[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: On modesty an open letter to the ladies by Michael Fischer  (Read 788 times)

Puritan Heart

Re: On modesty an open letter to the ladies by Michael Fischer
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 04:44:01 AM »
Greetings all,

With reference to the last few responses, I wish to draw to the attention of the reader that whilst the quote carries my moniker, the quotes are not my own personal opinions or views, but rather that of the writer of the letter, namely Michael Fischer.

Alexandra
Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Della

• Jesaus Is Lord!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »

I would think it obvious, it is not to entice men. Unfortuinately, in our time such rationale is called women shaming.

You're right. Isn't it a shame we cannot support modesty of dress without some woman claiming that we are shaming women? Isn't it just common sense that showing a lot of skin is meant to entice men? Do they think women but clothing that has their breasts half out or their pants so tight it's like stuffing sausage because they don't want men to notice them? My view is that perhaps women need to be shamed. Maybe that's what is missing. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »

I would think it obvious, it is not to entice men. Unfortuinately, in our time such rationale is called women shaming.

You're right. Isn't it a shame we cannot support modesty of dress without some woman claiming that we are shaming women?

Della & Joanne,
Signs of the times. We've lost all sense of responsibility, here it's now everyone else's fault. Modesty is a dirty word in the church. Like Heresy.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]