[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Pope Tells Gays 'God Made You Like That'  (Read 746 times)

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
Re: Pope Tells Gays 'God Made You Like That'
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 12:09:12 AM »
Judy should love this, because yesterday Pope Francis told a gay man that 'God made you like this and loves you like this

First of all, this over-used fable in appealing to divine providence by claiming "God made me this way," is without any merit. Except I guess for those who believe in double predestination. This premise is false and so the Pope's conclusion doesn’t follow from that flawed premise. How do these people come to such conclusions based on nothing but the fact that they are that way? Using Philly Dawg's example, what about serial child molesters. Did God make them that way too, and does he love them for who they are? That's crazy. The answer is no. So his conclusion is wrong. We can't claim God made them that way based on nothing but that they are prone to these sinful desires. Just another example of man blaming God for his own sinful inclinations. The Pope has been out of touch with the bible from the day he took office, so I am not at all surprised to hear what he said.
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 08:18:40 PM »
First of all, this over-used fable in appealing to divine providence by claiming "God made me this way," is without any merit.

Their opinion has just as much merit as your opinion. I don't agree with the Pope, but I won't be so arrogant as to say his opinion has no merit. Or his church is antichrist. That's just bad manners.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »

First of all, this over-used fable in appealing to divine providence by claiming "God made me this way," is without any merit.

>>>
Their opinion has just as much merit as your opinion.
<<<

Except that what Chicago Bear stated was not an opinion, it was a biblical certainty that Homosexuality is unnatural and not God authored. Not because he or I say so, but because God said it was sin and unnatural. Therefore, He did not create him that way and does not love him that way. That is biblically absurd. It has nothing to do with personal opinion, it has to do with orthodox, longstanding fundamental Christian Doctrine quoted direct from the word of God. Christian doctrine that has stood the text of time, but is now being undermined and come under attack not so much by sources outside the church, but from within. And I'm not talking about the Pope or Roman Catholicism, I'm talking about the mindset and attitudes of the recently faithful church and its leaders who have succumbed to secular humanism, politics and he world view.

Colossians 2:6-8
  • "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
  • Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
  • Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

This warning is not to become aught up in the rudiments or elementary beliefs of the world and its earthly, carnal philosophies. That homosexuality is sin is not our personal opinion, indeed it is not subject to personal opinion, it is biblical fact for the saints.

>>>
I don't agree with the Pope, but I won't be so arrogant as to say his opinion has no merit.
<<<

It's not a question of arrogancy, but one of "The Patience of the Saints" in the midst of degradation, compromise and apostasy. Make no mistake, we are in the midst of a trial of faith. Call it arrogance if you like, but the Pope's "opinion" on this issue indeed has no Biblical merit, and rather than Christian compassion is actually decidedly unchristian!  This is a trial or testing of our faith in Christ and how we stand reveals whether we have the true Spirit of Truth within us, or we simply have the outward appearance of it. To deny the word is to deny the Spirit, and to deny the Spirit is to deny the power of God.

2nd Timothy 3:1-5
  • ""This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
  • For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
  • Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
  • Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
  • Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

Having a "form" or appearance of Godliness, but what gives them away is that they weren't gifted the Holy Spirit of Truth and THEREFORE they don't believe the truth. The truth proclaimed is love, and they will not receive it. And when they deny the authoritative word, they deny the Spirit, the power of the word. In greater and greater numbers, professing Christians today have become lovers of themselves (humanistic), covetous or materialistic, political, boasters, proud, blasphemers, unholy, and without natural affection. Lots of unnatural affection, but lovers of pleasures (hedonism) more than lovers of God. It is in today's arena of degradation that we see not only the growth and tacit acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle by the church, but also the spurious denials that this is even a transgression. Even though the Bible plainly declares that, "if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination," there are those who would remove the ancient landmarks from the Bible. With their lips dripping with the bitter wormwood of rebellion and nullification, they accuse the righteous saints of a lack of love and compassion. Nevertheless, God is not mocked by words like "arrogance," and all the transparent rationalizations will not hide man's sin in the day of judgment.

>>>
Or his church is antichrist.
<<<

See God's definition of the pseudochrist. With some professing Christians, there's no such thing and God just used the word to take up space. Is any body antichrist in your form of Christianity? I mean beside the supernatural Devil Man you think is coming? God spends a lot of time talking about antichrists, false prophets, false Christs, wolves in sheep's clothing, those offended by the truth, Claim they are Jews, etc., etc. But today's church deals with this subject of the church view of homosexuality "as if" it's off limits or taboo. Nevertheless, be not discouraged because the actual good news (no pun intended) is that God has a just balance to weigh the prophets and the churches, and will judge righteously--not as man does. We can take solace in that.

Daniel 5:27
  • "TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting."

>>>
That's just bad manners.
<<<

To me, bad Christian manners is bad behavior, bad conduct, bad protocol, bad authority and bad stewards.  It's not calling a fact, a fact, and it's not saying God declares homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. That's not bad manners, that the gospel truth received by the Spirit of truth. ...or not!

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 07:43:34 AM »
>>>
That's just bad manners.
<<<
To me, bad Christian manners is bad behavior, bad conduct, bad protocol, bad authority and bad stewards.  It's not calling a fact, a fact, and it's not saying God declares homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. That's not bad manners, that the gospel truth received by the Spirit of truth. ...or not!

That's bad manners and that's bad Churching. You don't condemn the sinner so you can exalt yourself.

“Who am I to judge?”

Those five words, spoken by Pope Francis in July 2013 in reference to gay Catholics, were a watershed moment for the church. This was a stark contrast to the tone set by his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, who instead referred to the “intrinsic moral evil” and “objective disorder” of “same-sex attraction.”

http://www.uscatholic.org/articles/201804/lgbt-conversation-sign-new-life-church-31352

A compassionate and loving alternative view from the Reformed Church hatred displayed here by legalists like Tony Warren.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 12:05:55 AM »
That's bad manners and that's bad Churching. You don't condemn the sinner so you can exalt yourself.

“Who am I to judge?”

Those five words, spoken by Pope Francis in July 2013 in reference to gay Catholics, were a watershed moment for the church.

And not just the Catholic church. If it were just them it would be understandable as their doctrines are man made, but it's the church in general that believes this way. So in other words, it's "Who made thee a ruler and a judge over us?" So don't judge anyone or anything. That's been a cry of the unbelieving reprobate masquerading as God's people since the dawn of time. Just as when Moses attempted to do God's good, those exact words (who made thee a ruler and judge) were used against Him. The scenario never changes as the words "Judge not" are used out of context and usually in tacit support of, or in reference to allowing iniquity and rebellion to continue.

Mt 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Yeah, I know, that's bad manners and bad churching. But according to whom?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 04:09:54 AM »
 &TY Reformer.
   A voice crying in the wilderness, a voice of reason in this forum!

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 12:18:59 AM »
Surprising, since he is a leftist liberal who attacks a good man like the President. Maybe he disagrees with the Pope in order to get back in good with conservative Christian values. At any rate, the pope isn't the voice of reason and neither is Reformer, since they are both liberals with bad manners.

Now let's talk about Pope Francis telling that gay, 'God made you like that and loves you like that'. This is the liberal agenda to destroy morality, america and the evangelical church.

If you want to hear a voice of reason, support the government and the President, reject amillennialism and back God's people Israel. The pope, he's insignificant and what he says just noise from the liberal crowd.

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »

Who was it that said "hiding behind the flag is the refuge of scoundrels?"

Oh, I believe it was me.

Granny

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 05:16:44 AM »
 )amen( Where did you serve Soldier, if you don't mind me asking.

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 09:43:57 AM »
The 2nd Iraq war in 2003.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]