[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Proof Jews are as Ignorant as Gentiles about God  (Read 418 times)

Jason

Proof Jews are as Ignorant as Gentiles about God
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »

Sojourner

• I'm a llama!
Re: Proof Jews are as Ignorant as Gentiles about God
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 03:21:19 AM »
Very sad from a Christian perspective. Very much like Japan in the sense of almost total blindness to the gospel. But as we know, God has his reasons for everything.

Maurice

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 06:45:02 AM »
 :o Oh Really? And what reason would it be that a just God would keep Israel blind?  Or for that matter, to insure that Japanese don't come to him either? What kind of God are you talking about?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 05:00:08 AM »
>>>
Very sad from a Christian perspective. Very much like Japan in the sense of almost total blindness to the gospel. But as we know, God has his reasons for everything.

Really? And what reason would it be that a just God would keep Israel blind?
<<<

In point of fact, it is precisely because God is a just God that Israel came under judgment and was blinded. Not in the humanistic or worldly definition of justice, but the actual or righteous definition of it. Justice is not seeing a crime and turning your head the other way and saying the criminal is forgiven. That is the opposite of just. A just God "requires" a just punishment for sin. That's why Christians couldn't simply be forgiven by God without any punishment being demanded. It was specifically because God is a just God. Thus the penalty or wages for sin had to be paid. God couldn't just say you are forgiven, Christ had to indure that just punishment as our sacrifice Lamb to be our propitiation for sin. I'm sorry to say that you talk about a just God as if the words Justice and Mercy were synonymous or interchangeable. They are not. So when you ask what reason would a just God have for keeping Israel in blindness, the answer is the same as for everyone else. Their sin. It is the thing that hardens their heart against all righteousness.

Hebrews 3:13-19
  • "But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
  • For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
  • While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
  • For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
  • But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
  • And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
  • So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."

Truly as Sojourner said, and I concur, there is a reason for everything--including a just God's justice in blinding Israel in part.

>>>
 Or for that matter, to insure that Japanese don't come to him either?
<<<

I don't read anywhere in God's authoritative word that He insures than Japanese won't come to Him. There are fine Japanese Christians. The fact that there may not be as many in their country as in some other countries doesn't mean they are excluded--anymore than Blindness in part for Israel means all Israel were excluded. Indeed it is our great mission to go to the ends of the earth with the gospel, to all nations. But the increase in this nation or that is by God. God didn't insure that Japanese wouldn't come to him, else there would be no Japanese Christians. Same with the Arab countries, Israel or Russia. In all nations (including America) there is but a fragment, a residue, a remnant of the whole, though many are "deluded" into thinking that they are this great group of God's servants doing His will. ...just as Israel.

Matthew 22:14
  • "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Christ often used this expression illustrating that all who are "called" His people are not all His people. Because the "called" are clearly distinguished from the "chosen," meaning that only the chosen or election is truly saved among the Christian group. The title "Jew" meant nothing as the Scribes and Pharisees were Jews, just like the title "Christian" means nothing, except the one being called was also chosen and conformed to Christ's image through justification to life. You can have 10,000 Japanese unsaved and 1 saved, and the whole idea would be found bankrupt. So then, the Japanese aren't excluded anymore than Pakistani are, except by their own arrogance and obstinate hearts.

>>>
What kind of God are you talking about?
<<<

The kind that all of the world know nothing about, and that most of the church doesn't either. Since there's only one true God, I'm talking about :"THAT" God. The one who created heaven and earth, who provided salvation to the repentant, the just God who is also merciful. The God who is the only possible Savior for the whole world, and who blesses all nationalities, all people and all kindreds. The God whose nature is antithetical to the nature of man. The God whose authoritative word may be a bitter pill to swallow, but ultimately is sweet to the taste because it is the only just and righteous word. ...a word to all nations and languages and people. And blessed are those who are not offended by it.

Revelation 10:10-11
  • "And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
  • And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

Judgment is bitter, but it is also just and sweet in the mouth of God's people.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 02:31:57 AM »
That Youtube video is antisemitic. Another example of the liberals attempting to show Israel in a bad light. In fact, the title of this thread is antisemitic. Typical of Martin Luther's bias and Calvinistic distortions.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 07:43:20 AM »
 :Say_what: Drew, how is that video anti-semitic when it's done by a Jewish person interviewing all Jewish people? Come on, your being ridiculous. As far as the title, it basically says all people are ignorant, Gentiles and Jewish people as well. How is that anti-semitic? Like God he's put all unsaved people in the same bag. And what Martin Luther or Calvin injected into this discussion has to do with anything is anyone's guess.

Ac 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God is no respecter of persons and therefore a unsaved Jew is just as condemned as a unsaved Gentile.

Ro 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

When God says there is no difference, he means it.

Pearson

• Conformed by the Blood
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 10:16:48 AM »
That Youtube video is antisemitic. Another example of the liberals attempting to show Israel in a bad light.

[Soapbox mode on]

Drew, I perceive that like a lot of the evangelical type, you don't like facts. Especially when they have to do with Israel or Jewish people. You want to look at Israel as God's chosen people who are receptible to God's Christ when that's just not true as a whole. You're like the liberal left and the alt-right who makes up their own facts when the real facts don't agree with their position. There are the messianic Jews and a remnant that are in Christ, but the nation isn't and never will be coming to him according to scripture. That's not anti semitic, that's what we read in the Bible. By the way, that goes for most of Russia, Germany, Japan, Canada, Korea and the US as well. God is no respecter of persons so that unbelief is unbelief no matter where it is found. When Christ spoke against Israel, did that make him anti semitic? Your rationale for this post is without foundation.

Just My two cents

[Soapbox mode off]

Jon Thomas

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
 )ditto(

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]