[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why are there so many Christian Demominations?  (Read 388 times)

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Why are there so many Christian Demominations?
« on: February 03, 2018, 06:09:39 AM »
A friend of mine asked me a question that I could not come up with a answer for. He said that since there are so many Christian denominations, and they all claim to be the true true church and true Christian, which one should I follow and why? )anyone(

Maurice

Re: Why are there so many Christian Demominations?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 12:05:11 AM »

Follow your heart.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Why are there so many Christian Demominations?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 03:57:23 PM »
>>>
...since there are so many Christian denominations, and they all claim to be the true true church and true Christian, which one should I follow and why? )anyone(
<<<

As a faithful Christian you shouldn't follow any denomination, you should follow the Scriptures. The ultimate arbiter of truth and the true church is what is in the Bible, not the traditions of any denomination.

John 10:26-27
  • "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
  • My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

Christ is referring to the whole stock of the Parable of the Sheep of His congregation, beginning in that first verse. Those who are true Christians, those of the true church "will" hear His word and they will follow Him rather than false teachers or the traditions of any particular denomination. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Let's not forget that a Christian denomination is merely a independently governed "branch" of the Christian church, not the church itself. The church itself is governed by the Scriptures. Therefore, any group or sect that does not adhere to the tenets, decrees, laws and principles of the church of Christ, as defined by the Scriptures, is ultimately not the sons or children of God. Many might call that judgmental, but in reality it's nothing more than what God says.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]