[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Are Evangelicals False Prophets?  (Read 2033 times)

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Are Evangelicals False Prophets?
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2018, 07:32:21 AM »
The Apostle was a true evangelist (preacher of the gospel), but he was not the person most use the word for evangelical today. Paul wasn't political, he was a preacher of the gospel (literally a evangelist), the good news, which most of today's evangelicals wouldn't know from the Mayflower Compact.  Evangelicals are Christian only when they are, not when they claim to be.

That brought a smile to my face because I know exactly what you mean. Whoever is preaching the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ, he is the evangelist. Keep up the good work my evangelist friend. Hard to find evangelists among all the TV personalities, liberal social workers, conservative rights groups and political rebels. Hard not to become jaded by the dearth.

Acts 21:8  And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.  9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

Hard to find such a evangelist, and four virgins too. :(   

Matrix

• Neo
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2018, 03:58:49 AM »
Can we say most modern evangelicals are teaching false doctrines?

Wayne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2018, 05:33:55 AM »
No. You don't know that. Besides, even if they are, that doesn't mean they are false prophets.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
Can we say most modern evangelicals are teaching false doctrines?

Like Tony Warren said. That depends upon your definition of the word evangelical. If you mean those popular TV preachers with selective morality and who blindly support injustice, the nation of Israel, and Dispensationalism? I would say yes, they are false prophets. Or professing Christians who have no spiritual compass, integrity or faithfulness to scripture.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2018, 05:49:43 AM »
All I can add is this. Even Trump's most ardent secular supporters will tell you that this man is a man of moral turpitude and depravity above all who went before him, and is changing the landscape of what integrity means. And yet the Christian evangelicals support him totally and unconditionally in record numbers. That's what the polls say. So I have but one question, what does that say about Christian evangelicals? Does it say that evangelicals are themselves immoral? Because last I looked, the Bible says Christians are to shun, abhor, renounce, detest,  loathe, despise, and denounce such unchristian behavior as Trump demonstrates on almost a daily basis. Not to ignore scripture when it says something they don't like, or when it suits their purpose. So are Evangelicals false prophets and fake Christians? Their blindness on almost every issue would seem to support that.

Philippians 4:8-9
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."

The evangelical says, these things are not as important as politics, or backing Israel unconditionally, ignoring fascism, preaching a earthly kingdom, supporting tribalism, preaching that guns in church are a good thing, turning a blind eye to injustice, preaching that Jews are God's chosen people even without Christ, preaching a doctrine of works vs sovereignty and grace, turning their back on the poor, naked and fatherless, crossing their fingers when there are lies, pretending to speak in tongues and all the other false teachings of evangelicals.

So are they any less blind than Israel was? Are evangelicals any less false prophets than the Scribes and Pharisees were? Think about it.

Kira

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
 :thinker:
K I R A 

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]