarding its authority over the church.

I am with Melanie on this one  ]ThUmBsUp[

)ditto(

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 12:08:59 AM »

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]