[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Catholicismís Incredible Growth Story  (Read 372 times)

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Catholicismís Incredible Growth Story
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:42:16 AM »
>>>
Catholicismís Incredible Growth Story

So much for the Church's Demise  ::)
<<<

Doug,
  Long time no see. Verily, verily, the incredible growth of Roman Catholicism, Liberalism, Facism, Dispensationalism, Zionism, Modernism, Scientism, Conservativism, Feminism, Atheism, Materialism, Evolutionism, Relativism, Universalism, and all the other isms, is precisely why we know of the church's demise.

Jeremiah 6:15
  • "Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD."

You may rejoice at such exponential growth, but we will stand afar off and mourn. Thus saith the Lord, the prophets Prophesy falsely, and the Priests bear rule by their means, and My people love to have it so...

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »
>>>
Catholicismís Incredible Growth Story

So much for the Church's Demise  ::)
<<<

Doug,
  Long time no see. Verily, verily, the incredible growth of Roman Catholicism, Liberalism, Facism, Dispensationalism, Zionism, Modernism, Scientism, Conservativism, Feminism, Atheism, Materialism, Evolutionism, Relativism, Universalism, and all the other isms, is precisely why we know of the church's demise.

Would that also include Calvinism?  ;D

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
>>>
Would that also include Calvinism?
<<<

In some instances, absolutely. Because when you stubbornly blind yourself to some truths in favor of tradition or custom, you subject all your teachings and doctrines to misgivings, suspicion and distrust. My view is that Christians should be noble and honest across the board, that we not fall into blind allegiances or tribalism. No group or sect is infallible, we all have feet of clay. For example, my holding on to all the man made tenants of a Baptist church, or of the church of England imply because my parents held to them--or holding to all human made tenants of Calvinism because my family has always held to these beliefs, is no different than any of the other groups I named. Doctrines should be able to be traced directly to the teachings of Scripture, not because my family held them.

How do we think false teachings grow or multiply anyway? They are generally retaught as they are passed down from generation to generation (family to family) as church tradition. Whether they are really taught or found in Scripture often becomes a moot point.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tim Norton

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:54:54 PM »
 :amen: That's not growth of the church, that's the exact opposite in the church.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]