[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?  (Read 20493 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?
« Reply #300 on: February 10, 2019, 07:31:15 AM »
 )GoodPopst( Well Said Melanie!
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

aquatic

Re: Republican Dingell's Mmessage to Trump on his Death Bed
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »

DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) ó On the day of his death, longtime Rep. John Dingell dictated a farewell message to America and used some of his final words to criticize President Donald Trump.

How sad. Going to meet your maker and your last words are to criticize a President.

Yeah, unlike you who criticizes President Abraham Lincoln and call him a mass murderer. No hypocrisy there.  ::)

Iím not on my deathbed knowing my death is imminent. If I was I would be thinking of family, friends, and God. Not criticizing a president.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #302 on: February 11, 2019, 03:30:34 AM »
DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) ó On the day of his death, longtime Rep. John Dingell dictated a farewell message to America and used some of his final words to criticize President Donald Trump.
How sad. Going to meet your maker and your last words are to criticize a President.
Yeah, unlike you who criticizes President Abraham Lincoln and call him a mass murderer. No hypocrisy there.  ::)

)Goodpoint(  Thank you Melanie for saying what I was thinking before. You see the same thing whenever there is a disaster and people think they're going to die. They all start praying and promising to live a better life. And then when they don't die, it's back to sin and business as usual. It's inconvenient to stand up and be honest when it's needed, but when they think they are going to die, all of a sudden they get honest as if to try and make a good impression to God. I agree, how sad.

I think he should have spoken up about the vile, deceitful and Godless behavior of this President while He was alive and kicking and able to make a difference, rather than "grow a conscience" when He knows he's going to meet the Lord. Feeling guilty maybe?

It's funny how so many people find a conscience and become good Samaritans and act like actual "Christians" only on their death bed.

My thoughts exactly. Don't get honest when you're dying, be honest in life.

Iím not on my deathbed knowing my death is imminent. If I was I would be thinking of family, friends, and God. Not criticizing a president.

Now as for you aquatic, I beg you to please stop foolishly justifying yourself and your hypocrisy in dealing with this issue because you sound so much like Trump's justifications. For your information criticizing a President is criticizing a President, no matter when it's done. You demean the faith if you foolishly think that he's wrong to criticize if he does it one day before he dies, while you're righteous and justified if you do it one year before you die? I agree with Melanie, that is hypocrisy. If it's wrong, it's wrong no matter when you do it. And if it's not wrong, then it's not wrong to do it.

"Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

If you think it's wrong to criticize the President, then it's wrong. It's not wrong for one man one day and justified for you on another day. You seem so deep in Trump idolatry that you are out of touch with what Christianity is at its core. A Christian doesn't hypocritically justify himself, he says he is wrong, repents and moves on. But with you, it's somehow righteous for you to criticize President Clinton or Obama in partisan politics and the like, but when someone criticizes a President that is your idol, then somehow it's different and hate because the critic didn't have long to live?

So sad that people say they're Christian and can't recognize their own Hypocrisy.

aquatic

« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2019, 04:47:24 PM »
Lieberman,
Youíre putting words into my mouth amd making this a big deal. Anyone can criticize the president. Itís a free country. But to do it on your death bed?! Like I said, his priorities were wrong.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »

Aquatic and Melanie. Perhaps you're both wrong. Perhaps it was a noble gesture and he thought it might do some good. I try not to judge another's servant.

Maurice

« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2019, 05:33:12 AM »
Now as for you aquatic, I beg you to please stop foolishly justifying yourself and your hypocrisy in dealing with this issue because you sound so much like Trump's justifications. For your information criticizing a President is criticizing a President, no matter when it's done. You demean the faith if you foolishly think that he's wrong to criticize if he does it one day before he dies, while you're righteous and justified if you do it one year before you die? I agree with Melanie, that is hypocrisy. If it's wrong, it's wrong no matter when you do it. And if it's not wrong, then it's not wrong to do it.

)Question_( This is why I am not a Christian. I see this every day. Christians being hypocrites, going to strip clubs, supporting a man like Trump, cheating on their wives and husbands, drinking, making off color jokes, Ministers stealing money from the church, people flirting with someone's wife, being racist, wearing mini skirts, cussing and swearing. At least I'm up front I'm not a Christian. They pretend like they're holy and act just like the rest of us.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #306 on: February 12, 2019, 06:04:00 PM »
I agree with Melanie, that is hypocrisy. If it's wrong, it's wrong no matter when you do it. And if it's not wrong, then it's not wrong to do it.

)Question_( This is why I am not a Christian. I see this every day.

Yes there are hypocrites in this forum, there are hypocrites in church and there are hypocrites in the world. That is a given. But that is not why you are not a Christian because Christ never said that there would not be hypocrites among us. That's your convenient excuse.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Christians being hypocrites, going to strip clubs, supporting a man like Trump, cheating on their wives and husbands, drinking, making off color jokes, Ministers stealing money from the church, people flirting with someone's wife, being racist, wearing mini skirts, cussing and swearing. At least I'm up front I'm not a Christian.

To borrow one of Tony's sayings, "All that shimmers is not gold."

Lu 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

We are well aware that there are false Christians among us. There is bad fruit among every group, every family, every people and nation isn't there? Why would that disqualify Christianity as a God fearing group?

They pretend like they're holy and act just like the rest of us.

I have no quarrel with you on that statement. Go back to my previous answer. Did you ever stop and read what Christ said on that issue? You should.

Mt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So it's not like Christianity from the start wasn't aware that there would be hypocrites who lied to themselves about being of the spirit and working of Christ. We know them by their fruits. So you telling us that there are hypocrites in the church is old news, our leader told us that from the beginning.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2019, 01:30:04 AM »
 )GoodPopst(  Hypocrites in a group are not the test of its worth or validity. As Tony Warren said of the church, one bad apple won't spoil the whole bunch unless you leave it in the basket. I found that a very profound and wise change to the classic adage.

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2019, 04:07:55 AM »
This is why I am not a Christian. I see this every day. Christians being hypocrites, going to strip clubs, supporting a man like Trump, cheating on their wives and husbands, drinking, making off color jokes, Ministers stealing money from the church, people flirting with someone's wife, being racist, wearing mini skirts, cussing and swearing.

Where does the bible say that Christians can't drink, smoke or cuss? You don't know about Christianity.

aquatic

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2019, 05:14:47 PM »

)Question_( This is why I am not a Christian.

Honest question for you Maurice. Why do you continue to come here (Christian forum) year after year?

Iím not Muslim. I donít go to Muslim forums
Iím not atheist. I donít go to atheist forums
I donít like pickles. I donít eat pickles.
Etc etc.

Maurice

« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2019, 05:15:20 AM »

Honest question for you Maurice. Why do you continue to come here (Christian forum) year after year?

Well, for the same reason you post in message threads that you obviously can't stand the beliefs of the people who post, yet engage those who don't hold your warped views and who constantly have to correct your errors. Same question, why.

Etc etc.

You don't like those who don't like vile men like Trump, and yet you come year after years attempting to convince them (without facts) that Trump is actually a good man who is just misunderstood. Glutton for punishment?  Myself, I'd like to be corrected, shown where I am wrong. For example, though I don't like it, Reformer makes a good point about Christian groups. On the other hand, you continue in your hypocrisy. Or are you going to pretend that you agree with what these people post about your man-crush Trump? So don't be a hypocrite. I'll just repeat the question you gave me.

"Honest question for you Aquatic. Why do you continue to come here (Miscellaneous Topics forum) year after year?"

You don't agree with anything said here but here you are back again. So when you answer my question, add the same answer to your question to me.

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2019, 06:02:10 AM »
For example, though I don't like it, Reformer makes a good point about Christian groups.

An honest Atheist?  :-X Well that's good, but then why can't you be honest with yourself about God, the universe, abortion, creation, life and evolution? Selective honesty is still dishonesty wouldn't you say. I would. Does that make you practicing the same hypocrisy as aquatic? Just say'n.

It is against the rules to go around calling people hypocrites (name calling). I'll assume you're just talking about behavior, not calling any person in particular a hypocrite? Even though it's kind of a slippery slope some are treading.

aquatic

« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »

Well, for the same reason you post in message threads that you obviously can't stand the beliefs of the people who post, yet engage those who don't hold your warped views and who constantly have to correct your errors. Same question, why.

Etc etc.

You don't like those who don't like vile men like Trump, and yet you come year after years attempting to convince them (without facts) that Trump is actually a good man who is just misunderstood. Glutton for punishment?  Myself, I'd like to be corrected, shown where I am wrong. For example, though I don't like it, Reformer makes a good point about Christian groups. On the other hand, you continue in your hypocrisy. Or are you going to pretend that you agree with what these people post about your man-crush Trump? So don't be a hypocrite. I'll just repeat the question you gave me.

"Honest question for you Aquatic. Why do you continue to come here (Miscellaneous Topics forum) year after year?"

You don't agree with anything said here but here you are back again. So when you answer my question, add the same answer to your question to me.

Triggered!!

I come to a Christian forum and website , because Iím a Christian. These political topics are just a sideshow. I try to correct others just as you said you like to be corrected. Or at least give a different opinion so others can make an informed decision or make them think from another perspective.

Everything else you said is false. I donít hate others  who have different views. I donít have warped views(just different views)  and I donít have a ďman crushĒ on Trump. Or do I ďworshipĒ as others say.

Thats a straw man or caricature with name calling thrown in.

Maurice

« Reply #313 on: February 17, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »
Triggered!!
These political topics are just a sideshow.

A sideshow that you participate in regularly, showing hypocrisy in calling the topics a sideshow because you're employed in that so-called sideshow. Every post you make is hypocritical. You come here and post for the same reason that I do. I've already proven that. You want your views heard, despite that fact that you are in the minority opinion. And you are the least objective Christian I've read posting here, so there's that.

I try to correct others just as you said you like to be corrected. Or at least give a different opinion so others can make an informed decision or make them think from another perspective.

Informed and aquatic are words that don't go together. Just like Donald Trump and Abraham Lincoln. Or either you are pretending that facts aren't facts.

Everything else you said is false. I donít hate others  who have different views.

You loudly claim others who have a different point of view hate Trump, even though they say they don't hate Trump. You base this on their opposition to his doctrines. Yet you do the same thing they do and yet pretend you don't hate them when every post you makes screams hatred of them and their views. That's hypocritic.

You ask why I'm here, and I ask why you are here based on that same criteria. You don't have to agree with me, but don't be a hypocrite is all I'm saying.

I donít have warped views(just different views)

That Donald Trump is a greater man than Abraham Lincoln is a warped view, not a different view. It's a view which I feel safe in saying very few sane people would agree with. That makes it a warped view.

I donít have a ďman crushĒ on Trump. Or do I ďworshipĒ as others say.

Say_what(  You're kidding, right? I don't know how you would define it, but your behavior is plainly obsession with making Trump out to be something that any Christian (and I'm not even Christian) would agree is not who he is.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2019, 04:43:37 AM »

Aquatic and Melanie. Perhaps you're both wrong. Perhaps it was a noble gesture and he thought it might do some good. I try not to judge another's servant.

)Goodpoint( Reformer
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]