[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: International Political and National Disgrace!  (Read 3525 times)

Dan

• Dan the Man
Re: International Political and National Disgrace!
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »
Philly, do you have anything good to say about the President or the Republican party?

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
Philly, do you have anything good to say about the President or the Republican party?

With Trump it's hard, but I'll try. OK, Trump is not quite as unhinged as Ted Nugent. How's that?

As for the Republican Party, it has a few good (actual) Christian members, like those who come here and post, as well as good men leaders like John Kasich, who is very intelligent, a Christian with a sound political mind, and a vision that is not divisive or Fascist. John is the only one I see honest enough to call Trump's divisive race-bating and chaos out for exactly what it is. Which is why he probably won't get too far in the national Republican party, but always wins by double digets in His home state of Ohio.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2018, 04:06:03 PM »
As for the Republican Party, it has a few good (actual) Christian members, like those who come here and post, as well as good men leaders like John Kasich, who is very intelligent, a Christian with a sound political mind, and a vision that is not divisive or Fascist. John is the only one I see honest enough to call Trump's divisive race-bating and chaos out for exactly what it is. Which is why he probably won't get too far in the national Republican party, but always wins by double digets in His home state of Ohio.

Philly,
  You are so right about Republican Governor John Kasich. He is a good conservative Christian and a conscientious and honest man. But he could never win in a National Republican race because the party has swung so far into the lunacy of racism and fascism that a honest Republican like him could never win nationally anymore. As Demonstrated here, in the new Republican party, you're either alt right or liberal. In their "little minds" there is no other possibility.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
 Style doesn't matter, Trump gets things done so it doesn't matter how he does it. I don't care if he is divisive, says the wrong thing, silences the liberal press, separates illegals, likes the leader of Russia, antagonizes Canada or Germany, doesn't tell the truth sometimes, or alienates minorities. I care about American business, government spending, abortion and the working class.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 11:30:48 PM »
A Fascist President Makes a Fascist Move

It is so sad that America is headed for a hard and fast fall into a Russian-like fascist dictatorship, if it isn't already in one. My only question is, where are all the Republican Senators and Representatives who are supposed to be the checks and balances to mitigate the dangers of a dictatorial centralized power? hese spinless politicians are just as guilty as Comrade Trumpski of selling this Republic out. Shame on the whole cowardly and pathetic bunch of them.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2018, 10:45:22 PM »
With the President's latest outrageous international fiasco of accepting murder by Saudi Arabia, has there been a more falsifier, immoral and corrupt leader of the free world than Trump? What a disgrace he is to snuggle up with Russia, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and constantly condemn Canada, Germany and NATO. I never thought this country's Republicans would sink so low as to have such a degenerate man and harlot, represent us, but I was wrong.

"Designed to make lies see truthful and murder respectable." George Orwell.

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2018, 07:22:00 AM »
What do you expect from El Diablo, the father of lies? He is children are incapable of trurh, his agents incapable of moral behavior, and his followers incapable of Christian thinking. They think with their belly, not with virtue or honor. Did you really think he would become a good man who cared about anything but enriching himself? Our Lord said that the rich man is wise in his own conceit, but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out. El Diablo thinks only of physical riches, never spiritual riches.

Matt. 19:24
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

If that's not Trump, I don't know what is. He is a man as morally bankrupt as any demon on this earth. The Republican party we knew and loved is gone. It's now as morally bankrupt as the Democratic party.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2018, 08:07:02 AM »
Trump brings shame on Christians who supported him over other Republicans.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2018, 07:32:22 AM »

Sorry Lieberman, I strongly disagree. Trump doesn't bring shame on anyone but himself. The Christians who make excuses for his deceit, his blatant lies, his immorality, corruption and distractions bring shame upon themselves. No one can bring shame on you except yourself.

I support the office of the President, I support the government, but I do not accept or rationalize away lies, murders, corruption and scapegoating as part of that. John the Baptist understood that he was under rule of king Herod, but that didn't mean that he accepted the unlawfulness and sin of him having his brother Philip's wife. He spoke up and insisted that it was against God's laws. And he paid the price for his righteousness.

The evangelicals (as they are called) today are not like that, they blindly accept lawlessness and incivility as a necessary evil for political gain in the world. That's not Trump bringing shame on Christians, that's them bringing shame on themselves. As God says, everyone is responsible for their own sins, no one is responsible for the sins of others. Not the father for the son, the son for the father, or trump for the sins of anyone else. If we support sin, no matter from what corner it comes from, we bring shame on ourselves. Hitler didn't bring shame on the Christians of Germany, they brought shame on themselves for blinding themselves to what he was doing. That's my two cents, against my better judgment on commenting on politics.

Mr 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 12:43:45 AM »

Sorry Lieberman, I strongly disagree. Trump doesn't bring shame on anyone but himself. The Christians who make excuses for his deceit, his blatant lies, his immorality, corruption and distractions bring shame upon themselves. No one can bring shame on you except yourself.

Reformer. You are right of course. I'm just frustrated by the rank cowardice of some professing Christians in rubber stamping obvious immorality and turning a blind eye to murder in order to protect economic gain. Ultimately you are right that Trump doesn't bring shame on anyone but himself. It's just that the parade of ministers and pastors on the Fox channel constantly justifying these immoral actions makes me ill. I should have said the blind support of despots brings shame on Christians who do it. I stand corrected, and thanks for that correction.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2018, 06:46:58 AM »
Trump may be a little old and says some unfiltered and bad things, but at Least he's deporting the illegal immigrants from this country, which is more than the Democrats would do. Did you see those people on the Mexican border. That's because of the Democrats allowing illegal immigrants in.

As for the killing of the journalist, I heard that it was a accident and maybe it wasn't the Prince's doing. I believe President Trump over fake news any day.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2018, 08:01:13 AM »
Trump may be a little old and says some unfiltered and bad things,

Is your term 'old' a word you use for deceiver, for senile or narcissistic? Old has nothing to do with it. Old has nothing to do with bad, that's a excuse. He's morally bankrupt, and has been for years.

but at Least he's deporting the illegal immigrants from this country, which is more than the Democrats would do.

This is the rampant ignorance of blind idolic allegiance, no doubt brought on by your dedication to Republican state run FOX news. You want to talk about fake news! That's fake news. The real truth (in case you really want it, which I doubt) is that the Democrat Obama has deported more people than any other President. More than any other President. You won't hear that at Fox because it doesn't fit their narrative of blaming the Democrats for everything including the Chicago fire. President Barack Obama was hated by immigration groups during his white house stay. They referred to him as the "Deporter in Chief." Now I know like your Idol you hate the truth when it contradicts your dishonest ramblings, but facts are facts. The Democratic administration of Obama has deported more than 2.5 million people through his immigration orders, and that's more than any Republican ever did. It's weird because I always thought Christians loved the truth, but I'm finding out with Trump Christians it's only when it suits their purpose. Actually the number is a whole lot more because that 2.5 million number doesn’t even include the number of people who self-deported because of his rules or who were turned away and returned to their home country at the border by his U.S. Customs and Border Protection. How do you like the truth now? Not so much huh? You don't want to hear that inconvenient truth, do you?

Did you see those people on the Mexican border. That's because of the Democrats allowing illegal immigrants in.

They had caravans but no, they were not coming to the border like this before Trump. They are coming in greater numbers than ever because of trump. His rhetoric has brought this greater onslaugght of immigrants. He blames the "Dems" because that's what keeps otherwise sound minded people irrational and in fear. But you reap what you sow. There are ways to keep these people from coming, but it isn't the Trump way of fear mongering. But that's all he knows.

As for the killing of the journalist, I heard that it was a accident and maybe it wasn't the Prince's doing.

Wow! Really?  Boy! And I heard that if you say "there's no place like home" and click your heels three times, you'll end up back on the farm.  ::)

Bit if you want to suspend reason and believe's Trump's fairy tales, have a bite of the bitter apple, because that's your business. I wish you well.

I believe President Trump over fake news any day.

Do you believe Trump over God?

John 8:43-45
"Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."

Because I tell you the truth, you don't want to believe me because you are deceived by the world.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »
but at Least he's deporting the illegal immigrants from this country, which is more than the Democrats would do.

This is the rampant ignorance of blind idolic allegiance, no doubt brought on by your dedication to Republican state run FOX news. You want to talk about fake news! That's fake news. The real truth (in case you really want it, which I doubt) is that the Democrat Obama has deported more people than any other President. More than any other President. You won't hear that at Fox because it doesn't fit their narrative of blaming the Democrats for everything including the Chicago fire. President Barack Obama was hated by immigration groups during his white house stay. They referred to him as the "Deporter in Chief." Now I know like your Idol you hate the truth when it contradicts your dishonest ramblings, but facts are facts. The Democratic administration of Obama has deported more than 2.5 million people through his immigration orders, and that's more than any Republican ever did. It's weird because I always thought Christians loved the truth, but I'm finding out with Trump Christians it's only when it suits their purpose.

I post this again because it's true. Your conclusion I believe is also true. That's very sad. But you know how these people are. Truth with some Christians is relative. That is, in relation  to Democrats, lies are acceptable for Republican Christians.  ]ThUmBsDoWn[

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2019, 06:57:38 AM »
Republican Coast Guard Worker Plots Attacks On Journalists and Democrats!

If anyone thinks that this wasn't all brought about by the despicable rhetoric of this
 President, then you are either Naive or deceitful

Matrix

• Neo
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2019, 09:37:33 AM »
And Trump's attacks on free speech, free press and free information continues unabated. With his crazy supporters and cultists ready to go to war.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/02/21/chris-cuomo-concerned-with-familys-safety-after-showing-up-on-coast-guard-officers-hit-list/23674796/

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]