[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Predestination  (Read 1359 times)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
Re: Predestination
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 07:03:05 AM »
No, do I need a Facebook account to see that page?

Scotty, don't bother signing up. You're not missing anything on that page.

Scotty should be the judge of that for himself. The short is that this is some Christian who evidently was viewing Tony's guestbook and was inspired by his reply to someone speaking against Predestination. Here's the image part of the post that this Christian submitted of Tony's guestbook. You can hit the "control" and "+" keys if it's too small to read in some browsers. I see these type comments all the time on the internet, so I understand what a great witness this site is.

Despite all the noise from Dan and the usual suspects, God is good and still making his word known as a blessing to many. Of course, this is a Facebook image "from" Tony's Guestbook. The image is on their site so it may or may not change or disappear at any time.

Scotty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 01:56:53 PM »

Thank you Reformer. If we're all born in sin that did make sense didn't it.

I would have opened an account but I'm wary of facebook since its info sharing and privacy problems recently. I don't want to end up on a spam email list.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 04:49:54 PM »
Hello Scotty,

I understand your concerns about privacy and spam. May I suggest that you go ahead and create a new gmail address just for your new Facebook account only.  For example, register Facebook with your new email address like.. "scottyfacebook@gmail.com.”  You can then have access facebook without worrying about hacker or spam against your original email address.

Hope this will help you. 

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 03:57:32 AM »
Once again, Thank You Tony Warren, Reformer, Trevor, Melanie, Reformed Baptist, Erik, Mark, and Peng Bao for your compassion in showing the rest of us what true Christianity consists of.

Helping others and standing up for truth. My prayers go out for all of you  )praying-hands(

Granny

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »
Once again, Thank You Tony Warren, Reformer, Trevor, Melanie, Reformed Baptist, Erik, Mark, and Peng Bao for your compassion in showing the rest of us what true Christianity consists of.

Helping others and standing up for truth. My prayers go out for all of you  )praying-hands(

)iagree(  Just want to say that that of the time that I've been here, this list reads like a who's who of helpful Christians preaching the doctrines of grace. I wish that all of us could be as helpful.  Christ said,

Matt. 7:16-20
"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

These are who Christ spoke of as the good Samaritan. The helpful few.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »
So I guess only those 8 are Christians then?  )Say_what(

Oh well, I better give to Catholic charities before I'm banned here.

For your information grandma, preaching predestination is not helping anyone.

Mark

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 05:54:42 PM »

Dan, how long are you going to fight against God’s holy word. Preaching sovereign grace (predestination) as a faithful witness helps his children be reliant on him alone, his will over our own, it’s not of us choosing/accepting him but him choosing us unto eternal life. Selah

John 1:12,13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

You see that, God’s will over the will of man to become sons(children) of God.
He that has an ear, let him hear.
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Mark

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 06:08:46 PM »
Anyone interested, there is a great book written by Arthur W Pink on the sovereignty of God over at the Monergism website. Link below.

https://www.monergism.com/search?f%5B0%5D=author%3A35278&page=3
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 04:33:33 AM »

"But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. Matthew 21:29-31

God says that the tax collectors and whores get into heaven before the negligent so-called workers in the vineyard.  So is that the truth? Those who don't labor in the field as God commands have who to blame?

If you are banned here it will be because of your refusal to obey rules, not because you didn't do the will of God or neglected your comission as Christian. That judgment belongs to God.

Preaching predestination is the faithful witness of scripture, but the help in understanding the sovereignty of the creator comes from God.

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. Ephesians 1:5-6"

Preaching predestination is preaching the gospel. It is testifying to what God said. It's doing the will of God rather than our own will. It's giving God all the credit instead of stealing credit for ourselves for responding to God. It's grace versus works.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2020, 08:09:27 AM »
Big amen!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »

Preaching predestination is the faithful witness of scripture, but the help in understanding the sovereignty of the creator comes from God.

)Bible-Red(    &TY

Sandy

• Gold Member
  • I Stand Coram Deo
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2020, 11:58:24 AM »
Hi Billnjune,
  But isn't freedom essential for moral responsibility? Because if our choice is determined or caused by anything other than free will, including our own desires, it cannot properly be called our decision or free choice. Correct?

Have you ever considered what happened to mankind at the creation, when man was indeed created to freely choose to obey God and live forever?  With a will (conscience) having no knowledge of good or evil, man freely chose to disobey God, and heeded the voice of the serpent.  Since that day both knowledge of sin and death came unto the mind of man and all of his progeny.  This is seen when the man and woman discovered their nakedness, and attempted to hide from God.  Mankind cannot blame God for his fall because he could have freely chosen to obey God.  Since man freely chose to heed the voice of the serpent God blocked his way to the tree of life.  Mankind could never again freely choose to partake of the tree of life and live forever because sin and death through sin is now all that unsaved mankind know.  Man will NEVER freely choose God for everlasting life because man's way to the tree of life is blocked forever.  Now the only way that mankind can partake of life everlasting is "not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" Jo 1:13.   

God saw from heaven the heart of mankind, and He did not see who would choose them and predestine them to everlasting life in Christ.  What He saw was that all of mankind had become desperately wicked, and "There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God." (Ro 3:10-11)   If the choosing, through predestination is not of God, there is no hope for any man.  Apart from God choosing from eternity to give eternal life through Christ to whosoever He will, no man would desire to freely choose Christ for life everlasting.                   

Larry

• Reformed & Reforming
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »
 )Goodpoint(  If one doesn't think the word Predestination means predestination, then I wonder what thety think the word means?

Kira

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 01:12:29 AM »
)Goodpoint(  If one doesn't think the word Predestination means predestination, then I wonder what they think the word means?

From what I read of them, they believe that it means they were predestinated because God saw they would freely come to Christ. Not that it actually says that, or that it says just the opposite, but that's what they believe. They make predestination mean foreknowledge without any basis of biblical standing.
K I R A 

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 02:10:49 AM »
Have you ever considered what happened to mankind at the creation, when man was indeed created to freely choose to obey God and live forever?  With a will (conscience) having no knowledge of good or evil, man freely chose to disobey God, and heeded the voice of the serpent.

As it should have been. Because without his free will to do so, we would all have been a bunch of robots. Man had to have free will. That's why we have those who freely choose to be good, and those undeserving who continue on in evil.

Mankind cannot blame God for his fall because he could have freely chosen to obey God.

That's right. But you Reformed people choose to blame God for someone not being saved by this doctrine of no free will, just God's will.

Man will NEVER freely choose God for everlasting life because man's way to the tree of life is blocked forever.

Rev. 22:17
"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.'

If the choosing, through predestination is not of God, there is no hope for any man. 

The hope is that man may choose of himself, of his own free will.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]