[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Signs of Time  (Read 839 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Signs of Time
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Susan

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Signs of Time
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:38:42 PM »
If they are going to stop preaching because they're afraid of a law, then I have to question their faith. I don't mean to be judgmental but saints have died for lessor things. Sometimes I wonder if people these days even know what being a Christian means.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 24:9
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Luke 12:4
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

Is the church so dead in our day that a simple state law can thwart the gospel of Christ?

aquatic

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 07:53:45 PM »
Itís in California, so Iím not surprised. They have some of the most insane laws in the country.

The law applies to books and conferences. Churches are still allowed to preach against homosexuality. Iím sure that will change in the future as well.

Roger Dodson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »
I know we have a fascist in the white house, but what is California, North Korea? First of all the law is unconstitutional, so I guess the supreme court will get around to overturning it if someone decides to actually be a Christian and challenge it. Second, there is no way I would fear speaking at a conference against the sin of homosexuality. So I agree with Susan, Christians have lost their zeal and the church is slowly dying, if it's not dead already.

matt205

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:07:53 AM »
Is the church so dead in our day that a simple state law can thwart the gospel of Christ?

I don't think so. There are good churches.

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 04:19:44 AM »
I don't think so. There are good churches.

Name one!
 Name, city, state please. I'll research it )Say_what(

It's easy to say that. It's harder to back it up.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »
We'll see.

Grace Community Church
Sun Valley, CA 91352
Pastor John MacArthur

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 04:31:20 AM »
 )idonotagree(  Bad Example. Leaky Dispensationalist preoccupied with the nation of Israel.

bloodstone

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »
Terrible example of biblical Christianity, but we are talking about a Dispensationalist and we'd expect him to list a Dispensationalist supporter. So I think the challenge stands. Name one. I hope we can. I can't. None in my area.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »
Maybe the signs of the times are that Reformed Christians are dying out and Liberal Amillennialists are falling out of vogue.  :)

Spencer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 12:58:28 AM »
If they are going to stop preaching because they're afraid of a law, then I have to question their faith. I don't mean to be judgmental but saints have died for lessor things. Sometimes I wonder if people these days even know what being a Christian means.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

You said it. Sometimes we all wonder if people these days know what being a Christian means. Perfect love casts out fear.

"In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me."
Psalms 56:11

That's what a Christian is supposed to be. What next, a law that says you can't preach at all and Christians will just complain, say OK and shut up? It seems so.

"I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."
Revelation 2:4-5

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 07:33:54 AM »
 )welcome( to the Forum Spencer!

You've submitted some excellent verses.  We're living in the "me generation" where the love of God and the gospel have grown cold and are secondary to our life, liberty and comfort. So it doesn't surprise me that people would rather be silent than risk jail by preaching the truth. I personally think we must be living in the last days. It may be 1 or 5 years from now but it has to be close seeing the degradation of the church that is taking place. Signs of the times is right. We think the question is, who sees them.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-9
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,"

Who will see the lying signs and fake wonders of the false Christ convincing people they are Christian?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »
"In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me."
Psalms 56:11

"I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."
Revelation 2:4-5

)God-Bless-You( 
    Spencer, it's always nice to have another bible believing Christian come on board.   )welcome(

Spencer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 05:47:43 AM »
Thank you Melanie for your warm welcome. I had been lurking a few weeks before I actually registered so I don't really feel that new here. I first found this site by doing a google search on Reformed Eschatology, and have been reading ever since. My question is why everyone is not a Amillennialist.

I had been wondering what in the world was happening to the church and from reading many posts here it seems I'm not the only one outside the church noticing it. Those inside don't seem to notice anything. I found that very strange and seems like apostasy.

I'm wondering if this also includes women in leadership positions over men (the church I left got a woman pastor), the outbreak of acceptance of homosexuality and even the growth of dispensationalism? If darkness is in the church, then certainly in the world.

"Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house."

Is it signs of the times that I see that light is going dim and the world is getting dark, or am I reading too much into this?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 02:58:10 AM »
"Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house."

Is it signs of the times that I see that light is going dim and the world is getting dark, or am I reading too much into this?

Nope! You're not reading too much into it, you're seeing things just as they are. And perhaps it's just as it was prophesied.

Re 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Is the final apostasy upon us? When you see the abomination stand in the Holy place, then flee to the mountains.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]