[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Could Donald Trump be the Antichrist  (Read 3534 times)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
Re: Could Donald Trump be the Antichrist
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »
Sojourner, I think they're just using that word to annoy you. Don't let it get to you. You're right, those type of tactics never work here. In fact they backfire.

NoMass

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »

Is Trump The Antichrist?

https://theoutline.com/post/939/donald-trump-antichrist-apocalypse

He does follow closely the characteristics.

NoMass

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 12:56:28 PM »
I have a question. When did the word liberal become an insult? I think Bram, John and Fred would call Christ a liberal because he fed the poor instead of condemning them for being lazy. Or because he helped the widows and told his disciples to nurse the sick back to health. In their world the good Samaritan would become the evil liberal do-good-er and half-breed who should be despised. And I suppose, according to these three, Philip should have told the man from Ethiopia to go back to his own country and made a law that they couldn't come to Israel. The hypocrites of the days of Christ are the hypocrites of today.

How did I miss this.  :GoodPopst:  &TY   :iagree:

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
Is Trump The Antichrist?

No.

Satan is a spirit and is "THEE" antichrist, ruling through men, the body of the beast all over the world. For example, the two horned beast like a lamb in Revelation 13 is not talking about one single man, but the body making up of men with the spirit of antichrist that serve Satan's agenda against Christianity prior to Second Coming. They are the false prophets.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »

Is Trump The Antichrist?

https://theoutline.com/post/939/donald-trump-antichrist-apocalypse

He does follow closely the characteristics.

A lot of people follow those characteristics. He might be a Devil, but he's not the antichrist because he's not part of the church. The antichrist by definition is part of the church, and there are many of them.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 06:26:36 PM »
A lot of people follow those characteristics. He might be a Devil, but he's not the antichrist because he's not part of the church. The antichrist by definition is part of the church, and there are many of them.

Agreed Frank,
   It's just common sense. If he takes a seat in the holy temple, then he has to be a man of religion. Trump is not religious. Therefore, from scripture he doesn't qualify to be antichrist.

2 Thessalonians chapter 2
 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Trump does not qualify. Nor does any other Politician.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 02:52:27 AM »
Trump does not qualify. Nor does any other Politician.

:iagree:  Except the politicians in the church. Because to a large degree, the church has become politicized by its pastors, ministers and Elders. From the liberal church to the conservative church, they have blurred the line between the separation of politics and religion, world and church, good and evil.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »
From the liberal church to the conservative church, they have blurred the line between the separation of politics and religion, world and church, good and evil.

:cLaPpInGg: Ain't That the Truth!   :BibleRead:

Studyman

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 10:07:08 AM »
I am a newby on this forum. A nobody, just typed letters on the internet. However I am now a member, so I'm giving my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

How can it be wise to use God's Word or teaching to promote a man made political ideology? How can someone, who claims to have been purchased by the Blood of Christ, use God's Word to place Jesus in a "political" box?

Jesus was a Conservative, Jesus was a Liberal? Really folks? Is that the message the Bible teaches? Is that why they killed Jesus because He was political?

Well, it may have been. The Mainstream Church of His time was soaked in tradition and man made doctrines. This "church" was "Teaching for doctrines the Commandments of men." The church leaders thought the Messiah was supposed to rid them of their enemies. They thought their enemy was the "Government". (Roman Empire) But it wasn't. Their enemy and ours is our own flesh. Our own mind.

There is a saying "No matter where you go, there you are". I contend that our enemy remains the same no matter which political party rules. No matter which king  rules, no matter which dictator rules. I contend that one message of the Bible is to "separate our selves" from all this foolishness.

Today is a Sabbath. It is one of the forgotten "Feast's of the Lord" called "Feast of Tabernacles". It is one of the observances in God's holy Days which show His Salvation plan. This plan starts with Passover, it doesn't end there. (A topic for another discussion) But it was amazing for me, on this Sabbath, to open this forum and see this thread. The whole purpose of this Holy Day, this part of Christ's Salvation plan, is to remind us that we are "Strangers in a foreign land". I had no say where I was born. And does it really matter? Are we all not to "carry our cross" (Flesh) and follow Him. (Walk even as he walked)

Heb. 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

We are waiting: "For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

Neither Liberals nor Conservatives will bring this city, though "many" religious leaders who "come in Christ's name" suggest they might.

Anyway, there is the 2 cents.

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »
I am a newby on this forum. A nobody, just typed letters on the internet. However I am now a member, so I'm giving my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

:welcome:

How can it be wise to use God's Word or teaching to promote a man made political ideology? How can someone, who claims to have been purchased by the Blood of Christ, use God's Word to place Jesus in a "political" box? Jesus was a Conservative, Jesus was a Liberal? Really folks?

Amazing, isn't it? And yet, that's what so many modern Christians (or professing Christians) believe. That God is pleased with their political efforts through Satanic men from both sides of the aisle. Completely ignoring the mission Christ actually gave us.

Is that the message the Bible teaches? Is that why they killed Jesus because He was political?

The only time Christ was political is when he told his disciples to pay their taxes and obey their rulers. The exact opposite of the political Christians today. Not once did he speak of the evil Roman rulers, the unfair rulers or why they should hate the rulers because they were not Christian or did unchristian things. He spent most of his time talking about the need for salvation, the disobedience of the church rulers and the coming apostasy. Quite a great departure from what the ministers of today pine about. The evil liberals and the heartless conservatives. Not to mention the indecisive moderates!

The Mainstream Church of His time was soaked in tradition and man made doctrines. This "church" was "Teaching for doctrines the Commandments of men." The church leaders thought the Messiah was supposed to rid them of their enemies. They thought their enemy was the "Government". (Roman Empire) But it wasn't. Their enemy and ours is our own flesh. Our own mind.

Just like the majority of the church today thinks their enemy is the government. It's like it's happening all over again in the church. They wanted Christ to overthrow the Roman government, and Christ came to set up a different type of new government resting upon his shoulders. It's like people never learn.

There is a saying "No matter where you go, there you are".

Tony's been saying that for years, and Christians just don't seem to understand what that means.

1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

We are waiting: "For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

Neither Liberals nor Conservatives will bring this city, though "many" religious leaders who "come in Christ's name" suggest they might.

Anyway, there is the 2 cents.

Yes, both religious leaders and non-religious leaders and those pretending to be religious leaders.

Matt 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »
The church leaders thought the Messiah was supposed to rid them of their enemies. They thought their enemy was the "Government". (Roman Empire) But it wasn't. Their enemy and ours is our own flesh. Our own mind.

Just like the majority of the church today thinks their enemy is the government. It's like it's happening all over again in the church. They wanted Christ to overthrow the Roman government, and Christ came to set up a different type of new government resting upon his shoulders. It's like people never learn.

:-Oh-tHe-DrAma-: First the warmonger Bush, then the lascivious Clinton, then the evil Obama and now the Moron Trump. Why do Christians always think that they can change the world and its governments and make them righteous when that has never happened and never will?

Ecc. 1:9
"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun".

We need to work on changing hearts through the gospel, not political parties. Trump isn't the first politician to be called Antichrist by people who know nothing about Christianity, and I'm sure he won't be the last. While the real antichrist is a mystery and goes unnoticed in the church.

Rev. 17:7
"and the messenger said to me, `Wherefore didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the secret of the woman and of the beast that [is] carrying her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns".

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 03:38:54 AM »

Trump Knowingly retweets Fake News!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42166663

What Christian can respect this man?
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 05:04:12 AM »
Trump and the right wing dispensational radicals who blindly support him are the biggest threat to the traditional peace of traditional Christianity the world has ever seen. Unfortunately, the world looks at these bigoted and dishonest people waving the flag of Christianity and equate their hypocritical behavior to all Christians. If antichrist is descriptive, the behavior of Trump sure fits the bill. It is about as anti-christ as it gets.

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »
What has the reaction been? Mr Trump's decision to retweet the videos has been met with condemnation on social media. Brendan Cox, whose wife, British MP Jo Cox, was brutally murdered by a far right-wing extremist who shouted "Britain First" before committing the murderous crime, has loudly condemned the President's action.

Quote: "Trump has legitimised the far right in his own country, now hes trying to do it in ours. Spreading hatred has consequences & the President should be ashamed of himself."

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 11:26:07 AM »
White House defends anti-Muslim Trump tweets, says it doesn't matter if videos are real

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/politics/trump-anti-muslim-tweets/index.html

Can you say "FAKE NEWS!" The worst President we've ever had!
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]